No announcement yet.

Top Female-Led Singles Countdown - 2010s - COMPLETED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Diamonds" is EVERYTHING! One of my favorite songs ever and now that I think about it I really should've put it at #1. It was on repeat on my playlist 24/7 for a few years. I can't believe it's not in the top 5. Amazing. Masterpiece. Beautiful. Classic. etc etc etc. The video is gorgeous as well and I still remember her X-Factor performance of this song, she killed it!

"We Found Love" is also everything! Every single line of the song is so damn catchy. An anthem.

"Try" is one of my least favorite P!nk singles. Can't believe that many people like it.

I really can't stand "Stronger". I thought it was really annoying.

Comment

• Born to Die is boring. She has a lot of fans in this forum so not a shock to see her this high.
      Stronger is very generic but I like the lyric a lot
      New Rules is just generic. I will leave it at that

My prediction
      1.Adele
      2.Sia
      3.Adele

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
        Why does everyone expect Adele all over the top? I don't have a feeling she has that many huuuge fans here to give her big points. Or am I wrong?
        Im not her fan but I listed one of her song in my top20. I mean, nobody can deny how powerful Rolling In The Mud Deep and Someone Like Trump You are in the last decade. I assume she has a lot of people voting for her. if she can get 20pts from 20 people, she would have 400pts

Comment

• My list so far:
          [...]
          2. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left to Cry
          3. Dua Lipa - Be The One
          4. Katie Melua - The Flood
          5. Beyoncé - Drunk In Love
          6. Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers
          7. Rumer - Dangerous
          8. Taylor Swift - Style
          9. Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me
          10. Conchita Wurst - Rise Like a Phoenix
          11. Shakira - Loca
          12. Miranda Lambert - The House That Built Me
          [...]
          14. The Band Perry - If I Die Young
          15. Janelle Monae - QUEEN
          16. Lana del Rey - Summertime Sadness
          17. Caro Emerald - A Night Like This
          18. Lana del Rey - West Coast
          [...]
          20. Marina & The Diamonds - Power & Control
          21. Oonagh - Gäa
          22. Nolwenn Leroy - Moonlight Shadow
          23. Miley Cyrus - Younger Now
          24. Marina & The Diamonds - Primadonna
          25. Sweet California - This is The Life
          26. Indila - Derniere danse
          27. Sia - Cheap Thrills
          [...]
          29. Taylor Swift - Blank Space
          30. Caro Emerald - Stuck
          31. Lizzo - Juice
          32. Melanie Fiona - 4 AM
          33. Camilla Cabello - Havanna
          34. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
          35. Vanessa Mai - Regenbogen
          36. Madeline Juno - Stupid Girl
          37. Beyoncé - Formation
          38. Dua Lipa - No Rules
          39. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
          40. Katy Perry - Last Friday Night
          41. Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
          42. Janelle Monae - Cold War
          43. Rumer - Slow
          44. Meghan Trainor - No
          45. Imany - Don't Be So Shy
          46. Celine Dion - Loved Me Back to Life
          47. Aneta Sablik - The One
          48. Jain - Come
          49. Monrose - This Is Me
          50. Kacey Musgraves - Follow Your Arrow

'Born to Die' would've got a vote for me, hadn't it been for the 3-song rule. It's a solid 9/10 for me. Wouldn't have expected Kelly Clarkson's 'Stronger' to end that high.

@cheapthrills: There are 6 songs missing in the countdown and 6 gaps on my list, yet it's likely that both of Adele's big hits made the top 6 (and I only had one on my list). Could you tell me which song I didn't reveal of mine?
          Last edited by theMathematician; Fri March 13, 2020, 17:02.
          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
          and everything you stand for?
          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
          just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
            There are 6 songs missing in the countdown and 6 gaps on my list, yet it's likely that both of Adele's big hits made the top 6 (and I only had one on my list). Could you tell me which song I didn't reveal of mine?
            Your #11 (Loca - Shakira) ended up at #130.
            You were the only voter for your #12. (Miranda Lambert) - she's in the #340 range.

Comment

• Thanks, cheapthrills !

Comment

• Try is great, good position for it.

Diamonds is a good song. I also think it's slightly overrated, but good nonetheless.

We Found Love is a deserving top Riri song. Poor Nicole not recording it

Born To Die is TOP 5 material, but I'm glad y'all consider it.

Stronger is great

New Rules is dope but decade's #7 best song? That's ridiculous

Comment

• Lost the following ones since entering the Top15:

49 POINTS - Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#13)
                  36 POINTS - Lana Del Rey - Born To Die (#9)
                  17 POINTS - Rihanna - Diamonds (#11)
                  16 POINTS - Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris - We Found Love (#10)

"No Tears" is a Pop gem. Back when this came out I was craving for a strong Pop song and I didn't expect Ariana to deliver even more than that. But "No Tears" already sounded epic the first time I heard it and I'm so happy it stayed like that ever since. Yes at it making it to the lucky #13 and I love how the title is written upside down

"Born To Die" was my favorite Lana song at some point. I'm actually surprised it wasn't higher on my list.

Yes at Rihanna having her entries back-to-back and me also voting them back-to-back, though "Diamonds" was slightly better in my ears. Both are strong tunes and among her finest in her discography.

Comment

• That Lana placing Top 10 is a bit of a surprise. I remember discovering her and listening to Born To Die just as the album was about to be released in Jan 2012.

As is Kelly, I knew we hadn't seen Stronger yet but I was starting to think maybe it wasn't voted (like Shake it off was missed probably due to the 3 song rule). Lyrically it was a bit of the usual empowerment after a break up fare in line with the 'Since U Been Gone' style, catchy. Were you talking about Kelly not appearing in Top 150? IIRC I thought I saw a graphic for her back there. Was it 'Dark Side'? or was that below 150?

aaaand wrapping this set speaking of breakup tracks, another of my votes, Dua's New Rules, It stalled at #2 here chartwise, which looks to be repeating with Don't Start Now, as I write this she can't seem to breakthrough behind Dance Monkey and now Blinding Lights. Still a great achievement though. Its a list song (think Marina's How to Be a Heartbreaker etc.) and had a bit of Trop pop happening.

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                    Why does everyone expect Adele all over the top? I don't have a feeling she has that many huuuge fans here to give her big points. Or am I wrong?
                    Well I think she has 3 big songs left to come RITD, Hello and Someone Like You, unless theres another situation like Taylor's Shake it Off and nobody included one of them. Or the opposite, most of the votes for Adele may have voted the same, for all 3.
                    UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• I bet everyone gave Adele's songs like 20 points, resulting in them ending that high. It's definitely a big mistery though ;) .

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                        OH WAIT I FORGOT ABOUT VIDEO GAMES WTF

Originally posted by Spiral View Post
                        My prediction
                        1.Adele
                        2.Sia
                        3.Adele
                        Hmmm... interesting predictions from you and G$

Im not her fan but I listed one of her song in my top20. I mean, nobody can deny how powerful Rolling In The Mud Deep and Someone Like Trump You are in the last decade. I assume she has a lot of people voting for her. if she can get 20pts from 20 people, she would have 400pts
                        Wait, is Adele a Trump supporter? I will say that the top 4 songs each earned at least 400 points!

Originally posted by HC55555 View Post
                        We Found Love is a deserving top Riri song. Poor Nicole not recording it
                        Yeah, she could have crushed it. I think it would have been huge for her as well. Leona Lewis - I don't think so much.

Originally posted by HC55555 View Post
                        New Rules is dope but decade's #7 best song? That's ridiculous
                        There's a reason I'm glad it made the top ten, but won't share why until this is done.

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                        "No Tears" is a Pop gem. Back when this came out I was craving for a strong Pop song and I didn't expect Ariana to deliver even more than that. But "No Tears" already sounded epic the first time I heard it and I'm so happy it stayed like that ever since. Yes at it making it to the lucky #13 and I love how the title is written upside down
                        No Tears was one of my three Ari picks too. It was a hard choice though because I really like Into You as well as far as her dance bops, but I wanted to respect problem as the song that made me love Ari in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                          That Lana placing Top 10 is a bit of a surprise. I remember discovering her and listening to Born To Die just as the album was about to be released in Jan 2012.
                          I was surprised as well!

Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                          As is Kelly, I knew we hadn't seen Stronger yet but I was starting to think maybe it wasn't voted (like Shake it off was missed probably due to the 3 song rule). Lyrically it was a bit of the usual empowerment after a break up fare in line with the 'Since U Been Gone' style, catchy. Were you talking about Kelly not appearing in Top 150? IIRC I thought I saw a graphic for her back there. Was it 'Dark Side'? or was that below 150?
                          I was talking about the graphics yes - her highest song besides Stronger is Love So Soft at #175. So no graphic for Kelly except at #8! Dark Side was FreakyFlyBry's #1 song, but he was the only voter for it.

Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                          Dua's New Rules, It stalled at #2 here chartwise, which looks to be repeating with Don't Start Now, as I write this she can't seem to breakthrough behind Dance Monkey and now Blinding Lights. Still a great achievement though. Its a list song (think Marina's How to Be a Heartbreaker etc.) and had a bit of Trop pop happening.
                          I think new Rules hit #6 in the US, but Don't Start now just hit the top 3, which is huge. Just glad Dua isn't a one hit wonder here.

----

Anyhow, about to post the second-to-last set, which should clear up a few questions. There were five people who voted for the entire top three, so it will just be a question of placement then.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Well seems like Adele has lots of fans here.
                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                    Wait, is Adele a Trump supporter? I will say that the top 4 songs each earned at least 400 points!
                                    Of course not. But he is one of the iconic figure of last decade. i mean, we all hate him as Mr.President

Not Adele lose 2 songs in the row.

So Sia and Adele in top3. Who is the other one? Does Sia got 2 songs in top3?

Comment

• One of my songs is still to come and it‘s not Adele or Sia. Are those two really still to come?

Comment

• "Hello" and "Video Games" - masterpieces

So Sia and Adele in top3. Who is the other one?
                                        Maybe Ariana or Taylor?
                                        Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                        My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                        Forever and always!

Comment

• Rolling in the Dull, Telephone by Gagz and King and Chandethrill?
                                          Originally posted by beredy
                                          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Since when it bacame uncool to like Adele? I guess that THAT kind of success does that, I mean it happened for me too with Ed Sheeran - I used to love his + album before he exploded like THAT and now I don't listen to him as much... is it that we love an underdog story and once it happens, we move on.. ?
                                            #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
                                              "Hello" and "Video Games" - masterpieces

Maybe Ariana or Taylor?
                                              Oh I now know exactly what it is... I wonder if I placed it high enough to take out the #1.

it one a few of us were asking about right at the beginning, and the video just had its 10th anniversary this week...
                                              UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Tomer_MC No, she’s always been dull. The overexposure just intensified that by 1,000.

Unlike Sheerat tho, I have nothing against her as a person.
                                                Originally posted by beredy
                                                When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Who wuld've thought... At least, we finally know how to handle 'Adele is overrated' comments on here since UKMIxers love her just as much as everyone else out there.

So my No. 1, No. 19 and No. 28 songs are still missing. Which song had which placement on my list - what do you think?

Comment

• "Someone Like You" is cute. The others are zzzz.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X