Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post
    ^ Have fun!
    Thanks! They were awesome. Their energy was high. MINO got the loudest scream by far as expected even though he barely talked or did anything tbh, people just fell for him. Seungyoon did the most with the talking, his English was actually very good I was impressed. They performed for only around 30 minutes, they did most of their uptempo songs from "Really Really" to their latest title. A bit disappointed they didn't do the ballads as "Empty" is still THAT song but their set was really good and the crowd was loving it as well, it was one of the most diverse crowds I've ever seen in my life!

Also, KRUNK did a little set before them. He did a dance cover of "Fiance", "Ddu-du Ddu-du" and "Kill This Love". It was cute.

Comment

I was just thinking about who i would put in a group, if i could make one....
      Is this some sort of your version of SuperM? Those are really nice picks. I just can't see someone like Zico or B.I. and Bobby in a typical 'K-Pop' boy group. Even with their respective groups they're more Hip-Hop-leaning and less "K-Poppy".

I don't really mind the age gap, most of these dudes look like they're around the same age anyway. I'm not sure who I would put in a boy group, but if I were an agency's CEO I would definitely sign (from the current boy groups) Jungkook, Baekhyun, Kai, Jaehyun (NCT), Jaemin (NCT), B.I., Taeyong, L, Song Mino, Bobby & Ong-Seungwoo and maybeeeee Kang Daniel, Jinyoung (GOT7) and JB (GOT7).

Comment

• For the girls I'd sign Jennie, Rose, Joy, Hani, Chungha, Yezi, Somi & Krystal.

Comment

• Personally I don't like age gaps, i mean 5 or 6 years is ok ofcourse. But you also have groups with like 10 years between the members. So that means a 16 year old is debuting with a 26 year old, seems odd. I have an 8 year old gap with my brother, and when i was younger he was already in different fases of his life then i was, so i wonder how it works for members with such large age gaps in groups

Also youve made some stunning choices for your groups!
          You drew stars around my scars

Comment

• So, Baekhyun is the leader. Interesting choice.

Comment

• Random, but how you do you guys envision the BLACKPINK girls with their upcoming solos (if there's any)?

For me, I have a feeling Rose will go with some acoustic type of coffee shop ballad that Koreans love but honestly, I'd like her to try uptempo Pop/R&B number such as Normani's "Motivation" or Keri Hilson's "Knock You Down" or maybe Ariana's "Break Your Heart Right Back".

For Lisa, I'm always imagining an exotic world music production for her, ala "Sua Cara" or "Hands Free"
              For Jisoo, i don't know - she might be going for either a Jordin Sparks/Ella Mai-type of ballad or an EDM uptempo.

Comment

• Looks promising

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                  Random, but how you do you guys envision the BLACKPINK girls with their upcoming solos (if there's any)?
                  Well, thats the question
                  YG is such a mess, when they could actualy ride on the succes the girls have. They need to let them have another comeback, or atleast have the other members have their solo's, it doesnt make sense for yg to not take advantage of the popularity of the girls. Also i guess you will be right about Rose getting a "coffee shop ballad"

Comment

Well, thats the question
                    YG is such a mess, when they could actualy ride on the succes the girls have. They need to let them have another comeback, or atleast have the other members have their solo's, it doesnt make sense for yg to not take advantage of the popularity of the girls. Also i guess you will be right about Rose getting a "coffee shop ballad"
                    Exactly urgh. Even Monsta X is performing on The Ellen Show! BLACKPINK in your basement indeed!

Comment

• IZ*ONE's Japanese comeback. Such cute vampires
                      Last edited by Kpop; Fri September 13th, 2019, 11:10.

Comment

• Yo I'm really addicted to NCT nowadays. Their discography is so good and they're really entertaining & have fun personalities!

They need to be careful choosing their next title track & directions though cause I feel like they're losing a little bit of momentum with their latest comeback. Judging by YouTube views & Spotify streams their latest title seems to be flopping even though it was targeted for the American market - it's just I guess the audience wasn't ready for a straight up Pop track from NCT, which is why one of the reasons I think the latest NCT Dream's title is doing so well - cause sonically it's closer to the sound we're familiar with from NCT.

Comment

• Debut

Comment

• Loving this!

Comment

• <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6QA3m58DQw" target="_blank">

Suju sorry sorry obviosuly, some BTS is good too
                              BTS Lover here

Comment

• Monsta X's "Who Do U Love" is kinda blowing up on US radio!

POP
                                28 27 MONSTA X Who Do U Love? f/FrenchMontana 2810 2270 540 7.828
                                + 132 spins
                                - 22 spins
                                + 0.673 audience

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpop View Post

Debut
                                  I really like these girls, I've followed them for a while pre-debut. I liked their pre-debut song "Wonderland" a bit more than this - this was all a bit too much for me, which is a shame because I like the style/vibe of the girls

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpop View Post

Debut
                                    I really like these girls, I've followed them for a while pre-debut. I liked their pre-debut song "Wonderland" a bit more than this - this was all a bit too much for me, which is a shame because I like the style/vibe of the girls

Comment

• Comeback

Comment

• Dreamcatcher didnt disapoint!

Comment

• Comeback
                                          Last edited by Kpop; Thu September 19th, 2019, 11:58.

Comment

• Comeback

Comment

• ANS: Boom Boom
                                              I really like the intro in the MV; but the song is much lighter in comparison. OK for a debut though I'm not sure if I prefer Boom Boom more than their pre debut Wonderland

3YE: OOMM (Out Of My Mind)
                                              Great MV and song: tons of attitude and good choreography. Hope they bring out a performance version. I have to say this style of music is probably not my first preference; but 3YE do this so well I can't help but like it just as I loved their debut Do Ma Thang

Dreamcatcher: Deja Vu
                                              The MV is so beautiful, cinematic and classy. It perfectly compliments the poignant, rock ballad song and the girls look great in those costumes.

Laboum: Firework
                                              I think the MV looks a bit improvised, not sure if this is deliberate. However the song is nice

Saturday: BByong
                                              I love this MV, it's theme and colour palette. The song like their others is a bop
                                              Last edited by Kpop; Thu September 19th, 2019, 22:02.

Comment

• They're done with Tropical/Latin sound and now they're borrowing Monsta X's Hip-Hop noise.

This is gonna be awful. BM produced this though so I'm not surprised, like at all.

Comment

• ^ that sounds like a banger, I'm here for it.

Jessi's first release under P Nation, can't wait.

You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

• Wait this actually sounds so solid I'm shocked! They might have another US Pop radio hit in their hands.

Comment

• Never been a fan of Laboum (except for ZN, she was fab in Uni.T) but this comeback? Wow.... that was not good at all. They were never a popular group but really suffered from the Hwi Hwi promotions scandal. This song was just not it though. I'd be surprised if we get another comeback. Sorry to be so negative

Comment

• Comeback

I need to have a good think about this

Comment

• ^Well, at least they have moved on from the tropical house stuff that got old a few comebacks ago.

For some reason, th reminds me of 4Minute's last few singles particularly when it all went ruckus in the chorus.

Comment

• Comeback

Comment

• ^ I quite like it, but i think the problem with Twice's discography is that it holds some of the members back. Chaeyoung can do alot more then what she shows in Twice, and for example Momo sings in this cutesy way, when she could actualy be a decent rapper. However Dahyun's tone is too soft for rap imho, i do like her part in "Likey", but she used her "Whisper" tone for the good there. It is very difficult to have a good rap in those cute songs though. Also i think members like Jeongyeon would be able to do girl crush realy well. But since the cute concept is doing so well jyp sticks with it for them
                                                              Last edited by Colbie; Mon September 23rd, 2019, 11:34.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X