Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your current earworm

Hey guys,

I couldn't find a thread about earworms, so I felt like starting one.

Post here the songs that keep rotating in your head! And tell us if you even like the song or not - we all know that even songs we don't like can turn into earworms ;) Theory: A song turning into an earworm is very likely when you just listen to part of the song and don't listen it in full until the end. However, often it's simply catchy tunes/lyrics/parts of the song that stay in your head.

So I'll start:

The Killers - Shot At The Night

I listened to many songs on my way to work, but this one always comes back to my mind... especially the part "once in a lifetime... " and then the chorus.

Fergie's Glamorous keeps on getting stuck in my head. The verse about Taco Bell, chorus & Luda's rap are on repeat.
    late.

Comment

This morning Heartbreaker remix was my earworm.
      NoHype.

my lousy cover of "Sway"https://soundcloud.com/nyein-chann-a...n-martin-cover

Comment

Rizzle Kicks - Demolition Man keeps popping up on my mind every few days for a month now. I'm the dem, I'm the, I'm the dem, I'm the, I'm the demolition mannn

Comment

Right now ?
          Timberrrrr
          and for all time : Diamonds

Comment

Today I saw myself singin' the chorus of Walking on Air

Comment

KISSES DOWN LOW

Comment

These days it's Madonna - Time Stood Still
                When we lose what we love
                Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                When we lose what we love
                Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

I am singing Shine bright like a diamond... whole day cause my teacher's forehad was glowing.
                  Pleasure over matter.

Comment

Originally posted by RaFanatic
                    I am singing Shine bright like a diamond... whole day cause my teacher's forehad was glowing.

Comment

Nelly Furtado - Parking Lot

the ''na na na'' part in the chorus is, like, the definition of catchiness
                      last.fm

Comment

be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik
                          Fergie's Glamorous keeps on getting stuck in my head. The verse about Taco Bell, chorus & Luda's rap are on repeat.
                          It def was an earworm in 2007! The verses are so sticky...

You own the thread till now

Originally posted by mrlemonade
                          Nelly Furtado - Parking Lot

the ''na na na'' part in the chorus is, like, the definition of catchiness
                          Somebody appreciating TSI, nice

--

I got a new one this evening:

Lorde - Tennis Court

I like it, but it doesn't smash me yet. The way she sings is catchy however, that counts for Royals as well.
                          One sound in the background reminds of a song that was released in the previous years... I feel like 2006... Need to find it out...

Comment

Aaah got it! This one sound in the background of "Tennis Court" reminds me of "Clumsy" by Fergie - do you know what I mean?

"Clumsy" has also been an earworm... Fergie really had catchy tunes on her album.

Comment

Lorde reminds me of a mix between Marina & The Diamonds and Cher Lloyd.
                              My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

S&M by Rihanna

My friend and I started singing it in class and the teacher kept looking as us like we were crazy

Comment

This is hardly a game.

PSB - Closer to Heaven
                                  last.fm
                                  Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

Katy Perry's "Walking on Air" fits the bill for me.

Originally posted by Chun
                                    This is hardly a game.
                                    Yeah, it'll probably be moved to Mad About Music.
                                    Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Going to move this to MAM since this isn't a game....and technically, this is pretty close to our "song of the day" thread, so I'm pretty close to locking this. Shall discuss with the rest of the mod team.
                                      Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgostar
                                        Going to move this to MAM since this isn't a game....and technically, this is pretty close to our "song of the day" thread, so I'm pretty close to locking this. Shall discuss with the rest of the mod team.
                                        But the song of your day you probably love, whereas this must not be true for an ear worm It's more about (too) catchy songs ;)
                                        And why are you talking about a game? Did somebody move it to Games? I started the thread in MAM...

Comment

Originally posted by Kai
                                          But the song of your day you probably love, whereas this must not be true for an ear worm It's more about (too) catchy songs ;)
                                          And why are you talking about a game? Did somebody move it to Games? I started the thread in MAM...
                                          No, the thread was made in games section.

Comment

Today it's Lady Gaga - Aura, such a f**king weird and awesome tune! Seems unbelievable that the woman who made songs like Just Dance a couple of years ago is making songs like Aura now. And I mean that as a big compliment, she evolved nicely.
                                            last.fm

Comment

Thanks for moving this! An earworm lives longer than a day. It's like three days at least. So there is a difference.

Aura could be a potential earworm for me.
                                              last.fm

Comment

Havana Brown - Warrior

I stand like a soldier ye eh
                                                I strike like a tiger
                                                I stand like a soldier ye eh
                                                I march like a champion

I'm gonna dance dance dance , to the beat of my drum
                                                Gonna feel my blood running wild and young
                                                I'm gonna dance dance dance , to the beat of my drum
                                                Like a warrior or or
                                                WAARRRIIIIOOOOORRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by Chun
                                                  Thanks for moving this! An earworm lives longer than a day. It's like three days at least. So there is a difference.
                                                  You could combine them and rename the thread to "Your song of the moment", I guess.

Comment

No, why merging or locking this, it's not the same.

Comment

Too similar in my opinion.

Comment

This and Your Song Of The Day aren't the same thing IMO. This is about songs that get stuck in your head. Having a song in your head doesn't neccessarily mean it's my song of the day!

I've had Little Mix - Love Drunk in my head for a couple of days for some reason, which is weird :-?
                                                        I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
                                                          Too similar in my opinion.
                                                          No it's not. Not as long as we treat it differently. A moment is not a day and not three days. It's much shorter. Like the blink of an eye or something. You could open a thread called Your song of the moment but that would keep us busy with posting stupidity.
                                                          last.fm

Comment

I now see that it's different but I'm still going to be against this thread as much as Timmy is against leaks.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X