Top Female-Led Singles Countdown - 2010s - COMPLETED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    cheapthrills Sorry just haven’t had the time for this!
    Sorry, cheapthrills, same for me :( I don’t wanna come up with a spontaneous list, I’d really want to think my list through cuz I don’t wanna regret my votes afterwards. And I simply didn’t have the time for this and also won’t have it in the next few days, sorry :/ Please just proceed without me, but thanks for tagging me!

Comment

• I forgot to include No Doubt's 'Push & Shove' on my list, but maybe a user who has yet to vote likes the song enough to put it onto their list ;) .
      ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• Thanks to all of you for putting up with my promo the last couple weeks.

I have entered all the votes, and then went back through to see what mistakes I made

Hopefully caught them all as it did rejigger who made it into the top 100. I decided to count Rat and Mainshow even though they were below the requisite 20 votes since they submitted more than what most people on our forum did. That at least gives us 34 voters to match the 1990s countdown.

So now that I have entered the votes, a few notes:
        • With the last voter, we topped 800 songs total.
        • About 2/3 of the songs were submitted by only one voter.
        • 103 points were needed to make the top 100, which means at least three people had to vote for the song.
        • One song came close with two voters though - it ends up at #109.
        • With the last voter, the #1 song came from behind to take the top spot, winning by only five points.
        I'll start the countdown shortly - I'm going to try to go through the bottom half quickly as all but 28 of them are by single voters.

Right now, I'm going to take a break from the spreadsheet though as I'm sick to death of looking at it.

Comment

• So we start with all the songs that couldn't even manage to get double digits in points. That gets the first hundred or so songs. Surprisingly, this is the only time we'll see Halsey in the whole countdown. She got 7 points from G$ while the rest of us paid her dust.

Do we have any guesses on...
          • Who has the most songs in the countdown?
          • Who has the most songs in the top 100?
          Anyhow, let's kick this off - ties going forward are broken first by total number of voters, then highest vote, then alphabetical order by artist name.

#798 - #806 -1 POINT
          Artist Song Voter
          Ana Moura Tens Os Olhos De Deus heppolo
          Christina Aguilera Woohoo JSparksFan
          Katie Melua A Happy Place CZB
          Kelsea Ballerini I Hate Love Songs taverner
          Lykke Li No One Ever Loved Tomer_MC
          Madonna I Rise MrLeonix
          Meghan Trainor Me Too luckyONE
          Sigrid Strangers JakeP
          Whitney Houston & Jordin Sparks Celebrate RayRay
          #786 - #797 – 2 POINTS
          Artist Song Voter
          Adele Turning Tables Affillate
          Angele Je Veux Tes Yeux CZB
          Anna Calvi Don't Beat The Girl Out Of My Boy heppolo
          Billie Eilish when the party's over HC55555
          Carrie Underwood Cry Pretty Tomer_MC
          Glennis Grace Walk On Water RayRay
          Lauren Jauregui More Than That abi
          Monrose This Is Me theMathematician
          Nicole Scherzinger Wet Erotica
          Rebecca Levy Tell Your Girlfriend cheapthrills
          Starley Call On Me (Ryan Riback remix) JakeP
          Zendaya Replay RedSimba
          #775 - #785 – 3 POINTS
          Artist Song Voter
          Alex Lahey You Don't Think You Like People Like Me RedSimba
          Avril Lavigne Wish You Were Here MrLeonix
          Beabadoobee She Plays Bass heppolo
          Celine Dion Incredible FreakyFlyBry
          Hande Yener Sopa holler8888
          Jain Come theMathematician
          Leona Lewis with Calum Scott You Are The Reason RayRay
          Mariah Carey Angels Cry HotPotato
          Meghan Trainor Dear Future Husband CZB
          Tarja Innocence Tansike
          The Veronicas On Your Side Tomer_MC
          #764 - #774 – 4 POINTS
          Artist Song Voter
          Aneta Sablik The One theMathematician
          Caro Emerald Completely CZB
          Ellie Goulding I Know You Care HC55555
          Kyla LaGrange The Knife CandyPerfumeBoy
          Lily Allen Air Balloon trebor
          Mala Rodriguez No pidas perdón Holler888
          Nicki Minaj Bed Of Lies luckyONE
          Pink A Million Dreams RayRay
          PJ Harvey The Community of Hope Leo
          Sasha Sloan Runaway Tomer_MC
          Стасік Колискова heppolo
          #754 - #763 – 5 POINTS
          Artist Song Voter
          Anna Von Hausswolff Evocation heppolo
          Celine Dion Loved Me Back to Life theMathematician
          Javiera Mena La Joya Holler888
          JoJo When Love Hurts RayRay
          Katie Melua I Will Be There Katie Melua
          Kiesza No Enemiesz HC55555
          King Princess 1950 Tomer_MC
          Louise Lead Me On taverner
          Tank and the Bangas Spaceships RedSimba
          Within Temptation feat. Jacoby Shaddix The Reckoning Tansike
          #743 - #753 – 6 POINTS
          Artist Song Voter
          Carrie Underwood Good Girl Spiral
          Chaka Khan Hello Happiness RedSimba
          Common Linnets Calm After The Storm CZB
          Duffy Well Well Well Erotica
          Ella Henderson Yours Tomer_MC
          Emeli Sandé My Kind of Love RayRay
          G.R.L. Ugly Heart Affillate
          Janelle Monae Primetime (feat. Miguel) Abi
          Laura Marling Rambling Man Heppolo
          Sabrina Washington OMG HotPotato
          Sia Clap Your Hands Trebor
          #730 - #742 – 7 POINTS
          Artist Song Voter
          Bebe Rexha I'm A Mess luckyONE
          Celine Dion Breakaway HotPotato
          Fifth Harmony All In My Head (Flex) (feat. Fetty Wap) abi
          Halsey Without Me G$
          Jennifer Hudson I Still Love You RayRay
          Keira Knightley Lost Stars Leo
          Kelly Clarkson Underneath the Tree cheapthrills
          Lena Traffic Lights Tansike
          Marina & the Diamonds Happy CZB
          Michelle Branch Loud Music FreakyFlyBry
          Miranda Lambert Tin Man trebor
          Nicki Minaj Good Form JSparksFan
          Soko I Thought I Was An Alien heppolo
          #729 – 7 POINTS (2 VOTERS)
          Artist Song Voter
          Alma Dye My Hair luckyONE (5); trebor (2)
          #714 - #728 – 8 POINTS
          Artist Song Voter
          Amelia Lily California HotPotato
          Clean Bandit & Demi Lovato Solo HC55555
          Diana Vickers Once trebor
          Dua Lipa Blow Your Mind BratzJesuz
          Ellie Goulding Starry Eyed GaGarazzi
          Emeli Sande Breaking the Low Tomer_MC
          Emeli Sandé Clown luckyONE
          Hinds Warts heppolo
          Jessie J feat. 2 Chainz Burnin' Up Tansike
          Laura Mvula Overcome RedSimba
          Maren Morris My Church taverner
          Regina Spektor How CZB
          Rihanna Needed Me DNK
          Rumer Slow The Mathematician
          Taylor Swift Out Of The Woods CandyPerfumeBoy
          #703 - #713 – 9 POINTS
          Artist Song Voter
          All Saints One Strike BratzJesuz
          Andee Never Gone FreakyFlyBry
          Dua Lipa Homesick CZB
          Ella Mai Boo'd Up Leo
          Elle Varner I Only Wanna Give It To You RedSimba
          Ellie Goulding Figure 8 GaGarazzi
          Gabriella Cilmi On A Mission Tansike
          Jessica Mauboy Inescapable Spiral
          Namika Lieblingsmensch Erotica
          Paramore The Only Exception G$
          St Vincent New York Lemo
          #702 – 9 POINTS (2 VOTERS)
          Artist Song Voter
          Ciara Overdose Erotica (5); HotPotato (4)

Comment

• Wow, not cheapthrills exposing us like that.

I didn't know you're gonna do the whole ranking. You're doing a great job with the presentation, must be exhausting just by looking at it.

Comment

• Dat presentation tho.

That goes to show you how much of a non-factor Halsey is despite her success. WM was a low-key bop tho.
              Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
              All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Happy B' day, We beGOAT together <3

Comment

• Also, I don’t know if this is just me but why are all the posts of any individual topic on one page now? If the topic is over a certain amount of pages, it becomes inaccessible. (one of them being UKMIX Helpdesk which is why I didn't ask there)
                All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                  Also, why are all the posts of any individual topic on one page now? If the topic is over a certain amount of pages, it becomes inaccessible. (one of them being UKMIX Helpdesk which is why I didn't ask there)
                  Click the arrow next to your avatar on the top right of the page -> User settings -> Account (tab) -> Look for the Posts per Page section and choose how many posts you would like to be displayed on one page.

It was an issue for me too as well until I saw the announcement that they made about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post

Click the arrow next to your avatar on the top right of the page -> User settings -> Account (tab) -> Look for the Posts per Page section and choose how many posts you would like to be displayed on one page.

It was an issue for me too as well until I saw the announcement that they made about it.
                    Thanks, that worked. For some reason, I had no issues with the forum default until an hour and a half ago when it became a cluster out of the blue.

Comment

• Quite a few songs I like, but not enough to actually vote for:

Spoiler!

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                      So we start with all the songs that couldn't even manage to get double digits in points. That gets the first hundred or so songs. Surprisingly, this is the only time we'll see Halsey in the whole countdown. She got 7 points from G$ while the rest of us paid her dust.

Do we have any guesses on...[LIST][*]Who has the most songs in the countdown?[*]Who has the most songs in the top 100?
                      I'll go with Rihanna for both!
                      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [300-296]

Comment

Thanks, that worked. For some reason, I had no issues with the forum default until an hour and a half ago when it became a cluster out of the blue.
                        It happens when you change your settings. I should have warned you.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

It happens when you change your settings. I should have warned you.
                          I knew there must have been a correlation of sorts but didn’t bring it up because I have removed that name from my vocabulary.

Comment

• Oh Inescapable! what a Jam. I voted one other Jess Mauboy song. I had both Without Me and Boo'd Up in my shortlist as 2018 reps.

Lost Turning Tables (it was kinda a contempory to Someone Like You) and G.R.L.'s Ugly Heart, the long note before the final chorus kicks in is ace.

Side eye at You Are The Reason - pretty sure that was Leona added 'Perfect' style to the already released solo Calum Scott song was it not? Are they both equal billing on the duet version?

Also 'Solo' being eligible - I thought Clean Bandit would've been in the Guetta/Harris camp on featuring the singer side of things, Otherwise I might have considered ones like 'Rather Be' for Jess Glynne and 'Rockabye' for Anne Marie maybe.

As for artist with most entries/most Top 100, I'd say it could be between artists with most album eras (like Taylor/Rihanna had 4 during the '10's with some for Rihanna carrying over from Rated R into 2010) or with a lot of singles (The Teenage Dream + Confection era for Katy had 8 big songs, another 5 for Prism and so on). Could be artists popular with the voters/forum, although with the 3 song limit did a lot of us vote the same ones is the question.

Last edited by Affillate; Wed February 12th, 2020, 11:30.
                            UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Tagging voters to let them know this has begun:

TBH - A) I don't know at least half of these songs; and B) I didn't generally research most of the single voter songs to see if they were eligible. Just kind of went on the honor system.

As far as Clean Bandit, I wasn't really sure what to do with them since they do have a female member. They didn't get a lot of votes in any case so I just went with it. (Scissor Sisters got a vote from someone as well, so they will be coming up. I mean, I consider Jake Shears as the lead, but it appears Ana Matronic has always been a co-lead, so... ok, I guess.)

Leona Lewis is credited as "with" and not featured, so it counts, even if it was originally a solo. (The Perfect duet would have counted as well, but no one voted for that.)

-----

Anyhow, as far as this group, Hello Happiness is a song that just missed my cut. Such a great comeback song for Chaka.

Really enjoy:
                              1. Madonna - I Rise
                              2. Adele - Turning Tables
                              3. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over
                              4. Caro Emerald - Completely
                              5. Lily Allen - Air Balloon
                              6. Duffy - Well Well Well (yes, really!)
                              7. Janelle Monae - Primetime
                              8. Sia - Clap Your Hands
                              9. Maren Morris - My Church (LOVE this one!)
                              10. Dua Lipa - Homesick

Comment

• Gonna catch up with the countdown later today or tomorrow, but lol at "Solo". "Symphony" would have been in my Top10 but I thought it's clearly not eligible. It's really the same situation like "Titanium" & Co.

Comment

• Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                                  As for artist with most entries/most Top 100, I'd say it could be between artists with most album eras (like Taylor/Rihanna had 4 during the '10's with some for Rihanna carrying over from Rated R into 2010) or with a lot of singles (The Teenage Dream + Confection era for Katy had 8 big songs, another 5 for Prism and so on). Could be artists popular with the voters/forum, although with the 3 song limit did a lot of us vote the same ones is the question.
                                  Taylor actually had five eras during the 2010s. You may be forgetting Speak Now.
                                  Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [300-296]

Comment

• Regarding Clean Bandit: Wiki says that they have a female lead vocalist, so they would've been eligible indeed. 'Rather Be' could've made my list, but it is what it is now ;) .

Interesting that abi voted for 'Primetime'. It made my first version of the list, but ended up in the bubbling under part. Another song by Janelle Monae made my list though and is yet to come .
                                    ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• That seems totally fair to me to not research the validity of 800 songs, jeeees that would take forever! Obvs if anyone makes the Top 100 dubiously we can enjoy the tantrums then...

Aside from my own fallers, choice blooms already for me are Wet, When Love Hurts and One Strike

I actually prefer these early rounds than the final 100 which tends to hold less surprises. Thanks in advance for all your efforts cheapthrills!
                                      This ain't gon be easy

Comment

• Great that it started and that it hard work cheapthrills - thank you!
                                        surprised no one else voted for Breaking the Low by Emeli Sandé
                                        #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• This is gonna be fabulous to see how the results pan out. Already lost my #50 and #49 which - considering they were Starley and Sigrid- i'm not shocked in the slightest.

I agree with Akini that Rihanna is most likely to get the most appearances in the top 100.

Comment

• Totally forgot to vote for Nicole Scherzinger's Wet. Shocked especially since it probably contains some of the best lyrics of any 2010s songs: "I'm waiting for a man with the fan who can give me a breeze".

Comment

• Who has the most songs in the countdown?
                                              I'm guessing Rihanna

Who has the most songs in the top 100?
                                              Maybe Madonna since the average user age in here must be like 45yo.

I'm shocked I was the only one voting for Billie. This just confirms my state above.

I almost voted for "Wet" but I thought it was a wasted vote (not too wrong though).

I didn't now "Happy" by Marina was a single, otherwise I would have consider it.

I'm not here for y'all paying dust to Clean Bandit when they were clearly eligible :(

Comment

• Yeah, I think Rihsus will have the most entires (noah fence, cheapthrill. )

Comment

Yeah, I think Rihsus will have the most entires (noah fence, cheapthrill. )
                                                  I'm not offended.

I like RiRi!

Comment

• Posting the next set in just a few moments!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X