No announcement yet.

Verzuz Battle: Brandy vs Monica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually not familiar with either one of these artist's discographies. Let me check out all the songs posted so far.

Comment

• Preyoncé
      Preyoncé commented
      Editing a comment
      The Asiacity!

Brandy

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
      I'm actually not familiar with either one of these artist's discographies. Let me check out all the songs posted so far.

Comment

Brandy

(Although Monica's song is also fantastic)

Comment

Brandy. Love Full Moon. Especially the single remix.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Onto the next one.

Round 4:
            Brandy - I Wanna Be Down (Original into Remix)
            Monica - Dont Take It Personal

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

I Wanna Be Down
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Really hard but Just One of Dem Days.
                Originally posted by beredy
                When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

I Wanna Be Down

Comment

Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                    I Wanna Be Down

Comment

Brandy - I Wanna Be Down

Comment

I'm going to give the edge to Monica here - felt very Lauryn Hill to me.

Comment

I thought I was a bigger Brandy fan than Monica, but after the Verzuz, I realised that I prefer Monica's hits. She also has more album tracks that are more real (street wise) than Brandy album tracks. Brandy appears to have more commercial hits, that appeals to a wider public, than Monica, whom targets her core audience only (urban).
                          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

I prefer Brandy, but on these two songs it's Monica for me: Don't Take It Personal.

Shame Monica's albums are not all available on Spotify.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                              I'm going to give the edge to Monica here - felt very Lauryn Hill to me.
                              Lauryn Hill wasn’t even a thing when that song came out. In that sense, Monica originated that sound!

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                I prefer Brandy, but on these two songs it's Monica for me: Don't Take It Personal.

Shame Monica's albums are not all available on Spotify.
                                I think most of them are on YT. I’d recommend her debut, The Boy Is Mine (album) and After The Storm, as well as the song All Eyez On Me, which I think would be more your style because it’s so poppy.

Comment

Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                                  I thought I was a bigger Brandy fan than Monica, but after the Verzuz, I realised that I prefer Monica's hits. She also has more album tracks that are more real (street wise) than Brandy album tracks. Brandy appears to have more commercial hits, that appeals to a wider public, than Monica, whom targets her core audience only (urban).
                                  I’ve always preferred Goonica over Bran but Bran is no slouch, she has just as many chocolate classiks.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                    I think most of them are on YT. I’d recommend her debut, The Boy Is Mine (album) and After The Storm, as well as the song All Eyez On Me, which I think would be more your style because it’s so poppy.
                                    I'll try some songs of The Boy Is Mine and After The Storm (plus All Eyez On Me) as they are on Spotify.

Comment

Onto the next one.

Round 5:
                                      Brandy - Baby
                                      Monica - Like This and Like That

Comment

Brandy

Comment

Monica

Comment

Baby
                                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I’m going to have to go with Goonica on this one.

Comment

I love both of these songs!

But I'll go with Monica this time.

Comment

Monica - Like This and Like That

Comment

Working...
                                                  X