Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    King if you include Destiny’s Chile?
    I might be wrong, but I don't think DC got a write-up in the 90s countdown.

Comment

• "Shallow" lyrics.

"Kiss It Better" was so overlooked. Deserved more success!

Comment

• I've always had mixed thoughts about "The Edge of Glory". It's a lovely song and I'm confident it will age serenely, but it's so tame by Gaga's standards, and grossly overrated by fans and critics.

The video for "Wrecking Ball" is a bit much, yes, but the song is fantastic. I played it like a madman in 2013.

"Kiss It Better" is the most 'Rihanna' song on Anti, and it only flopped because there was such an overload of RiRi at the time of its release. Otherwise, it would've been another top 10 hit for her.

"Higher Love" honours Whitney's memory. Her vocal is just divine on the track. I really wish she'd lived to have a full disco/dance era.

The lyrics you quoted for "Shallow" are the only ones that really matter, tbh. The song was a grower for me. I'd have to check to make sure, but I don't think it debuted at #1 on my daily chart, which is usually a red flag for songs from my fave divas. I still think it takes a while to get to the point, as the Bradley Cooper intro is much longer than I'd like it to be, but that bellow is worth the wait.

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        I just realized I started following the male model (Richie Nuzzolese) online when the TGIF video came out and never unfollowed
        Coincidentally, I did a bit of an IG purge a few days ago, where I unfollowed a lot of accounts like those.
        Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [10-8]

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
          As for Kylie's Get Outta My Way, I don't think I've met a gay who doesn't like it. The best thing she released last decade for me.
          Now you've met one
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• TGIF by Katy Perry had such a great video. Especially since it featured Debbie Gibson.

I especially bought the Japanese edition of Whitney's I'm Your Baby Tonight to get the bonus tracks of which Higher Love was one. I never really liked her version of HL though. Until Kygo remixed it, that is. He did such a great job. He should have used all her vocals though.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• taverner heppolo RayRay Affillate Goldmoney CZB Tomer_MC aRat Leo CandyPerfumeBoy theMathematician DNK abi FreakyFlyBry JakeP taverner JSparksFan Tansike Erotica luckyONE RedSimba Spiral GaGarazzi MrLeonix DevilPray Lemo HC55555 trebor Mainshow dylonj HotPotato BratzJesuz holler888 JeremySpears

Tagging the voters as I am about to start the top 40. I'll also let you know when we start top ten!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                            I'm cracking at Shallow's lyrics.
                            Originally posted by abi View Post
                            "Shallow" lyrics.
                            Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                            The lyrics you quoted for "Shallow" are the only ones that really matter, tbh.
                            I amused myself typing it. But like Akini says, it's what you remember when you think about that song

I've always had mixed thoughts about "The Edge of Glory". It's a lovely song and I'm confident it will age serenely, but it's so tame by Gaga's standards, and grossly overrated by fans and critics.
                            Can't remember where else you said this where I agreed with you. Really surprised this is the one that caught the most love from the GP from Born This Way (I mean the lead was a #1, but it was seriously front-loaded and sank pretty quickly after it's #1 run. I think The Edge of Glory actually spent more weeks in the top ten.)

The video for "Wrecking Ball" is a bit much, yes, but the song is fantastic. I played it like a madman in 2013.
                            I had heard the lyrics were about her father, and thought damn, that's so dark. But I couldn't find any evidence for that, so I'm sure it's a myth.

"Higher Love" honours Whitney's memory. Her vocal is just divine on the track. I really wish she'd lived to have a full disco/dance era.
                            Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                            I especially bought the Japanese edition of Whitney's I'm Your Baby Tonight to get the bonus tracks of which Higher Love was one. I never really liked her version of HL though. Until Kygo remixed it, that is. He did such a great job. He should have used all her vocals though.
                            The original is a very 80s production - just so impressed with Kygo's update. When I heard he was doing it, I really thought it would be a throw-away. Ended up being my favorite release of last year.

Comment

• I felt dirty voting for Do What U Gagz but that is lowkey the best R&B-pop hybrid of the 10s.
                              Originally posted by beredy
                              When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• I almost got Petra Marklund in the top 100
                                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                  I almost got Petra Marklund in the top 100
                                  Yes, it's the highest non-English song (even above Celine), unless you count Tilted by Christine and the Queens (it has both a French and English version).

Comment

• Ewww at Shallow and Edge Of Glory, some of her worst songs ever. But Do what u want is a masterpiece, still love it. Always hoped for the video.

Kiss it better is a masterpiece too, a song that deserved so much more, sadly trashy Work got all the success. Kiss it better was the huge highlight on one of Rihanna's weakest albums.

Girl Gone Wild is a amazing and still fun.
                                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• CT: *Dedicates half of DWUW's write-up discussing the #MeToo perpetrators associated with the track*
                                      Me: *Shown as the song's highest-voter*

"Do What U Want" is brilliant dance-pop magic, and as much as I adore the Christina version, I have to say that the original with R. Kelly is still my favourite version of the song. It was my #2, which means I gently placed morals to the side in preparing my list.

"Girl Gone Wild" is high! I think it's a good song, but I wish GMAYL got half as much love from the voters.

I'm listening to "Run Away with Me" and that chorus still storms like a train! One of the best songs ever, tbh.

I was so obsessed with "Hold It Against Me" that I'm pretty sure my overplaying of it doused my passion for it. However, it still holds the record for most days atop my daily chart, I'm pretty sure I've watched its video more than any other music video, and I was elated when it debuted at #1. This is the perfect song for Britney. It had that dubstep sound to it, which was something fresh for pop radio at the time, and the lyrics are well within her sex kitten wheelhouse. It was her top 2010s moment for me, though I'm wondering if people voted "Till the World Ends" higher.

Can't remember where else you said this where I agreed with you. Really surprised this is the one that caught the most love from the GP from Born This Way (I mean the lead was a #1, but it was seriously front-loaded and sank pretty quickly after it's #1 run. I think The Edge of Glory actually spent more weeks in the top ten.)
                                      Pretty sure it was my poorly paced decade-end countdown where I said the same thing.

I had heard the lyrics were about her father, and thought damn, that's so dark. But I couldn't find any evidence for that, so I'm sure it's a myth.
                                      I actually never heard that rumour!

The original is a very 80s production - just so impressed with Kygo's update. When I heard he was doing it, I really thought it would be a throw-away. Ended up being my favorite release of last year.
                                      Yeah, I had zero confidence in Kygo, too, but he came through!
                                      Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [10-8]

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post
                                        Kiss it better is a masterpiece too, a song that deserved so much more, sadly trashy Work got all the success. Kiss it better was the huge highlight on one of Rihanna's weakest albums.
                                        Even though I'm not crazy about Kiss It Better, I would have preferred it get the success Work did. Work is one of my least favorite things RiRi has ever done.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                          I almost got Petra Marklund in the top 100
                                          We almost did it! I love September & Petra Marklund. Both her Swedish albums are divine.

I really enjoyed I Follow Rivers (both the original and remix). Almost voted for it. The video is one of my favourites.
                                          Hold It Against Me and Girl Gone Wild are two of Madonna and Brits' worst IMO. Pretty shocked they are so high.
                                          Surprised Carly Rae Jepsen is so high. Never heard of that track before.

Comment

• Interesting note: HotPotato is the first person to have had all their songs revealed. (if your money was on heppolo, you lost!). HotPotato's highest ranking song is Carly's Run Away With Me. He's one of only three voters who didn't vote for a song in the top ten.

---

CT: *Dedicates half of DWUW's write-up discussing the #MeToo perpetrators associated with the track*
                                            Me: *Shown as the song's highest-voter*

"Do What U Want" is brilliant dance-pop magic, and as much as I adore the Christina version, I have to say that the original with R. Kelly is still my favourite version of the song. It was my #2, which means I gently placed morals to the side in preparing my list.
                                            Some of these songs were a struggle to do a write-up for, so it was nice to be able to talk about the controversies on that one. I am DYING to know why it's so high on your list, but I assume it will show up in your countdown where you will go into more detail.

"Girl Gone Wild" is high! I think it's a good song, but I wish GMAYL got half as much love from the voters.
                                            It is high! There's only one Madonna song left, and it will be revealed tomorrow. I'm sure the people who voted for it know what it is, but they don't know yet if it bubbled under or is even higher than this one...

I was so obsessed with "Hold It Against Me" that I'm pretty sure my overplaying of it doused my passion for it. However, it still holds the record for most days atop my daily chart, I'm pretty sure I've watched its video more than any other music video, and I was elated when it debuted at #1. This is the perfect song for Britney. It had that dubstep sound to it, which was something fresh for pop radio at the time, and the lyrics are well within her sex kitten wheelhouse. It was her top 2010s moment for me, though I'm wondering if people voted "Till the World Ends" higher.
                                            All of Britney's songs have now been revealed. Hold It Against Me apparently was the top 2010s moments for her on the countdown as well. Til the World Ends got 4 voters, but they didn't combine for much and it appears at #269. Britney landed 8 songs on the entire countdown. She previously made the top 10 in the 90s and 00s countdowns.

Comment

• "Hold It Against Me" deserved so much more, rats.
                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The Vadge song will probably be Living for Gheys
                                                Originally posted by beredy
                                                When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                  The Vadge song will probably be Living for Gheys
                                                  Living For Love already charted. I Reckon the remaining one is God Control.

Have to do a bit of a catch up comment post, was busy the last few nights.
                                                  UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Some great tracks in the latest updates.

Work Bitch hasn't aged well but was fab at the time and the video is still epic. The armography. The sharks.

Last Friday Night is still cute, Black Magic is so so good, Get Outta My Way does suffer from a dreadful video treatment but has aged well, Wings is divine, Kiss It Better was the highlight of a bad album (along with Love On The Brain), Higher Love was easily one of the best tracks of last year and the remix is way better than the pedestrian original.

I Follow Rivers (remix) is cool, Girl Gone Wild almost got my votes, should have been a bigger hit, delicious video.

Do What U Want is hands down Gaga's best track and supersexy. And it has to be the R Kelly version - he even outshines Our Stef.

Run Away With Me may be my highest placing song, but although I do love it, it benefitted in my votes from being from a great album with superior tracks I couldn't vote for (the title track and the epic Making The Most Of The Night).

Shallow is boring, aimless trash and superannoying. Give me lazy but at least fun Stupid Love over that any day.

In celebration of my bowing out first, here is my Top 50:
                                                    50 POINTS - Solange - Losing You
                                                    49 POINTS - Jennifer Lopez - Ain't Your Mama
                                                    48 POINTS - Alexandra Stan - Lemonade
                                                    47 POINTS - Keri Hilson - Lose Control
                                                    46 POINTS - Rita Ora - Let Me Love You
                                                    45 POINTS - Ciara - Got Me Good
                                                    44 POINTS - Steps - Scared Of The Dark
                                                    43 POINTS - Little Mix - Black Magic
                                                    42 POINTS - Jennifer Lopez - Dance Again
                                                    41 POINTS - Lady Gaga & R Kelly - Do What U Want
                                                    40 POINTS - Little Mix - Power
                                                    39 POINTS - Madonna - Ghosttown
                                                    38 POINTS - The Saturdays - Disco Love
                                                    37 POINTS - Fleur East - More And More
                                                    36 POINTS - Aura Dione - Friends
                                                    35 POINTS - Michelle Williams feat Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland - Say Yes
                                                    34 POINTS - Hera Bjork - Je Ne Sais Quoi
                                                    33 POINTS - Louise - Stretch
                                                    32 POINTS - Ciara - Dance Like We're Making Love
                                                    31 POINTS - Little Mix & CNCO - Reggaeton Lento
                                                    30 POINTS - Kygo & Whitney Houston - Higher Love
                                                    29 POINTS - Alexandra Burke - Elephant
                                                    28 POINTS - The Saturdays - Notorious
                                                    27 POINTS - All Saints - Love Lasts Forever
                                                    26 POINTS - Getter Jaani - Rockerfeller Street
                                                    25 POINTS - Wolf Kati - What About My Dreams
                                                    24 POINTS - Jennifer Lopez - Papi
                                                    23 POINTS - Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop
                                                    22 POINTS - Scissor Sisters - Let's Have A Kiki
                                                    21 POINTS - Agnetha Faltskog & Gary Barlow - I Should Have Followed You Home
                                                    20 POINTS - Kesha - Blow
                                                    19 POINTS - Delta Goodrem feat Gizzle - Enough
                                                    18 POINTS - Katy Perry - Chained To The Rhythm
                                                    17 POINTS - Delta Goodrem - Dancing With A Broken Heart
                                                    16 POINTS - Kelly Rowland - Forever And A Day
                                                    15 POINTS - Mary J Blige - Mr Wrong
                                                    14 POINTS - The Saturdays - What About Us
                                                    13 POINTS - Rihanna - Man Down
                                                    12 POINTS - Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
                                                    11 POINTS - The Saturdays - Higher
                                                    10 POINTS - Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me
                                                    9 POINTS - Luann de Lesseps - Chic, C'est La Vie
                                                    8 POINTS - Katy Perry - Roar
                                                    7 POINTS - Amelia Lily - California
                                                    6 POINTS - Celine Dion - Breakaway
                                                    5 POINTS - Sabrina Washington - OMG
                                                    4 POINTS - Toni Braxton - Long As I Live
                                                    3 POINTS - Ciara - Overdose
                                                    2 POINTS - Mariah Carey - Angels Cry
                                                    1 POINT - Britney Spears - Til The World Ends

Hot Potato out.

This ain't gon be easy

Comment

Working...
                                                    X