No announcement yet.

K-POP Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The finances for Craxy's debut seem to be more spent on the music video then a good producer and a good debut song. This song is going everyhwere and nothing.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post
      The finances for Craxy's debut seem to be more spent on the music video then a good producer and a good debut song. This song is going everyhwere and nothing.....
      Agreed... the MV was really cool. I just can't work out if I like the song or not.... it's okay, but not memorable

Comment

• I LOVE IT! I stan. Let me make the album thread.

Also yay for less Taeyong & Mark and more lines for the others. Never realized how great of a dancer Haechan is until this video, his funny personality fools me sometimes.

Comment

• Alexa makes her comeback in an expensive looking, cinematic MV

Comment

• Itzy's comeback

Comment

• Itzy's comeback is not bad!

Comment

• Just a suggestion, I feel like a lot of us K-Pop fans could start posting our weekly top 5 songs here:

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...5#post10363372

It's UKMIX Weekly Charts - compiled & updated based on our weekly top 5 and of course, K-Pop barely gets any votes. I mean it's not like a big deal or anything but that would be great to see the chart to be more diverse and maybe we could introduce a lot of people to K-Pop? Just a random thought though.

Comment

• ^ You don't have to have a personal chart to post your top 5 there? abi
                  And i try involving kpop in fsc games and the mixtape game, but no one is interested

Comment

• Colbie No you don't have to. I don't have one as well. You just need to post your top 5 there every week and it will be counted. The chart is updated every Saturday.

Same. Every time I post something about K-Pop in general threads they always gets ignored. Not even BTS & Blackpink catch attentions over here. At least BTS & Dean made into the Urban/R&B Countdown once though so yay, I guess?

Comment

• So, I've been slowly getting into K-Pop. I've gone through most of TWICE's discography as well as Mamamoo. I really like the latter's R&B and hip-hop-influenced songs and they can really sing. As for TWICE, I recently read a Billboard article about how JYP Entertainment signed a distribution deal with Republic Records to help bring their music here to North America(in fact, Republic has already re-released their stuff on streaming services). I know Blackpink hit it big here, but I'm wondering if TWICE will be able to do the same?

Comment

• ^ Ah, nice! Mamamoo is actualy my fav gg!

I don't think Twice will get as popular as BP, because their style is too "cutesy" for America. In Korea they like those groups with a cute concept, but i don't think it's the case in America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mugen View Post
                          So, I've been slowly getting into K-Pop. I've gone through most of TWICE's discography as well as Mamamoo. I really like the latter's R&B and hip-hop-influenced songs and they can really sing. As for TWICE, I recently read a Billboard article about how JYP Entertainment signed a distribution deal with Republic Records to help bring their music here to North America(in fact, Republic has already re-released their stuff on streaming services). I know Blackpink hit it big here, but I'm wondering if TWICE will be able to do the same?
                          Yay, welcome! If you're really into R&B & Hip-Hop, I have soooo many recommendations for you.

As for TWICE, yeah I agree with Colbie. They're too cute for the American audience. I don't think any of the members speaks English as well. BLACKPINK is pretty much the only one that has the potential in my opinion.

Also, I'm surprised how much push Monsta X has been getting for their US promo. They just performed at the Kelly Clarkson show the other day.

Comment

• ^Yeah, i realy like that!
                            Also the charges against Wonho has been dropped as he was found not guilty, so i realy hope he can get back to the group soon!

Comment

• ^B.I. too! IKON's musical direction seems to be lost without him honestly. Who's even the new leader? Bobby?

As for Monsta X, I wish they had been given more R&B/Pop-leaning materials with a splash of EDM & Hip-Hop for their English album, something that still has that Monsta X indentity. Most of their English songs sound like straight up Austin Mahone/Shawn Mendes/etc. leftovers and they're not cute.

Comment

• ^ Yeah i wished they would have gone more rnb too

As for Ikon i hope they won't renew their contracts with yg and reunite with B.I again on a new label maybe. I agree they seem lost. I enjoyed Dive, but it's not their best. I however love Deep Night from Bobby and June, though it's not on the album

Comment

• I really like the MV for Sejeong's comeback

Comment

• I will certainly take your recommendations, abi.. I should mention that I liked NCT 127's recent mini album as well as ITZY's. A lot of my knowledge about certain groups has come from watching Knowing Brothers, which I have been addicted to recently.

It's interesting that both of you think TWICE might not take off in America. Based off a recent scanning on YouTube(not scientific of course, lol), they certainly do have a large North American fanbase, albeit maybe not as large as in other places. As for the English barrier, I'm not sure if it's as much as a hindrance like it used to be. I see groups like ITZY doing well with their promotions in America.

It will be interesting to see when they'll make their splash over here, due to the whole Coronavirus pandemic. I'm guessing it'll probably be in the Fall.

Comment

• Mugen Yay, get ready for the spams.

If you're into the likes of PartyNextDoor, Bryson Tiller, 6LACK, Tinashe, etc. then check these out:
                                      Dean - Bonnie & Clyde
                                      NCT U - The 7th Sense
                                      ZICO - Anti (feat. G.Soul)
                                      Crush - woo ah
                                      Sik-K - party(SHUT DOWN) (feat. Crush)
                                      Dean - Pour Up (feat. ZICO)

+ Some more English bops from Dean:
                                      I'm Not Sorry (feat. Eric Bellinger)
                                      Put My Hands On You (feat. Anderson .Paak)
                                      Here & Now (feat. Mila J)
                                      love (feat. Syd)
                                      Dante's Creek

If you're into the likes of Rihanna, The Pussycat Dolls, Destiny's Child, Chris Brown, etc. (the more Poppier side of R&B/Hip-Hop) then you might like these (aside from Blackpink of course):
                                      Red Velvet - Bad Boy
                                      EXO - Call Me Baby
                                      CL - Hello Bitches
                                      Block B - Shall We Dance
                                      Taeyang - Eyes, Nose, Lips
                                      4Minute - Crazy
                                      NCT 127 - Cherry Bomb

I think those are enough as for now. And you better stan NCT, all of their units (NCT U, NCT 127 & NCT Dream) have lots of Urban-leaning bops.

As for TWICE, hmmm they might have a big following in the US but I really don't see them getting played on US radio and charting high on Billboard as what BLACKPINK or BTS did. And I don't see them trying to adapt their sound as well since JYP already has ITZY whose music is pretty much quite already Americanized.

Comment

• Mugen i would also recommend PLT!
                                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zp8nrsZUeto Igoholic

Villain - Manito
                                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DOwW1ncE9gA
                                        ​​​​​​
                                        Also Leenzy's voice is just so good:
                                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wTL5V6kmxYI

Check them out if you want ;-)

Comment

• Oneus never disapoints! Love the aesthetics!

Comment

• Comment

• ^FINALLY a good song from Winner!

The song is nice and the video is hilarious, I love it! I love how carefree they are (both their images and in real life) compared to other idols.

Comment

• ^ Yeah, i realy like this as well! The video is hilarious indeed, the concept reminds me of Pentagon's Humph and Naughty Boy.

Comment

• I like this more than Nun Nu Nan Na

Comment

• Not a fan of this. Soyeon's rap doesn't seem to fit, and the chorus isn't good imho. And Shuhua's part is just picked form Lion, she deserved a better part. I realy like Yuqi's and Miyeon's parts though

Comment

Working...
                                                    X