Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 Day Song Challenge - January 2020 (Day 14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 9: Happy Song

Day 10: Sad song

Comment

• Day 11: A song you never tire of

Day 12: A song from your preteen years

Comment

• Day 12: A song from your preteen years

My Likes On Soundcloud
        Last.fm

Comment

• Day 12 - A Song from Your Preteen Years

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Day 11

Jennifer Lopez - Play (2001)
            This one was kinda hard, but this song also exemplifies the theme of this day quite well also IMO, Hearing a song that you love, out and about. One of my faves, and credit to Christina Milian in the chorus as well. Its a fun dance jam.

Day 12

Billie Piper - Because We Want To (1998)
            A quick search lists 'pre-teen' as roughly between ages 9-12, So I went with this fun track from 1998 (the year I turned 10). Recently I parroted the 'Because We Want To' line at work offhand and was mildly surprised that someone picked up on the reference haha. I also really enjoyed her other songs around that time such as Girlfriend and Honey to the Bee.
            UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Day 13 - A Song You Like from the 70s

Comment

• Day 13
                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• D13:

Classic
                  Xtina/GoldLink/Slayer/Mobb Deep/KAYTRANADA/2Pac/Snoh ​​Aalegra

Comment

• Day 13 - A Song You Like from the 70s

I like many songs from the 70s. One of them:

My Likes On Soundcloud
                    Last.fm

Comment

• Day 14 - A Song You’d Love to be Played at Your Wedding

Comment

• Xtina/GoldLink/Slayer/Mobb Deep/KAYTRANADA/2Pac/Snoh ​​Aalegra

Comment

• Day 13

Marcia Hines - You (1977)
                          A few different ideas for this one, went with one from Marcia. Born in Boston and moving to Australia, she became a much loved Aussie icon, beginning with starring in the musical Hair. Voted 'Queen of Pop' by the readers of TVWeek magazine 3 years running 1976-78, Later her Daughter Deni Hines also became a singer in the 90's, and Marcia became a judge on Australian Idol throughout its seven seasons from 2003-09, and has continued releasing albums over the years (some covers albums such as 2006's Discotheque which featured a duet with Deni on 'Stomp'). She is known for being the 'nice judge' on Idol (her catch phrase 'That's What I'm Talking ABOUT!' mightve influenced Shannon Noll's debut album title? who knows haha). Anyways This song 'You' reached #2 in Australia.

Day 14

Taylor Swift - Lover (2019)
                          Was going to pick 'Unconditionally' by Katy but that was alreday done in the 2018 version so something different. I saw a video of these two guys using the Abbey Road sessions version i think it was of Kylie's 'All The Lovers' a little while back for their first dance which was cool, but I think i'll pick this for this one (and maybe a song for consideration when/if I should ever get married (whole other topic my thoughts on this haha).
                          Anyways back to the song It's got some slightly cheese/sappy moments ala 'Thinking Out Loud', but its a nice chill track.
                          Last edited by Affillate; Tue January 14th, 2020, 13:52.

Comment

• Day 13

Day 14

Comment

• DAY 12 - Jewel - Intuition

DAY 13 - Joni Mitchell - Woodstock

DAY 14 - Sia - Day Too Soon

last.fm

Comment

• Day 13: 70s Song

Comment

• Day 15

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• D15:

Comment

• Day15

Comment

• D16:

Comment

• Day 15

My Likes On Soundcloud
                                          Last.fm

Comment

• Day 15

Holly Valance - Kiss Kiss (2002)
                                            This was the song that introduced us to Holly Valance: the singer. Another Neighbours actress to singer story, it went #1 In Australia, Scotland and the UK. It was a cover of the Stella Soleil song released the previous year, itself a cover/english version of the 1997 song "Şımarık" by Turkish singer Tarkan.

Big fan of Holly and her two albums. Recently this jam came on while I was in the supermarket LOL.

Day 16

The Killers - Mr. Brightside (2003/04/05)
                                            Picked this one for its presence factor. It peaked on the ARIA Chart in early 2005, and for a while I had always assumed it was the second single from Hot Fuss (after Somebody Told Me) but it was actually originally released in 2003 and written as far back as 2001 according to wikipedia.
                                            It continually charts in the UK, according to wikipedia as of 2017, it had charted on he UK Singles chart in 11 of the previous 13 years, and in March 2018, passed the milestone of having staying 200 weeks in the UK Top 100. Here is the article I posted in 2017 in the songs thread.
                                            The band performed it at the 2017 AFL Grand Final and it re-entered the ARIA Chart at #48. It's got that karaoke sing along kinda quality as well (segway into Day 17's theme... Haha).
                                            Last edited by Affillate; Fri January 17th, 2020, 12:20.

Comment

• Day 14
                                              Song For A Potential Wedding

Comment

• Day 15
                                                A song that's a cover

Comment

• Day 16
                                                  A song that's a classic favourite

Baltimora - Tarzan Boy

Last edited by heppolo; Sat January 18th, 2020, 23:34.

Comment

• Day 16: A song that’s a classic favorite

Day 17: A song you‘d sing a duet with someone on karaoke

Day 18: A song from the year you were born

Day 19: A song that makes you think about life

Comment

Working...
                                                    X