Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Wellllll

I'm not sure this extension has done much good.

Only received one more vote so far from HC55555.
    Wellllll

You just answered yourself. If the extension resulted in this countdown getting my vote, it totally paid off lol

Comment

If you can vote for ten 2019 songs, you can come up with at least 20 for the decade
      Maybe for a like.

Tbh, I barely ever listen to music from this decade so I’m not as motivated as I was for GOAT’s decade. I’ll try to scrunch something up before the deadline tho.
      Originally posted by beredy
      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

I'm almost done... just haggling over making some brutal cuts for a bit of strategy/spreading out over the decade/different styles more.
        UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Wellllll

I'm not sure this extension has done much good.

Only received one more vote so far from HC55555. And I guess, aRat, but the rules were so flagrantly violated, I'm not sure it's usable

Still, I think we are at 28 or 29 voters. We had 34 voters last time when my promo game was stronger, so it's not a bad turnout so far.

Trying to get Wayne to do a header to remind people the deadline is Monday. I'm accepting ideas on how to bribe him. (What if I rig it to make Celine #1 on this countdown, Wayne?)

Have entered about a third of the votes right now, and already seeing some contenders for the top 10. There's three songs in particular that I'm stunned have made hardly any impact so far.
          Well gurl did you expect me to read the rules or...
          COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

So, I have tallied most of the votes, with the exception of two entries by JeremySpears and aRat where the same artist was entered more than three times, so I'm seeing if they want to replace any songs and in one of those cases, get it up to 20 songs.

Two of the people I thought voted have not yet - dylonj and SilentDream - so right now we have less votes than I thought, which is 24 - heavy sigh

Here are the voters we actually have right now:

abi
            CandyPerfumeBoy
            cheapthrills
            CZB
            DevilPray

DNK
            Erotica
            FreakyFlyBry
            GaGarazzi
            HC55555
            ​​​​​​​heppolo

JakeP
            JSparksFan
            Leo
            Lemo

luckyONE
            MrLeonix

theMathematician
            RayRay

RedSimba
            Spiral
            Tansike
            taverner
            Tomer_MC

Comment

I’ll try to do this on Monday the latest!

Comment

not sure if i'm gonna make it
                too much for researching and so little time

Comment

It's interesting that female artists are talked about on this forum all the time, but when there's a chance to take part in a countdown that focuses on female artists, many users refuse to take part in it. I hope that there are still people willing to do so as you put a lot of work into it, cheapthrills .
                  Don't need hindsight
                  I'll make my emotions clear
                  And then disappear
                  With one strike
                  (All Saints)

Comment

Voted.
                    trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                    trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Originally posted by navi View Post
                      not sure if i'm gonna make it
                      too much for researching and so little time
                      It's a 20 song minimum, so hopefully you still can.

Comment

• Thanks for the promo, Wayne

Have entered the votes from trebor and Jeremy, and the top 100 is shaping up! Some things that really surprised me.

While we have less voters right now (26) than the last countdown (34 voters), this is a much more diverse list. There are already over 700 songs that have been named! With that kind of diversity, it takes a lot less to enter the top 100 - songs that get high votes from just two voters can still make it there! At least for the time being...

Anyhow, by my count you've got about 54 hours to vote!

Comment

• ^ ^ Good to know. Considering this, it really was the best decision to limit it to 3 songs per artist and exclude album tracks; otherwhise, we would have 26*50=1,300 different songs on the list.
                          Don't need hindsight
                          And then disappear
                          With one strike
                          (All Saints)

Comment

• Finally done!!!!!! (as much as it can be, haha cant keep endlessly retweaking it).

There was stuff I couldn't fit it or cut for strategy (maybe others with prop up those songs). Happy enough with the list to send through, should be interesting (as always) to see how it pans out.

Also in previous post might as well give shout out to some NZ artists like Lorde and Kimbra etc.
                            Last edited by Affillate; Sun February 9th, 2020, 07:36.

Comment

• Some artists would've almost my top 50 and that includes Lorde. 'Yellow Flicker Beat' and 'Tennis Court' are somewhere in the bubbling under part of my list. Gin Wigmore's 'Hey Ho' and Ginny Blackmore's 'Under My Feet' were songs under consideration that didn't make the cut.
                              Don't need hindsight
                              And then disappear
                              With one strike
                              (All Saints)

Comment

• This is hard! So many songs! I think I’m gonna get frustrated doing this.

Comment

• This is hard! So many songs! I think I’m gonna get frustrated doing this.

wait can I do female groups?

Comment

• dylonj : You can. But it either has to be an all-females group or at least with the lead singer(s) being female. So e.g. Lady Antebellum wouldn't pass because they have a male and a female lead vocalist.
                                    Don't need hindsight
                                    And then disappear
                                    With one strike
                                    (All Saints)

Comment

• Got it!

Comment

• Tonite sis
                                        Originally posted by beredy

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Sent!
                                          This ain't gon be easy

Comment

• 1. celine dion - "loved me back to life"
                                            2. celine dion (featuring ne-yo) - "incredible"
                                            3. celine dion - "imperfections"

Comment

• pink - "just like fire"
                                              pink - "what about us"
                                              pink - "try"
                                              Last edited by musiclovingcatgirl; Mon February 10th, 2020, 09:26.

Comment

• kelly clarkson - "stronger (what doesnt kill you)"
                                                kelly clarkson - "mr. know it all"
                                                kelly clarkson - "catch my breath"
                                                Last edited by musiclovingcatgirl; Mon February 10th, 2020, 09:26.

Comment

• carrie underwood - "see you again"
                                                  miranda lambert - "little red wagon"
                                                  lady antebellum - "need you now"

Comment

• ****, I just noticed the thread now and I'm on the bus... Let me try to come up with 20 leads at least.
                                                    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Voted. Supported a few Eurovision Kweens
                                                      Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• did some slight tweaking down the bottom few (even though its not much points) sent revised list cheapthrills last edit promise! Looking forward to this starting.

Comment

• Originally posted by musiclovingcatgirl View Post
                                                          lady antebellum - "need you now"
                                                          'Need You Now' is not eligible as the band has got a male and a female lead vocalist.
                                                          Don't need hindsight
                                                          And then disappear
                                                          With one strike
                                                          (All Saints)

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy

Comment

Working...
                                                            X