No announcement yet.

Top Female-Led Singles Countdown - 2010s - COMPLETED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I've missed alot! Thanks cheapthrills for helping me out!

Comment

• Wow at Diamonds not making the Top 10!
      trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
      trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Try was easily Pink’s best song of the ‘10s.

I thot WFL was a strong contender for #1 too, now we have to settle for Adull. AND DEL SNORE IS STILL TO COME!

Diamonds is probably Rih’s most overrated single, the melody is boring AF and goes absolutely nowhere.
        Originally posted by beredy
        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• "Try" and "We Found Love" are SO overplayed. I still love "Diamonds" though.
          Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I love Dance Rihanna but I despise We Found Love and I was annoyed by Diamonds.

I voted for Try but thinking it back, I don't know why I give it 16pts. I always thought it was decent enough and love Blow Me (One Last Kiss) more and I didn't even vote for the latter
            Last edited by Spiral; Thu March 12, 2020, 16:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by trebor View Post
              Wow at Diamonds not making the Top 10!
              Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
              I thot WFL was a strong contender for #1 too, now we have to settle for Adull. AND DEL SNORE IS STILL TO COME!
              Originally posted by Spiral View Post
              I love Dance Rihanna but I despise We Found Love and I was annoyed by Diamonds.
              I think Rih was a victim of her own success - there was just too much Rihanna to go around this past decade (until she decided she'd become a salesman instead anyhow) 20 songs on the list total and 8 of them in the top 100. That's the most of any artist in any of the three countdowns. i can only imagine how it might have been without the three per limit.

Despite the Sia association, I'm not a fan of Rihanna's voice in that song. We Found Love is a song though. It didn't get any votes until the 10th person, abi, voted for it. It ends up being abi's highest song on this countdown.

Rihanna made the top ten with G$'s vote, just pushing it ahead of Diamonds.

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
              Try was easily Pink’s best song of the ‘10s.
              Originally posted by Spiral View Post
              I voted for Try but thinking it back, I don't know why I give it 16pts. I always thought it was decent enough and love Blow Me (One Last Kiss) more and I didn't even vote for the latter
              I don't think I voted for any Pink songs, but that Truth About Love album is terrific. Now that she's in her 40s, I wonder if Pink will ever make the top ten in the US again.

Comment

• F***... I forgot We Found Love, it's my favourite song by Rihanna. I would have voted for it instead of What's my Name which I gave 10 points or even Where have you been which I gave 34 points... Such a pity

Comment

• I love Try so i'm delighted it's done incredibly well to finish 12th here. It was literally just outside my top 50 when i did my final votes and i really wanted to give points to songs below my top 50. Well done guys, this was my favourite single from The truth about love and that music video remains amazing. <3

Wow at Rihanna getting #11 and #10 as her highest entries after all that domination. As for We found love, what an anthem. Yes, it's overplayed but there's a reason why people play it all the time. I wasn't here back then but it really was the only track i really cared about in those final few months of 2011. Had i been doing a chart back then, it probably would've gone past 10+ weeks at #1.

Comment

• We found love is great.
                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• "Try" is great. I love it significantly more now than I did in 2012.

"Diamonds" is epic. I'm fairly sure I've played it more than any other song and I never tire of hearing it. It may be her best song ever.

"We Found Love" being Rihanna's highest-ranking song is certainly unsurprising, but that doesn't make me any less disappointed to see it. It's great that so many people love it, but I've long thought it to be rather empty.

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                      Like Do What U Want, I'm looking forward to you expanding on your interest in it. The whole time i did my write-up, I was like, what is Akini going to say about this? Drunk In Love was Bey's most successful song on my personal chart this past decade (even though I admire Formation).
                      It was clumsy voting in this having not started my decade-end countdown and it's been an exercise in restraint commenting on the tracks here, too.
                      Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2020: [Starting 12/1]
                      Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2020: [Starting 12/16]
                      Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2020: [Starting 12/24]

Comment

• I know what you're talking about, JSparksFan. 'We Found Love's focus is on the production, so the vocal performance is rather simple: The chorus is basically a line repeated 4 times, the verses follow the same melody without any melodical twist or something. I don't dislike the song, but I'm not a fan of it either.
                        Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                        and everything you stand for?
                        Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                        just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Try had a few moments musically that reminded me a little bit of Sober. You can hear Rihanna taking on a little bit of Sia's style on Diamonds, the video has some beautiful artsy shots. I voted We Found Love, its a simplistically structured song yes but it's anthemic and gets you dancing along.

As to the Top 9 I definitely know what three of them are, I have an inkling another 3 are all Adele big hits, What could the remaining 3 be? hmmm something random like Tori Kelly - Should've Been Us? Haha (was listening to it the other night).
                          UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                            I love Try so i'm delighted it's done incredibly well to finish 12th here. It was literally just outside my top 50 when i did my final votes and i really wanted to give points to songs below my top 50. Well done guys, this was my favourite single from The truth about love and that music video remains amazing. <3
                            My favorite is still Just Give Me a Reason (actually, I liked her True Love duet too, but no one remembers that one.), but the Try video is really incredible.

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                            "We Found Love" being Rihanna's highest-ranking song is certainly unsurprising, but that doesn't make me any less disappointed to see it. It's great that so many people love it, but I've long thought it to be rather empty.
                            Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                            I know what you're talking about, JSparksFan. 'We Found Love's focus is on the production, so the vocal performance is rather simple: The chorus is basically a line repeated 4 times, the verses follow the same melody without any melodical twist or something. I don't dislike the song, but I'm not a fan of it either.
                            I remember singing along with this in the car and realizing oh, there's actually not much in the way of lyrics here... or singing You would have thought that was the song that took fourteen minutes to write. Still love the song though.

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                            It was clumsy voting in this having not started my decade-end countdown and it's been an exercise in restraint commenting on the tracks here, too.
                            It did feel a little spoiler-ish, haha, but staying quiet about the reasons still keeps my curiosity up

Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                            As to the Top 9 I definitely know what three of them are, I have an inkling another 3 are all Adele big hits, What could the remaining 3 be? hmmm something random like Tori Kelly - Should've Been Us? Haha (was listening to it the other night).
                            Well, maybe not entirely random, but the next post has someone who didn't appeared in the rest of the top 150 at all!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Wow at Kelly making the TOP 10. I didn't click with Stronger but glad to see her high. Yaaaas to Lana making the Top 10. And NR was a no brainer.
                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Yesss at Stronger and New Rulz in the top 10!!! always loved those songs, from 1st listen.
                                      Totally forgot about Try - easily one of Pink's best & could've been in my top 15.
                                      I also slept on Drunk in Love.. didn't get it, now I like it.

3 songs left from my list..
                                      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• At least we got Del Snore out of the way now.

Stronger is cute but I didn’t expect top 10 for it! It’s hella generic but in a good way.

New Rules is way too high tbh.

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• I wanted to see Lana in top 5
                                          Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                          My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                          Forever and always!

Comment

• Goldmoney Stronger is generic & it slays! the video though is sooo bad, I should never watch it again.
                                            + Kelly is a die hard lamb so that helps
                                            Last edited by Tomer_MC; Fri March 13, 2020, 14:56.
                                            #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• "New Rules" was generic as hell but one of the better songs on Dua's debut.

"Stronger" and "Born to Die" are both masterpieces.
                                              Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• New Rules is Duas worst song. Stronger is ok. Born to die very boring.

I am afraid of the top 5, there will be all these lame Adele songs
                                                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Why does everyone expect Adele all over the top? I don't have a feeling she has that many huuuge fans here to give her big points. Or am I wrong?
                                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• OH WAIT I FORGOT ABOUT VIDEO GAMES WTF

Comment

Working...
                                                    X