Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K-POP Music

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



  • YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

    I was thinking of making a thread in Urban/R&B but I don't think he has that many fans here so nevermind.

    Comment


    • I am a fan but yeah, he's not thaaaaat big here I guess but anyways ! I'm exited

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jpguy
        I am a fan but yeah, he's not thaaaaat big here I guess but anyways ! I'm exited
        I can always count on you on YG acts.

        Anyway, since there are gonna be two lead singles for Taeyang, I hope at one of them is actually uptempo Urban. As much as I love all the ballads from his last album, I kinda miss his "Ringa Linga"/"Good Boy" phase.

        Comment


        • Anyway...

          [youtube:3e6rrmy7]EVaV7AwqBWg[/youtube:3e6rrmy7]

          Song's alright, a bit too generic & EDM for my liking. It really reminds me of some particular song but I don't know what it is. Video is alright. Them makeups & lipsticks & those scenes with their close ups trying to look all sexy and stuff really turn me off.

          Comment


          • ^ So impressed by Wanna One's debut! I love the song. I hadn't really invested much in them considering girl groups are more my thing, but this was great.

            Comment


            • I'm not impressed, the song ain't no bop. It's waaaay too generic and bland. I can't wait for the live promotion though

              Comment


              • Not loving Wanna One's song. Daniel supposed to be the front and center of the group, but his rap starts way too late into the song.

                Anyway, they're slaying chart-wise.
                ? Girls' Generation ?
                ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

                Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

                Comment


                • I'm just baffled that SNSD is struggling so badly with digital, I know promotion hasn't started but APINK did top 10 for days and days, what's going on ? ... Are there digital days done and they'll rely on physicals?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jpguy
                    I'm just baffled that SNSD is struggling so badly with digital, I know promotion hasn't started but APINK did top 10 for days and days, what's going on ? ... Are there digital days done and they'll rely on physicals?
                    They're not "struggling". They haven't had any TV performances so far - all of their past songs had tv performances within the first day of release or even before that.
                    ? Girls' Generation ?
                    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

                    Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

                    Comment


                    • Random, but I can't get over how much great music has come out in the past few weeks.

                      I've been listening non-stop to the new releases by EXO, Dreamcatcher, P.O.P, G-Friend, Nine Muses, Choerry, CLC, SNSD, Weki Meki..... it's been a huge few weeks for me

                      Comment


                      • SNSD is an old act! The fact that they're even still together is a miracle in itself (see Wonder Girls, 2NE1, TWICE in 10 years), let alone the fact that they're still so relevant and still have such a strong fanbase. It's understandable why their songs may not be the next cool thing anymore. The only act that is at least 10 years old and still scoring hits is probably BIGBANG, and only them.

                        Plus All Night isn't exactly the type of song that would be a hit. Holiday a bit more so, but I don't know... it's not what's popular in particular st the moment!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Nackar
                          SNSD is an old act! The fact that they're even still together is a miracle in itself (see Wonder Girls, 2NE1, TWICE in 10 years), let alone the fact that they're still so relevant and still have such a strong fanbase. It's understandable why their songs may not be the next cool thing anymore. The only act that is at least 10 years old and still scoring hits is probably BIGBANG, and only them.

                          Plus All Night isn't exactly the type of song that would be a hit. Holiday a bit more so, but I don't know... it's not what's popular in particular st the moment!
                          Holiday Night already outsold Lion Heart's entire first week in 3 days.
                          ? Girls' Generation ?
                          ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

                          Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

                          Comment


                          • [Data-Hanteo] Girls' Generation - 1st Week Sales:
                            #1 #HolidayNight - ?67,199?*
                            #2 The Boys - 67.1k
                            #3 Oh! - 65.5k

                            *Day 4- Still Counting~

                            A decade into their career, and the girls are still breaking records one after another!
                            ? Girls' Generation ?
                            ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

                            Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

                            Comment


                            • ^ Fantastic, and completely deserved - such a great album. Lion Heart had some great album tracks, but Holiday Night is overall much stronger

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                                Originally posted by Nackar
                                SNSD is an old act! The fact that they're even still together is a miracle in itself (see Wonder Girls, 2NE1, TWICE in 10 years), let alone the fact that they're still so relevant and still have such a strong fanbase. It's understandable why their songs may not be the next cool thing anymore. The only act that is at least 10 years old and still scoring hits is probably BIGBANG, and only them.

                                Plus All Night isn't exactly the type of song that would be a hit. Holiday a bit more so, but I don't know... it's not what's popular in particular st the moment!
                                Holiday Night already outsold Lion Heart's entire first week in 3 days.
                                Pretty sure Nackar was referring to their appeal to the general public which mirrors the single sales (which jpguy brought up). Album/Physical sales always come from the fanbase.

                                Comment


                                • They're slowly becoming a "boy group", lol. Those who buy albums in bulk and will always have a solid fanbase (hopefully that won't change thru the years) but the general públic wont pay that much attention, and it's understandable. They're soon to cross the 30 years old line and can always tour and release albums. They are already legends anyways, I just really hope they're the answer to Shinhwa in terms of longevity.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by jpguy
                                    They're slowly becoming a "boy group", lol. Those who buy albums in bulk and will always have a solid fanbase (hopefully that won't change thru the years) but the general públic wont pay that much attention, and it's understandable. They're soon to cross the 30 years old line and can always tour and release albums. They are already legends anyways, I just really hope they're the answer to Shinhwa in terms of longevity.
                                    When I was at the SM store in Seoul on the day of the album release, there were a bunch of people who bought 10-30 copies of the album at once, so that's definitely true.
                                    ? Girls' Generation ?
                                    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

                                    Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

                                    Comment


                                    • Random, but I find it unique that in Korea many fans of female acts like SNSD, 2NE1, BLACKPINK, TWICE, etc. are actually guys while it's almost the opposite in the States. You're probably gonna get side eyed if you're a guy and you said you listen to Rihanna, Britney, Beyonce or Fifth Harmony.

                                      Comment


                                      • Another Wanna (n)One video.

                                        [youtube:1ez1lsb6]XwGqz8BhHho[/youtube:1ez1lsb6]

                                        Tragic. Generic. Dated. And I still can't believe that there are some trainees that made it to the group instead of the deserving ones. They're literally don't bring anything to the group urghh. Daniel & Ong please come thru with your solo stuff, I'll just pretend Wanna One didn't happen.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by abi
                                          Another Wanna (n)One video.

                                          [youtube:12qobkzu]XwGqz8BhHho[/youtube:12qobkzu]

                                          Tragic. Generic. Dated. And I still can't believe that there are some trainees that made it to the group instead of the deserving ones. They're literally don't bring anything to the group urghh. Daniel & Ong please come thru with your solo stuff, I'll just pretend Wanna One didn't happen.
                                          Trying to keep my love for Daniel alive. LMAO these Wanna One releases are just.. not.. what I wanted.
                                          ? Girls' Generation ?
                                          ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

                                          Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

                                          Comment


                                          • ^Yeah, I thought they were gonna serve like BTS/EXO-quality stuff when it comes to songs and music videos. Or at Monsta X/NCT level at least. Instead they look like some D-list K-Pop groups that only get to perform during the first few minutes of Inkigayo (basically when no one watches and when all the bubbling unders are announced).

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by abi
                                              ^Yeah, I thought they were gonna serve like BTS/EXO-quality stuff when it comes to songs and music videos. Or at Monsta X/NCT level at least. Instead they look like some D-list K-Pop groups that only get to perform during the first few minutes of Inkigayo (basically when no one watches and when all the bubbling unders are announced).
                                              Its especially disappointing considering how amazing IOI's material was.
                                              ? Girls' Generation ?
                                              ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

                                              Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

                                              Comment


                                              • ALL THE DETAILS FOR THE UPCOMING SMASH OF THE DECADE - BTS - LOVE YOURSELF are here:

                                                viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126746

                                                BTS - Love Yourself


                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by abi
                                                  Random, but I find it unique that in Korea many fans of female acts like SNSD, 2NE1, BLACKPINK, TWICE, etc. are actually guys while it's almost the opposite in the States. You're probably gonna get side eyed if you're a guy and you said you listen to Rihanna, Britney, Beyonce or Fifth Harmony.
                                                  Have you actually seen Twice's fan chants for the SIGNAL promotions? It was hella crazy with all these boys screaming for them! You can only hear male voices! It's really crazy indeed, but very interesting! I'd love to live in Korea hahahaha


                                                  [youtube:15gqomzg]TRijPlol9D8[/youtube:15gqomzg]

                                                  Comment


                                                  • ^Yeah I like that they're not ashamed or thinking that they're 'too cool' to scream out loud. When it comes Western female acts, guys always love talking only about their beauty/bodies etc but in K-Pop they talk about their beauty/bodies but also listen to their music at the same time.

                                                    Anyway, it's confirmed that Taeyang is coming to my country in October. My mom is actually a big fan of him as well so I'm thinking of bringing her with me. I mean, he's gonna be on military next year, right? So yeah I have to do it.

                                                    Whose idea it is though to put both GD and Taeyang concert dates in the same month though? Many people will prefer GD obviously... Let's just hope Taeyang's production will be smaller so it would be more intimate and of course hopefully the prices won't be too expensive.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X