No announcement yet.

K-POP Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess it must be Sistar month. First Soyou came back a week and a half ago and now Hyolyn is back with a new song, "9 Lives." The song is entirely in English. It will be part of her second mini-album, Say My Name, which will be released on 8/19.

Comment

• JYP (with Sunmi) Comeback
      Last edited by Kpop; Tue August 11, 2020, 10:46.

Comment

• Rothy is out with her new song, "Ocean View." It features Chanyeol from EXO.

Comment

• First solo from Wonho:

New SuperM:
          You drew stars around my scars

Comment

• Okay the SuperM song isn't that bad but I just really fail to see what the strategy behind the group is.

Like, SM wanted SuperM to be THAT super group that breaks into the American music industry yet they keep doing things that Western Pop fans hate about K-Pop: a manufactured group, guys wearing makeup, dated Electropop sound & cringy English lyrics. I just don't get it. "Bad Boy" and "Regular" were their best chances of breaking into the West but somehow SM missed the memo.

Comment

• A Comeback by Brave Girls

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                Okay the SuperM song isn't that bad but I just really fail to see what the strategy behind the group is.

Like, SM wanted SuperM to be THAT super group that breaks into the American music industry yet they keep doing things that Western Pop fans hate about K-Pop: a manufactured group, guys wearing makeup, dated Electropop sound & cringy English lyrics. I just don't get it. "Bad Boy" and "Regular" were their best chances of breaking into the West but somehow SM missed the memo.
                I'm just guessing of course, but it seems that they're still smarting from when they tried to break into the North American market 10-11 years with BoA and failed. They had set up SM Entertainment America but that went nowhere, so they seemed to just focus on the Asia market. That's the only reason I can think of why they never pushed EXO over here, despite them being the biggest k-pop group until BTS broke through. And when BTS did breakthrough, SM seemed caught off-guard and they're were like "well, we can't push through our older groups, let's create a Greatest Hits version of our boy groups and call it a day." NCT 127 seems to be doing well in America though, sales-wise.

I agree that Red Velvet has the best chance to breakthrough in America, but SM doesn't seem interested is getting a North American distributor for them.

Jessi is back with a new MV off her latest EP, "Numb." I could see this being played on American radio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mugen View Post

I'm just guessing of course, but it seems that they're still smarting from when they tried to break into the North American market 10-11 years with BoA and failed. They had set up SM Entertainment America but that went nowhere, so they seemed to just focus on the Asia market. That's the only reason I can think of why they never pushed EXO over here, despite them being the biggest k-pop group until BTS broke through. And when BTS did breakthrough, SM seemed caught off-guard and they're were like "well, we can't push through our older groups, let's create a Greatest Hits version of our boy groups and call it a day." NCT 127 seems to be doing well in America though, sales-wise.

I agree that Red Velvet has the best chance to breakthrough in America, but SM doesn't seem interested is getting a North American distributor for them.
                  Yeah I get what you're saying. I still think they should've pushed either one of their current existing groups though instead of creating a new one which definitely was a waste of money. Imagine spending millions of dollars on... "Jopping".... Also, the outfits for their new video are basically the recycled versions from some of 127/Dream/WayV's latest outfits, right?

Comment

• ^ Exactly, plus their new song is basicly jopping 2.0

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                      Okay the SuperM song isn't that bad but I just really fail to see what the strategy behind the group is.

100% agree with everything here.

I know SM has kinda pushed NCT 127 in the US, but they could probably do a lot more with them. 127's sound and members are way more appealing to the US market, than who we have in SuperM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpop View Post

A Comeback by Brave Girls
                        Gorgeous! I've been a Brave Girls stan since 2011 (I was new-ish to K-Pop in 2010/2011 and remember buying Brave Girls' first single "The Difference" as it was just released because their debut was so hyped up) and have been with them even though they've had so many problems/line-up changes. I actually prefer the second line-up of BG since 2016, so I'm really happy to see these girls back after a 3 year hiatus. The song is really good and I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will get a follow-up with a mini-album or full album after this.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazycool View Post

Gorgeous! I've been a Brave Girls stan since 2011 (I was new-ish to K-Pop in 2010/2011 and remember buying Brave Girls' first single "The Difference" as it was just released because their debut was so hyped up) and have been with them even though they've had so many problems/line-up changes. I actually prefer the second line-up of BG since 2016, so I'm really happy to see these girls back after a 3 year hiatus. The song is really good and I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will get a follow-up with a mini-album or full album after this.
                          I really like this song and it's City Pop sound. I think the MV is clever in how it was made to look so retro

Comment

• Itzy comeback:

Dreamcatcher comeback:

Comment

• Another good comeback from Oneus imho, sad they are so underrated.

Obsessed with Boca btw, it grew on me so much!

Comment

• Hyolyn is back with her latest comeback, "Say My Name." Her EP of the same name is also out.

Comment

• Random, but anybody knows what happened to Kim Samuel? The last time I heard from his was when his father was killed (RIP).

He had so much potential but his label kept giving him those Chris Brown's Dance-Pop phase rejects and I guess at that time he hadn't found his sound yet.

Comment

• Ateez - Thanxx:

Cravity - Flame:

Comment

• Great comeback from Kard!

Comment

• Day6 is back with their first ever subunit, "Even of Day" and they just released their debut song, "Where the sea sleeps." Their mini album, The Book of Us: Gluon - Nothing can tear us apart comes out on streaming services tomorrow.

Comment

• ^ Its already out on spotify though!
                                          I really like this, as i love Day6. Though i hope Jae and Sungjin will return soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post
                                            ^ Its already out on spotify though!
                                            I really like this, as i love Day6. Though i hope Jae and Sungjin will return soon!
                                            Is it? I don't see on there right now, but I'm from the U.S., so it's not there right now.

Comment

Is it? I don't see on there right now, but I'm from the U.S., so it's not there right now.
                                              Yeah, its not on the Day6 artist page, but on Day6 Even Of Day since it's a subunit. I was looking in the wrong place at first too!

Comment

• Lovelyz is back with their latest comeback, "Obliviate." Their 7th mini album, Unforgettable, is now out.

Comment

Lovelyz is back with their latest comeback, "Obliviate." Their 7th mini album, Unforgettable, is now out.
                                                  Never really got into Lovelyz, but this is good from them. I've always like that they're quite a classy group in terms of their visuals

Comment

• A.C.E comeback

Lunarsolar debut

Comment

Working...
                                                    X