No announcement yet.

Top Female-Led Singles Countdown - 2010s - COMPLETED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Gaga's Joanne is already out and only voted by me! It is just a powerful song. Connect a lot to it.
    Sara's She Used to be Mine is a beautiful ballad.
    Beyoncé's self titled tracks voted by me already out: heaven is def my fav from them
    HAIM Want You Back and KT Tunstall The River are two gems.
    Cat Power's Woman is underappreciated!
    VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
    ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post

no way... I have good taste... that song was not voted by me... I gave 26 points to Brave by Sara B
      I mixed up the votes for Brave and Fall in Line so it should be corrected now.

Notes on the last set:
      • Still in shock that Good As Hell outpeaked Truth Hurts on this countdown.
      • Loved Hands to Myself - that pause "I mean I could but why would I want to?" Was so unexpected at the time.
      • Work was a good one from Iggy - it's still stunning how quickly she fell off.
      Posting the next set in a few minutes - a shorter set today as we clear out the single voters, and see the songs those single voters put in their top four.

Comment

• Going to try to make sure that #1 votes get highlighted as you see in the coloring below. We had four people who were the only voter for their #1.

#245- #250– 47 POINTS
        Artist Song Voter
        Fazerdaze Lucky Girl heppolo
        FKA twigs in time RedSimba
        Lea Michele Christmas in New York RayRay
        Rihanna Same Ol' Mistakes aRat
        Sinéad O'Connor 8 Good Reasons Leo
        Victoria Duffield More Than Friends FreakyFlyBry
        #244 – 47 POINTS MULTIPLE VOTERS)
        Artist Song Voter
        Selena Gomez Come And Get It FreakyFlyBry (37); G$ (10)
        #237 - #243 - 48 POINTS
        Artist Song Voter
        Alexandra Stan Lemonade HotPotato
        Brandi Carlile The Joke Leo
        Claudia Pascoal O Jardim heppolo
        Dua Lipa Hotter Than Hell aRat
        Goldfrapp Drew GaGarazzi
        Hooverphonic Anger Never Dies CZB
        Kate Voegele Must Be Summertime FreakyFlyBry
        #226 - #236 - 49 POINTS
        Artist Song Voter
        Debbie Gibson Girls Night Out RayRay
        Grimes Oblivion Lemo
        Iiris Tigerhead heppolo
        Janelle Monáe Tightrope RedSimba
        Kacey Musgraves Dime Store Cowgirl taverner
        Lana Del Rey Blue Jeans MrLeonix
        Lauren Winans Better At Breaking FreakyFlyBry
        Mylène Farmer Lonely Lisa GaGarazzi
        Shakira Rabiosa Erotica
        Taylor Swift Begin Again luckyONE
        Taylor Swift Ready For It? Affillate
        #219- #225 – 49 POINTS MULTIPLE VOTERS)
        Artist Song Voters
        225. Marina & The Diamonds Primadonna theMathematician (27); CandyPerfumeBoy (22)
        224. Charli XCX Boom Clap G$ (28); luckyONE (21)
        222. (tie) Delta Goodrem feat Gizzle Enough Affillate (30); HotPotato (19)
        222. (tie) Sugababes Wear My Kiss Erotica (30); Spiral (19)
        221. Iggy Azalea Fancy Affillate (34); holler888 (15)
        220. Keri Hilson Pretty Girl Rock G$ (37); HotPotato (12)
        219. Ciara Body Party RedSimba (41); abi (8)
        #215 - #218- 50 POINTS
        Artist Song Voter
        Barbara Dex Before CZB
        Javiera Mena Espada holler888
        Kelly Clarkson Dark Side FreakyFlyBry
        Mylène Farmer Oui Mais Non GaGarazzi

Comment

• Look like aRat didn't read the rules properly as he keeps voting for non-singles. Appreciate the love for "Same Ol' Mistakes" though.

Comment

• He also submitted something like 7 Dua songs and 5 Rih songs. And had less than 20 songs when they were removed as a result. I debated using his votes at all.

Comment

• Of course the good sis HotPotato was the only other voter for this iconik ghey chocolate anthem:
              Originally posted by beredy
              When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• None of my entries in the last update, that's good!

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                  [*]Work was a good one from Iggy - it's still stunning how quickly she fell off.
                  For me it's her best song by far...

I knew I was the only one voting for Javiera Mena but still it's my top song this decade. Too bad that people didn't vote for more latin songs apart of Shakira :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                    Of course the good sis HotPotato was the only other voter for this iconik ghey chocolate anthem:
                    And it was higher on my list but kept dropping. Though I refused to let a superior Keri jam drop from my top 5...
                    This ain't gon be easy

Comment

• Of all the recent tracks three that very nearly made my 50 were Cheryl Cole's Parachute, Margaret's Cool Me Down and JLo's I'm Into You

This ain't gon be easy

Comment

• No surprise that I lost my top 3 being the only voter, but I had to vote for them as they turned out to be some of my favourite tracks ever.

Nice to see other people voting for Mylène Farmer, but like the last countdown, it's a shame we didn't all vote for the same tracks.
                        I wonder if any non-English songs made the top 100.

Comment

• ^ I only had one non-English song in my votes and it hasn't appeared yet. Though it's still a long way to the Top100 and I guess it will drop soon.

Comment

• Well there goes my #2 outright as the only voter, Probably the 3 song rule coupled with Taylor's 5 Era span of the entire decade. I wonder if it was vote split within reputation itself also, and hopefully we see Look What You Made Me Do pop up in the Top 100, as it's ...Ready For It?'s little dark pop sidekick, haha.

I love that dirty low bass line, the whip like effects, and its an incredible album opener. I mean if you could speak with anyone in 2007 that a decade later that country music girl would be dropping bars on a pop track that would've been worthy/kinda similar in tone to sit alongside something like Gimme More on Britney's then latest Blackout album, it would've definitely raised eyebrows.

It's kindof an extension to the single remix of Bad Blood with Kendrick in a way with the rap like parts and the beat, then you have that bit lighter 'In the middle of the night' sung part of the chorus.

Yay someone else voted Delta's (with the rap part by fellow female Gizzle) Enough. Still Have two Delta tracks to go I voted, Did Spartan vote in this?

Fancy by Iggy also features Charli XCX. Gee my 2014 votes are starting to chart out. Theres a few high up that I now know I'm not the only voter for (some a little surprisingly) but not sure if they'll bow out in the 200-100 range or have made the main list.
                            UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• All but one of my non-English entries have bowed out already.
                              Not sure that the one that is still in the game will make the Top 100.

cheapthrills I know you mentioned it somewhere; but how many points were needed to make the final #100?
                              trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                              trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Affillate : I actually liked the 'reputation.' singles, but as you wrote, I had to make decisions considering the high amount of singles Swift released in the 10s. Not sure whether I had 3 Swift singles in my top 5, but they would've at least made my bubbling under part ;) .
                                WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
                                  No surprise that I lost my top 3 being the only voter, but I had to vote for them as they turned out to be some of my favourite tracks ever.

Nice to see other people voting for Mylène Farmer, but like the last countdown, it's a shame we didn't all vote for the same tracks.
                                  I wonder if any non-English songs made the top 100.
                                  Originally posted by trebor View Post
                                  All but one of my non-English entries have bowed out already.
                                  Not sure that the one that is still in the game will make the Top 100.

cheapthrills I know you mentioned it somewhere; but how many points were needed to make the final #100?
                                  There are still a few non-English songs that have not been posted yet; in fact there's a couple in this next set, one of which I think is one you're thinking of. I guess you'll see if any of them made the top 100!

A song need to make 103 points to make the top 100. The song at #101 also got 103 points and didn't make it on a tiebreaker, but I did a write-up for it too.

---

Some notes on this last set of songs:
                                  • RayRay's high placement of Christmas in New York makes it the highest placing seasonal song. There were two others that I know of that were submitted - Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson and One More Sleep by Leona Lewis
                                  • Looks like aRat's two Dua choices didn't get voted on by anyone else, but his top choice is quite a bit higher.
                                  • So happy to see Janelle's Tightrope get some love - what a fantastic album that was.
                                  • Love Dime Store Cowgirl - I just didn't have room for more Kacey on my list.
                                  • I don't know any of the 50 point songs :(

Comment

• So I am breaking up the last 60 songs into two groups after all. After tomorrow, I will start revealing lists form the #150-#101 and Top 100 alternatively! I have done the write-ups for the bottom half of the top 100 so far already. I have to admit some of them have been very hard for me to know what to say.

In any case, we go up to songs that got 51-59 points today.

#211 - #179
                                    Pos. Pts. Artist Song Voters
                                    211 50 Britney Spears I Wanna Go G$ (32); GaGarazzi (10); JakeP (8)
                                    210 51 Taylor Swift Wildest Dreams Erotica (28); BratzJesuz (23)
                                    209 51 Fifth Harmony ft. Ty Dollar Sign Work From Home G$ (39); Affillate (12)
                                    208 51 Keri Hilson Lose Control (Hold Me Down) HotPotato (47); abi (4)
                                    207 52 Janet Jackson Dammn Baby JeremySpears (27); RedSimba (25)
                                    206 52 Cam Burning House Taverner (32); trebor (20)
                                    205 52 Pink Beautiful Trauma CandyPerfumeBoy (38); CZB (14)
                                    204 53 Lady Gaga Always Remember You This Way taverner (28); GaGarazzi (25)
                                    203 53 SZA Love Galore (feat. Travis Scott) RedSimba (33); abi (20);
                                    202 53 Jess Glynne Don't Be So Hard On Yourself luckyONE (44); trebor (9)
                                    201 53 Fifth Harmony Worth It (feat. Kid Ink) abi (26); Tomer_MC (21); G$ (6)
                                    200 53 M.I.A. Bad Girls holler888(35); abi (11); RedSimba (7)
                                    199 54 Fleur East Sax Erotica (29); JeremySpears (25)
                                    198 54 Cheryl (Cole) Promise This GaGarazzi (38); BratsJesuz (16)
                                    197 55 Little Mix with CNCO Reggaetón Lento HotPotato (31); RayRay (24)
                                    196 55 Nicki Minaj Moment 4 Life (feat. Drake) abi (39); RedSimba (16)
                                    195 55 Nicki Minaj Pound The Alarm Affillate (42); BratzJesuz (13)
                                    194 56 Indila Dernière danse Tansike (31); theMathematician (25)
                                    193 56 Christine and the Queens 5 Dollars Lemo (33); CandyPerfumeBoy (23)
                                    192 56 Lady Gaga Million Reasons Tomer_MC (35); trebor (21)
                                    191 56 Shakira Sale El Sol HC55555 (36); MrLeonix (20)
                                    190 56 Jessie J Domino Spiral (40); G$ (16)
                                    189 56 Kylie Minogue Timebomb Spiral (47); holler888 (9)
                                    188 56 Sophie Ellis Bextor Bittersweet Spiral (21); GaGarazzi (19); CZB (16)
                                    187 57 Laura Pausini ft. Gente De Zona Nadie Ha Dicho RayRay (33); Tomer_MC (24)
                                    186 57 The Band Perry If I Die Young theMathematician (37); Leo (20)
                                    185 57 Taylor Swift Shake It Off luckyONE (46); trebor (11)
                                    184 57 Christina Perri A Thousand Years G$ (35); FreakyFlyBry (17); Leo (5)
                                    183 58 Céline Dion Parler à Mon Père RayRay (31); GaGarazzi(27)
                                    182 58 Lana Del Rey Love DNK (41); CandyPerfumeBoy (17)
                                    181 58 Little Mix Wings Spiral (45); JSparksFan (13)
                                    180 58 Tove Lo Talking Body Dylonj (46); JeremySpears (12)
                                    179 59 Lady Gaga Judas GaGarazzi (32); JeremySpears (17); abi (10)

Comment

• So many masterpieces miss out yet Adull probably has something like 5 songs on the main c/d.
                                      Originally posted by beredy
                                      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• My list so far:
                                        [...]
                                        7. Rumer - Dangerous
                                        [...]
                                        14. The Band Perry - If I Die Young
                                        15. Janelle Monae - QUEEN
                                        [...]
                                        17. Caro Emerald - A Night Like This
                                        [...]
                                        20. Marina & The Diamonds - Power & Control
                                        21. Oonagh - Gäa
                                        22. Nolwenn Leroy - Moonlight Shadow
                                        [...]
                                        24. Marina & The Diamonds - Primadonna
                                        25. Sweet California - This is The Life
                                        26. Indila - Derniere danse
                                        [...]
                                        30. Caro Emerald - Stuck
                                        [...]
                                        32. Melanie Fiona - 4 AM
                                        [...]
                                        35. Vanessa Mai - Regenbogen
                                        36. Madeline Juno - Stupid Girl
                                        [...]
                                        39. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
                                        [...]
                                        43. Rumer - Slow
                                        [...]
                                        45. Imany - Don't Be So Shy
                                        46. Celine Dion - Loved Me Back to Life
                                        47. Aneta Sablik - The One
                                        48. Jain - Come
                                        49. Monrose - This Is Me
                                        [...]
                                        WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?

Comment

• cheapthrills I voted for Céline's Parler à Mon Père, not Adele's Send My Love (To Your New Lover).

My votes are dropping like flies! Looking forward to finding out what songs made it in the top 100 soon.

Comment

• Great to see I'm not the only one voting for non-English songs.
                                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Oh uhm hello...

Sooooo I made a mistake in positioning because I misread my spreadsheet's header rows. I was bumping everything down one position when they should have bumped UP one, which means everything is actually two spots higher that I've posted so far.

So the minimum to get into the top 100 is now 102 points. #101 also has 102 points, so I might do a write-up for it depending on how I feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                [*]I don't know any of the 50 point songs :([/LIST]
                                                Please have a look at Espada's video, it's priceless! Hehe

Let's see if Rosalia or Shakira made the Top100. Loca and Con Altura haven't appeared yet if I'm not wrong...

I don't get why people voted for Reggaeton Lento. It is a song by CNCO and then (Like one year later) it had a remix with Little Mix. For me, it's like if we consider a Justin Bieber's song the remix of Bad Guy. Little Mix have enough good songs to choose better than choosing anyone else's song with some added vocals. Come on, they didn't even record the video together! No offense

Comment

• Timebomb and Promise This are great and Pound The Alarm was Nicki's peak.
                                                  This ain't gon be easy

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
                                                    cheapthrills I voted for Céline's Parler à Mon Père, not Adele's Send My Love (To Your New Lover).
                                                    OK, I updated your Celine vote. Getting the wrong voter is an easy fix. The Adele vote was not as easy a fix - I credited you for the wrong Adele song! So Send My Love gets demoted to the #450 range while the other song moves up. I really hope there's no other errors like that, but lbr, it's me and there probably is.
                                                    Hopefully, nothing affecting the top 100, but no promises.

I've updated the lists to include Send My Love at 30 points.

If I get a moment, I'll see if I can adjust the numbering in previous posts too.

Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
                                                    My votes are dropping like flies! Looking forward to finding out what songs made it in the top 100 soon.
                                                    We will start seeing songs in the top 100 TOMORROW! Yay! This next set is the last one before we get graphics
                                                    I'm going to do what I did in past countdowns and mix the bubbling under songs with the top 100. Just more fun for people to wonder if their songs made it to the top 100 or not.

Notes on this last set:
                                                    • Cam's Burning House is one of those rar country song's that registered with me. Really appreciated the lyric imagery.
                                                    • Million Reasons was such a beautiful song. I don't think I appreciated it as much then as I do now.
                                                    • Totally forgot Domino existed. Wow, I had some great car karaoke moments with that one.
                                                    • Surprised by the low ranking of Shake It Off - I feel like that was one of Taylor's biggest hits of the decade.
                                                    • Surprised by the high ranking of Judas Felt like that was a flop for her, even though it got its release week in the top ten.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X