Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 Day Song Challenge - January 2020 (Day 14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Day Song Challenge - January 2020 (Day 14)

We did this a couple of years ago and it resulted in a massive survivor - so I wanted to run it again! Let's kick 2020 off with a mega playlist! The concept is simple, I will post the theme each morning, you post a song you love that fits the theme!

The 2018 Edition - where possible, please use a different song to those used already!

Day One - A Song You Like With a Colour in the Title

Simple - select a song you like that has a colour in the title (or if you're feeling stuck, select a song that has the word "colour" in the title)!

Day 1: Dolly Parton - Coat of Many Colours

One of my all-time favourite songs.

Comment

Behind These Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson
      Taylor Swift - Colbie Caillat - Carrie Underwood - Miranda Lambert

Comment

Comment

Rihanna - Red Lipstick
          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

A little bit of electronic music for you
            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by beredy
                When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

@Wayne maybe you should post the previous 2017 thread link at the top since it looks to be the same 30 day items; Already I can pick out two double ups for Day 1 (which may cause issue for the eventual likely survivor no?) Might just make it interesting to look for a few different ones than before.

Here is also one I found @Spartan ran in 2011 (has different items).
                  UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Day One - A Song You Like With a Number in the Title

Simple! Select a song that has a number in the title!

The 2018 Edition - where possible, please use a different song to those used already!

Comment

Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Day 2
                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                          Day One - A Song You Like With a Colour in the Title

Simple! Select a song that has a number in the title!

@Wayne I think you may have confused Day One and Day Two.

Comment

Day One: A song you like with a colour in the title

Cheyenne Jackson “I’m Blue Skies”

Comment

Lily Allen - 22
                              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

A fresh one.

I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Ari Lennox

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Comment

Dominic Fike - 3 Nights

Comment

So glad this is back! I actually ran this with my friends a couple years ago

Day 1:

Day 2:

Last edited by cheapthrills; Fri January 3rd, 2020, 16:11. Reason: True Blue has been used before

Comment

DAY 1

2 for the price of 1

DAY 2
                                            1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Day 1:

Day 2:

Comment

Originally posted by beredy
                                                When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Day 1

Eskimo Joe - Black Fingernails, Red Wine (2006)
                                                  (warning; this version of the video has a few flickering light bits). great Aussie song from 2006, with a two for one in the title re: colours. They made another video because the first one was flagged for being a little bit 'violent' (it featured the band driving around at night kidnapping 'themselves'). I did a Audio Engineering Diploma for 2 years after finishing school and I remember we had a mini group project to analysed the recording of a song and we chose this one.

Comment

Day 2

Ann Lee - 2 Times (1999)
                                                    This dancy earworm. Haha. It reminds me a little bit of some other dance artists around that time like Whigfield and Pandora.
                                                    Last edited by Affillate; Fri January 3rd, 2020, 10:50.

Comment

Heres the 2018 list alphabetical as well (in case youre looking and the song was used for another day):

(edit: found someone used one for the same thing I am thinking of haha might just use it again, its more of a guideline if you want to look for something not obvious (and to make the survivor a bit more different). Off to look up the like minded individual who picked that!

Spoiler!
                                                      Last edited by Affillate; Fri January 3rd, 2020, 03:05.

Comment

Day 3 - A Song that Reminds You of Summertime

Select a song that reminds you of the summer!

Comment

DAY 2: Avril Lavigne - 4 Real

DAY 3: Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness
                                                          Taylor Swift - Colbie Caillat - Carrie Underwood - Miranda Lambert

Comment

Day 3

Daryl Braithwaite - One Summer (1988/89)
                                                            The video captures some Aussie Summer elements like the beach, red and yellow flags etc. (of which we are currently in the middle month of, as I write this its still fairly warm around sunset at 24C).

It also evokes more joyous Summer thoughts in parts than the current one, as this Summer a lot of the east coast states are still braving through a particularly bad and horrific bushfire season (which started to affect greater Sydney since around late November and has been on and off) and its become quite a political issue with the PM's response if you've been following.

Anyhow, back to the song, It was released as a Single in our Summer nearly 31 years ago in January 1989 (one day after Australia Day (which is a whole other contentious political issue of the last few years, but that's another story for another time)), and reached #8 in Australia, #5 in Norway and #4 in Sweden.
                                                            Last edited by Affillate; Fri January 3rd, 2020, 10:43.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X