X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakira - Whenever, Wherever
    Originally posted by beredy
    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Poll runs until 11:15PM AEST Friday 24th April 2020. (although the system to me is placing my posts as if we are still on DST, an hour ahead. might see if I can fix that),
      Last edited by Affillate; Tue April 21st, 2020, 14:51. Reason: what am i doing putting another week on it, its not 1st may this friday. haha.
      UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Whenever, wherever
        We're meant to be together
        I'll be there and you'll be near
        And that's the deal my dear

Comment

• In Your Eyes

I don't see a poll though.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
            In Your Eyes

I don't see a poll though.
            its at the bottom of the first post, not at the top like the old forum.

Also edited the date to 24th April, Its not 1st May this Friday its next, dosent need quite that long for the final.
            Last edited by Affillate; Tue April 21st, 2020, 14:52.

Comment

• Whenever Wherever. Although I preferred the two songs that just left.

Comment

• There are only 4 votes so far. I wonder if others can find the poll.
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes
                  Last FM <3
                  Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivica View Post
                    Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes
                    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• Shakira!

i dont find a poll
                      VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
                      ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

• Whenever, Wherever.

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                        Shakira!

i dont find a poll
                        You have to go to the OP on page one.
                        Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

• In Your Eyes
                          "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Comment

• In Your Eyes

Comment

Comment

• In Your Eyes. I loved growing up in 2000-2003 Kylie-mania.

Comment

• Kylie - In Your Eyes
                                    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Kylie
                                      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Mainshow Erotica Leo JakeP Nostalgiee You can find the poll on the opening post down the bottom. Adding those votes to the poll I think Kylie's still in front by a few votes lead. You have another couple hours (about jjust under 10 hours I think) to vote.

Enjoy both songs a lot, I'll throw a vote towards Shakira.

Comment

• Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                                          You can find the poll on the opening post down the bottom. Adding those votes to the poll I think Kylie's still in front by a few votes lead. You have another couple hours (about jjust under 10 hours I think) to vote.

Enjoy both songs a lot, I'll throw a vote towards Shakira.
                                          Thanks for the heads up. Weird how the poll doesn't appear at the top of the thread.

Comment

• finally found the poll but it is expired lol
                                            anyway, my vote for Shakira was not enough for it to win
                                            Good final anyway
                                            VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
                                            ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                              finally found the poll but it is expired lol
                                              anyway, my vote for Shakira was not enough for it to win
                                              Good final anyway
                                              That's ok, I can see who voted for what so votes in the thread still count. Just like to make it flashy with the poll for the finale. Will update in the morning or sometime.

Comment

• ARIA #1 Singles of 2002

01. Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes
                                                02. Shakira - Whenever, Wherever
                                                03. Holly Valance - Kiss Kiss
                                                04. Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
                                                05. Delta Goodrem - Born To Try
                                                06. Las Ketchup - Aserejé (The Ketchup Song)
                                                ​​​​​​=07. Shakira - Underneath Your Clothes
                                                Pink - Get The Party Started
                                                09. Avril Lavigne - Complicated
                                                10. Eminem - Lose Yourself
                                                11. Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland - Dilemma
                                                =12. Enrique Iglesias - Hero
                                                Eminem - Without Me
                                                14. Scooter - The Logical Song
                                                15. Scott Cain - I'm Moving On
                                                16. Kasey Chambers - Not Pretty Enough
                                                17. Elvis Presley Vs. JXL - A Little Less Conversation
                                                18. DJ Ötzi - Hey Baby (Uhh, Ahh)
                                                Ok so 10 - 7 in the poll, but 13-8 votes with the thread votes added in, Kylie takes out her third title of the series with In Your Eyes over Shakira's Whenever, Wherever.

In Your Eyes was #1 for a week in Jan-Feb taking over from Hero, leading into the six week run of Whenever Wherever (joint longest #1 along with Complicated for 2002) into March when Not Pretty Enough took over. (additional fact about Not Pretty Enough, the Album Barricades and Brickwalls reached #3 on the EOY Albums chart, sandwiched between Laundry Service at #2 and Fever at #4).

We've been through a few of Kylie's ARIA chart facts (and she'll reappear in 2003's list, also 1987 we have not yet done, or 1994), so just on the #1 Fever album, Cant Get You Outta My Head was of course #1 in 2001, the next two singles after In Your Eyes went Top 5 (Love At First Sight, #3 (#2 in the UK) &amp; Come Into My World #4 (also winning a Grammy in 2004).

Shakira had been active throughout the 1990's, however Whenever, Wherever, was her breakthrough into English (it also has a Spanish version titled 'Suerte'). Underneath Your Clothes also went #1, while Objection (Tango) (which also has a Spanish version) reached #2 on the ARIA Singles chart from Laundry Service. Shakira will reappear in the list for 2006.

In Your Eyes was #70 on the EOY Singles Chart, according to Wikipedia; whilst Whenever Wherever was #2.

Final Results:
                                                Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes 13
                                                Shakira - Whenever, Wherever 8
                                                2002 Wiki Lists

​​​​​
                                                cover from discogs page

THANKS FOR PLAYING!

Comment

• Not a bad winner, though Kylie has had much better.

Comment

• She’s definitely got better songs but a worthy winner!
                                                    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

Working...
                                                    X