No announcement yet.

Top Female-Led Singles Countdown - 2010s - COMPLETED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "All About That Bass" is a great, body-positive anthem. "With You" is one of MC's best ballads.

"California Gurls" was a cute west coast response to "Empire State of Mind", though I think the latter is far superior. "Lights" took about six years to grow on me, but I love it now!

"Cheap Thrills" is a simple, fun pop jam, but sometimes those ones can do wonders! "E.T." is one of the best pop songs ever. I think both versions - the solo Katy one and the Kanye remix - are epic.

"Summertime Sadness" is divine. I think it became my favourite Born to Die song pretty early on.

"Thank U, Next" is pretty damn good - it's a very 'Ari' song. "Good for You" is one of Selena's best.

"Dance in the Dark" may have been the better single choice, but I still love "Alejandro". Other than choosing "Teeth", there wasn't room for a bad single choice from that EP.

"Call Me Maybe" is cute. I remember really loving the end of that video. Didn't know the male actor was such a douche, though.

"Born This Way" is an anthem and a gift. Love it!

Interesting that "Blank Space" is so high! Conversely, I'm pleasantly surprised that "Royals" made it so far! It was a powerful first impression from Lorde.

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    I kind of like the lack of vocal moment - I think she needs songs like that in her repertoire - I passed it over then, but it seems kind of a nice, breezy summer vibe now.
    She has lots of songs without the fancy vocal flourishes, but I guess the "#Beautiful" melody doesn't really draw me in. It's not a bad song, though, and I was pleasantly surprised that the GP embraced it so warmly.
    Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [#1]

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
      "All About That Bass" is a great, body-positive anthem.
      How is it body-positive when it shames skinny people? "Tell all them skinny bitches that". Dreadful song.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        "California Gurls" was a cute west coast response to "Empire State of Mind", though I think the latter is far superior. "Lights" took about six years to grow on me, but I love it now!
        I prefer Empire also - definitely themore realistic of the two as well - Toxic was like that for me! - It was years and I only started listening to again because I randomly added it to my Halloween playlist a few years after it came out.

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        "Cheap Thrills" is a simple, fun pop jam, but sometimes those ones can do wonders!
        It's so true. Some songs are perfect for escapism!

"Dance in the Dark" may have been the better single choice, but I still love "Alejandro". Other than choosing "Teeth", there wasn't room for a bad single choice from that EP.
        On my personal chart, I just decided to do my own "release" schedule. So in November of 2009 Alejandro charted before Bad Romance showed up in January - isn't that nuts? Dance on the Dark was the final "release"

"Call Me Maybe" is cute. I remember really loving the end of that video. Didn't know the male actor was such a douche, though.
        I didn't either! I was really disappointed when I read that. Apparently, he's tried to have his own music career as a rapper or something. I mean, truly, giving his number to the guy is the better ending, but that it came from homophobia sucks.

"Born This Way" is an anthem and a gift. Love it!

Interesting that "Blank Space" is so high!
        Taylor ended up having fifteen songs on the countdown and that is her highest one. I would it and Lover were my favorite singles from her this past decade.

She has lots of songs without the fancy vocal flourishes, but I guess the "#Beautiful" melody doesn't really draw me in. It's not a bad song, though, and I was pleasantly surprised that the GP embraced it so warmly.
        tbh, I don't listen to Mimi well enough to know her discography, so maybe that's why #B stands out to me.

Comment

• Celine, Whitney, Mariah, Madonna, Janet... all women who have had three decade careers, but there's another who has lasted just as long and appears higher on this countdown than any of them - she's in the next set, along with someone who has back-to-back singles in the top 20.

Comment

• Comment

• ​​​​​​​

Comment

• ​​​​​​​

Comment

• ​​​​​​​

Comment

• ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Three very safe songs in a row that, apparently, seem to be very popular on here!
                      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                      and everything you stand for?
                      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                      just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• To think Kylie will outdo Celine, Whitney, Mariah, Madonna, Janet in UKmix countdown, it kinda surprised actually . And if im not mistaken, Kylie was in Top20 for all 3 decades countdown. I think All The Lovers did better than expected commercially but, I honestly think it would be a bigger hit if Parlophone actually handle it well. The song is so sweet and I like retro 8bit/16bit sound before the final chorus

Just Give Me A Reason is one of P!nk best song. It was a duet done well and deserved all the success.

I initially hated Love Me Like You Do. I thought it was way too generic for Ellie. But listening to that song everyday while driving to work made me like it eventually.

Now with Top15 left, I kinda think Adele will be rolling herself to the top

Comment

• Did I miss Alecia’s Try?
                          Originally posted by beredy
                          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Impressive to see "God Is A Woman" / "Breathin" back to back in the Top20 when they were also released back to back - impressive! The former made my list as well, while the latter didn't due to the three-song-rule.

"Just Give Me A Reason" and "All The Lovers" are two good songs, but both were not even close to making my list.

Meanwhile, I love Ellie, but it's sad to see this being so high for her. It's among her worst songs ever IMO (and I'm saying that when it actually grew a lot on me over the years - I absolutely hated it back in the days )

So I lost the following one:

24 POINTS - Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#20)

Which means there are still six songs left from my list, including my #2, #3 and #4!

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                              Three very safe songs in a row that, apparently, seem to be very popular on here!
                              I'm not sure which three you mean? Though Ellie's song was my final addition to my list. She bumped off S&M. My bottom two I didn't think would get very many votes, so I put Ellie ahead of them.

Originally posted by Spiral View Post
                              To think Kylie will outdo Celine, Whitney, Mariah, Madonna, Janet in UKmix countdown, it kinda surprised actually . And if im not mistaken, Kylie was in Top20 for all 3 decades countdown.
                              Yes, Kylie was the only to make all three countdowns. I wonder if she'd fare as high if I did an 80s countdown.

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                              Did I miss Alecia’s Try?
                              Maybe. Maybe not.

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                              Impressive to see "God Is A Woman" / "Breathin" back to back in the Top20 when they were also released back to back - impressive! The former made my list as well, while the latter didn't due to the three-song-rule..
                              Ariana would probably have had six songs on my list were it not for the rule Too bad thank u, next just missed the cut because I definitely would have voted for it.

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                              Which means there are still six songs left from my list, including my #2, #3 and #4!
                              Yes, they are still yet to come - one of those will be in tomorrow's update though...

Comment

• Breathin is nice overall, the rest not so much.
                                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• California Gurls is such a dull song. Sure I enjoyed it - I think it's in my all-time Top 100 most-listened songs- but I wouldn't have vote for it in retrospective, having so many better singles from Katy. It's also forgettable and not-iconic unlike lot of her discography.

I'm still shocked Lights flopped in Ellie's mainland. But I think I may have UK taste since I don't find it particularly great. I voted for 3 other Ellie tracks, but Lights was nowhere near of making it to the cut.

Cheap thrills... I won't say much in respect of the host lol

​​​​E.T. is amazing. Sadly I didn't vote for it because I liked other Katy tracks more.

I should have voted for Summertime Sadness if I really wanted my fave at the top 20 - but I also gave my vote to other three Lana tracks (two of which are already out u.U).

Comment

• Alejandro is a great song. I wonder if Dance in the Dark (a song I prefer) would have been even bigger. Both should have been released as singles regardless - same as "Monster".

Call Me Maybe is cute and that's it.

I don't really like BTW because it sounds like a Madonna song but I love its message and music video so I give it props for it.

Blank Space is one of the few Taylor songs I tolerate. But let me say it sounds more like a Lorde song than a Taylor song.

Royals is epic and I LOVE its bashing to the disgusting hip-hop culture. I didn't know she tried to come for Lana though, considering she's like a teen version of her with different lyrics themes.

Comment

• Finally caught up and so happy to see so many of my favourite songs rank high up even though they didn't make the cut in my votes.

The list of Rihanna songs so far just highlights the many gems in her career - how do you even begin to whittle that down to 3 songs?

So here's my tick sheet - got 13 songs left to go so intrigued to see where they rank overall. I'm gonna predict my #46 and #48 are going to be in the top 10.

50 pts =
                                      49 pts =
                                      48 pts = Kylie Minogue - All The Lovers
                                      47 pts = Ariana Grande - breathin
                                      46 pts = Kygo & Whitney Houston - Higher Love
                                      45 pts =
                                      44 pts = Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World)
                                      43 pts = Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
                                      42 pts =
                                      41 pts = Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
                                      40 pts = Rita Ora - Anywhere
                                      39 pts = Little Mix - Black Magic
                                      38 pts = Kylie Minogue - Dancing
                                      37 pts =
                                      36 pts = Florence & The Machine - Spectrum (Calvin Harris Remix)
                                      35 pts =
                                      34 pts = Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
                                      33 pts = Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do
                                      32 pts = Jess Glynne - Hold My Hand
                                      31 pts = LP - Lost On You
                                      30 pts = Sia feat. Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
                                      29 pts = Loreen - Euphoria
                                      28 pts = Katy Perry - Roar
                                      27 pts = Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull - On The Floor
                                      26 pts =
                                      25 pts = MØ - Final Song
                                      24 pts = Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness
                                      23 pts = Ella Henderson - Ghost
                                      22 pts = Little Mix - Touch
                                      21 pts = Madonna - Ghosttown
                                      20 pts = Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow
                                      19 pts = Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm
                                      18 pts = Little Mix - Shout Out To My Ex
                                      17 pts = Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now
                                      16 pts = Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX - I Love It
                                      15 pts = P!nk - What About Us
                                      14 pts =
                                      13 pts =
                                      12 pts =
                                      11 pts = Leona Lewis - One More Sleep
                                      10 pts = Jessie J feat. B.o.B. - Price Tag
                                      9 pts =
                                      8 pts = Britney Spears - I Wanna Go
                                      7 pts = Lizzo - Juice
                                      6 pts = Hailee Steinfeld & Grey feat. Zedd - Starving
                                      5 pts =
                                      4 pts = Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass
                                      3 pts =
                                      2 pts = Sigrid - Strangers
                                      1 pts = Starley - Call On Me (Ryan Riback Remix)

Comment

• Umh... God is a woman and breathin' DO NOT deserve a Top 100 position, let alone Top 20 wtf.

JGMAR is a great song, although I didn't vote for it, it deserves its placement.

All the Lovers is a little high but I enjoy it. Finally one of UKMix's mummy divas has a deserving high placement.

Love Me Like You Do may be Ellie's best song and one of the greatest songs of its kind, deserved.

Comment

• God Is A Woman was the song the got me interested in Ariana's music. now I pay attention and I love many of her songs, however I chose only 1 Ari song (7 rings) at the end..

Royals by Lorde is amazing!!

overall, in the past 2 sets I lost 4 songs. still to come are my top 3, #6 & #11. wait.. was Dua Lipa "One Kiss" been listed already??

#mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by HC55555 View Post
                                            Cheap thrills... I won't say much in respect of the host lol
                                            I'm sure you meant to say how flawless it is.
                                            Otherwise,

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                            So here's my tick sheet - got 13 songs left to go so intrigued to see where they rank overall. I'm gonna predict my #46 and #48 are going to be in the top 10.
                                            I think it was yesterday or the day before I mentioned that we had one voter who had 17 of the top 20 songs - and that was YOU. So you probably have a good idea of what songs are left in the countdown. In fact, I'll go even further to say that you voted for all the songs in the top 12! No one else voted for the entire top ten, but there is one person who voted for the entire top five.

Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                                            overall, in the past 2 sets I lost 4 songs. still to come are my top 3, #6 & #11. wait.. was Dua Lipa "One Kiss" been listed already??
                                            Yes, you and CZB combined to give it 43 points. It was at #280 or so.

Comment

• forgot about it. thanx cheapthrills
                                              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Wow, some really non-event songs in the last 10.

All in all, certain acts have really benefitted from having recent success/exposure - Ariana and Selena Gomez have numerous tracks not really deserving of a top 100 placing...and Gaga has obviously been helped by A Star Is Born, but at least her classics are classics.

If snorefest Someone Like You wins this I am officially done.

This ain't gon be easy

Comment

• I doubt that Adele got big points by many people, but she surely profited from many people throwing a few points at her. I could imagine my No. 1 being No. 1 in this countdown actually. Or maybe 'Formation' by Beyoncé - it seems to be very popular on here...
                                                  Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                                  and everything you stand for?
                                                  Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                                  just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Wow, this is the best set yet!

"God Is a Woman" is an anthem for the ages! I've said before it was Ari's "Umbrella"/"Like a Prayer" moment. It was easily the best thing she'd done...

...and then "Breathin" came along! For me, it's one of the most comforting songs ever.

"Just Give Me a Reason" is much higher than I expected! Is it P!nk's highest? I don't really like it that much and consider it rather mediocre by her standards.

I'm happy to see "All the Lovers" so high. The video is great, and the song is just this breezy, beautiful slice of pop magic.

"Love Me Like You Do" was a very easy song to enjoy. Again, I didn't expect to see it so high, but this one is a pleasant surprise.

Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
                                                    How is it body-positive when it shames skinny people? "Tell all them skinny bitches that". Dreadful song.
                                                    Fair point, but I give it kudos for celebrating a body type that is oftentimes not celebrated. I will say that Meghan did sing, I'm only playing after that lyric you quoted, though.

I prefer Empire also - definitely themore realistic of the two as well - Toxic was like that for me! - It was years and I only started listening to again because I randomly added it to my Halloween playlist a few years after it came out.
                                                    "Toxic" took ages to grow on me, too!

It's so true. Some songs are perfect for escapism!
                                                    Indeed!

Taylor ended up having fifteen songs on the countdown and that is her highest one. I would it and Lover were my favorite singles from her this past decade.
                                                    I definitely would have expected "I Knew You Were Trouble" to be Taylor's top track. That was the one that seemed to win over most of UKMix when it came out.

tbh, I don't listen to Mimi well enough to know her discography, so maybe that's why #B stands out to me.
                                                    If you like her softer tone and gentle melodies, I definitely think Charmbracelet is a good album for you to explore.
                                                    Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [#1]

Comment

Working...
                                                    X