Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best Christmas album!

Christmas time, mistletoe and wine...
    Actually, screw the mistletoe, just give me wine!
    Actually, make it a pint!

Anyway, christmas is a coming and i've dug out all my best Christmas albums. But I wanna know what everyones favourite Christmas albums are!

I have 2 favourites.
    Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas
    Ist not a bad album and if ur a fan of Mariah you wont mind listening to her singing carols, and it also has the excellent 'All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth' - or was that Liam Gallagher's song? :-?

My other favourite is
    Destiny's child - 8 days of Christmas
    I wasnt expecting much of this last year but its not a bad album. The girls didnt make a traditional Christmas album and fileld classic tunes with some new festive songs over hip-hop beats. The result was a great album which featurse the DC girls take on '12 days of Christmas' - '8 days of Christmas'
    When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
    Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th

Okay, well here are the Christmas albums I own, which I've rated & ranked. Some of them you won't have heard of, as they're contemporary Christian artists, but others you will have.

7) Various: Platinum Christmas - this Christmas compilation seemed like a good idea at the time, but turned out to be a collection of tacky songs performed by big names. Some good tracks, but overall didn't fit together that well. 3/10

6) Crystal Lewis: Holiday! - this Christian artist's Christmas CD is okay, but all the songs sound the same. It's an easy-listening style album and unlike other material she's produced that I like. Overall a disappointment. 4/10

5) Christina Aguilera: My Kind Of Christmas - again, okay, but far from brilliant. 5/10

4) Destiny's Child: 8 Days Of Christmas - a good album from Destiny's Child. Perhaps sounds a little tacky in places, but the title track is very good, as is Michelle's version of 'Oh Holy Night'. 7/10

3) En Vogue: The Gift of Christmas - vocally, this is better than DC's album but, production-wise, is worse in places. Some of the songs are too short, while others sound cheap. Slightly better than DC's. 7.5/10

2) Yolanda Adams: Christmas With - US mainstream gospel singer. This album comes so close to being my no 1 Christmas album. The songs are original, 'Christmassy' and her vocals are brilliant 9/10

1) Nicole C Mullen: Christmas in Black & White - Christian R&B singer. Her vocals are great, while the songs are mostly original compositions which sample and feature well-known Christmas songs. 10/10
    Get thinking

Live life

Comment

Re: The best Christmas album!

Originally posted by Dazzle
      Christmas time, mistletoe and wine...
      Actually, screw the mistletoe, just give me wine!
      Actually, make it a pint!
      Ah the true meaning of Xmas! Get together with family members you don't really know and get drunk so you don't have to remember it!

I don't own any Xmas albums. I'd just never listen to them! If I did buy one I'd go for one of the comps rather than a specific artist.

Comment

I only own one Christmas album and I brought it for the bargain price of only $6.99!! That's about 3 pound. But anywayz the album is "Mr Hankey's Christmas Classics" and while their are a few boring ones, most of them put a unique spin on the festive carols - Eric Cartman does "O Holy Night" (watch out Michelle DC3). They also have original tracks like Mr Garrison's "Merry F-----g Christmas" and the extremely cool "Dreidel" by the boys.

It's all class. ;)
        Baaaaad relationship??
        The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

Originally posted by Muzikritik
          They also have original tracks like Mr Garrison's "Merry F-----g Christmas"
          Ohh lmao I so have to download that again! It's Jesus'sssss birthday Oh man I have to listen to that right now, I need a laugh.

Dreidel too, that's so cute
          http://profiles.myspace.com/users/6321635

Comment

I love all the South Park songs. Musically they're really well written (the score and stuff) but lyrically they have me rolling about on the floor!

Comment

Aah south park in the good ole days before they implied the shock value! Merry f*****g Christmas is the funniest alternative Christmas song ever, apart from Slipknot's take of 'White Christmas'.
              When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
              Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th

Comment

The only christmas album I have is Christina Aguilera's, so i'll say that one is the best!
                Riposarsi Negli Pesca Madre - 1960 - 2004
                Ti Voglio Bene! Per cortesìa orologio io!

Comment

There's only ever been two good Xmas songs.

'Donna & Blitzen' by Badly Drawn Boy
                  and
                  'Fairytale Of New York' by The Pogues and whats-her-face.

So the best Xmas album is the soundtrack to 'About A Boy', which, as it was made by BDB, has his song on it (as it was only released as a limited single of about 500 copies, I missed it first time.)
                  This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzle View Post
                    My other favourite is
                    Destiny's child - 8 days of Christmas
                    I wasnt expecting much of this last year but its not a bad album. The girls didnt make a traditional Christmas album and fileld classic tunes with some new festive songs over hip-hop beats. The result was a great album which featurse the DC girls take on '12 days of Christmas' - '8 days of Christmas'
                    I just listened to this album for the very first time in full!It's one of the worst albums but there are some great songs (that one would like as a DC fan). Other than that, do not ever listen to this album. It's going to give you a headache!

Comment

I can’t say that I have listened to many Christmas albums but Mariah‘s first Christmas album is as perfect as it can get.
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I don't listen to much Christmas music unless one of my faves happens to have a seasonal album. Most of them are all the same.

Mariah's Merry Christmas. The first Christmas album I ever heard when I was a 7 year old kid.
                        Kate Bush - 50 words for snow. Not a Christmas album perse but more an ode to winter and snow. Absolutely stunning.
                        Tori Amos - Midwinter Graces. Took a long to grow on me but I like it a lot now.
                        Sufjan Stevens and his huge load of Christmas music, just lovely.
                        Sarah McLachlan - Wintersong. I especially adore the title track, very moving.
                        Last edited by Hejira; Sat December 14th, 2019, 20:18.
                        "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                        https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                        "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

cd/vinyl collection instagram
                          http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Comment

Barbras 1967 album, the blueprint for all the girls who followed. Stunning album.

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

I associate My Kind Of Christmas by Xtina with my childhood. I have a great fondness for this album. I prefer individual songs instead of whole albums.

This Christmas is that song.
                                Xtina/GoldLink/Slayer/Mobb Deep/KAYTRANADA/2Pac/Snoh ​​Aalegra

Comment

In no particular order:

Both Xmas albums by Mariah Carey

Both Xmas albums by Linda Eder

Hey Santa! / Carnie & Wendy Wilson

And classic Christmas albums by Bing Crosby, Jim Reeves, Carpenters
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                                    I just listened to this album for the very first time in full!It's one of the worst albums but there are some great songs (that one would like as a DC fan). Other than that, do not ever listen to this album. It's going to give you a headache!

I have to say their version of Carol Of The Bells is excruciating, it used to be on our works playlist at Christmas and everyone time it came on I wanted to bang my head against a wall.
                                    1 Sigma|2 Jack Wins |3 The Killersl |4 Victoria|5 Destiny |

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                      I have to say their version of Carol Of The Bells is excruciating, it used to be on our works playlist at Christmas and everyone time it came on I wanted to bang my head against a wall.
                                      So true! Looks like the girls were left in the studio to arrange of of the songs without any professional help.

Comment

Destiny's Child - 8 Days Of Christmas is my favorite of all time, but I also love Kelly Clarkson's and Mariah's first one.
                                        thank u, next

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                          In no particular order:

Both Xmas albums by Mariah Carey

Both Xmas albums by Linda Eder

Hey Santa! / Carnie & Wendy Wilson

And classic Christmas albums by Bing Crosby, Jim Reeves, Carpenters
                                          How could I forget to mention:

Kylie Minogue | Kylie Christmas

Gerard Joling | Christmas, The Birth Of Love
                                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                          X