Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Game] The Artists League - Season 5 - Winner announced!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I was expecting New Shoes from Paolo and something different from Laura, like Resta In Ascolto/Escucha Atento
    Paolo Nutini wins since it's a better effort in its own hipster artistry; not that I'm head over heels over it, either. Laura's is just an extension of La Solitudine, at least she plagiarises herself well (as the song is lovely overall)..

FTW: Paolo Nutini
    trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
    trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• THE FINAL

LAURA PAUSINI - Incancellabile

Comment

• Paolo
        last.fm

Comment

• So hard...

Paolo has a very strong entry. Great rendition, like 110% of his heart put in this version. Although I felt a cover for the final was a complicated decision, I must say that I understood why as I listened to this, and think its a great choice!

Laura is a personal fav and this song was for me a confirmation back then of her talent. It was the second album edited in Argentina from her and I was hooked. Eventually I was not a big fan of her, but a couple of years ago I started to go through her discography and realized I love her.

My vote goes to Laura, for what she means to me, for her body of work, for this song and for a first non-english language artist taking the crown. But Paolo will be a fantastic winner in case he makes it. Opposite from Thriller, I find this final worthy.
          VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
          ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

• He's pretty soulful for a white guy, but I'm not a big fan of Paolo or his style of music.
            Laura on the other hand had another nice song so she gets my vote.

Nostalgiee I'm surprised you didn't include Un'emergenza D'amore in this competition. I checked out more of her discography and this is my favourite song of hers. The Spanish version is equally as good!

Comment

• Laura Pausini
              You drew stars around my scars

Comment

• Sorry for the delay - been without a computer the last couple days.

Really pleased with the bronze for Bonnie - she seemed to keep just getting by. Felt kind of guilty about Bonnie's last win considering the mix-up in Susanne's song selection. Bonnie has a ton of albums so I was trying to spread the songs out over her career. I am highly amused that the Nick of Time album is the one that was her Achilles heel here. It was the only album I went to twice, and the song I chose lost both times. Originally, I was going to pick a song from her last album released in 2016 called Gypsy In Me, but didn't think it would resonate.

LastDreamer and Wayne - I'm so, so happy you guys enjoyed her music. I was initially hesitant to choose her because she's an older artist, but I stan for her like UKMix stans Mimi, and have been wanting a place to showcase her songs.

Every artist has something I enjoyed, but the six artists that I most enjoyed were Paolo, Carrie, Nightwish, M People, Shannon, and Mamamoo. It's a shame most of those were clumped together in the tournament. I think I gave the most wins pre-tournament to Mamamoo.

My vote goes to Paolo - Laura's definitely got the pipes, but I don't think that song showed it so much. Paolo's voice was heartfelt.

Comment

• Two great songs for the Finale, I really enjoyed Laura's, bit of an Epic feel. So Laura Pausini FTW.

Her song Limpido is cool too (I submitted it in the FSC Nov 2016 and theres also a version with Kylie Minogue).
                  UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Hoping matthew_dixon Thriller LastDreamer and Tansike can vote in this final round!

Comment

• Tansike
                      Tansike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the tag. Unfortunately, I have barely time for my own stuff these days... so I probably won't make it.

• Paolo Nutini for me please!

Comment

• Excited to see who's gonna win.
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• It took us 2 months to reach this final, and I want to thank all players for bringing a very diverse set of artists to the game: K-Pop, country pop, alt-rock,... males, felames, bands,... french, italians, british,...

Congratulations Laura for becoming the first non-english artist to win a League! And congratulations Nostalgiee for submitting the winning artist! Hope to see you someday in Season 6!!!

Comment

• Great winner! Congrats, Nostalgiee for the winning submission, and many thanks, Leo, for the great job you did as host! This was fun. I think I'll definitely be back for S6.
                          Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

• Congratulations to Nostalgiee for winning the competition, especially with a non English speaking act. I really enjoyed becoming better acquainted with Laura's body of work and she proved a deserving winner. I also really enjoyed discovering Susanne Sundfør who placed fairly well too. A big thank you to Leo for hosting! I'll be back for season 6.

Comment

• So glad that Italy did win in the end
                              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Congrats Nostalgiee, great deserving winner!

Thanks Leo for hosting.
                                My fav discovery of this season must be Lo Stato Sociale!
                                You drew stars around my scars

Comment

• Thank you very much everyone, I am delighted to continue to highlight Italian music here and also through my personal top.

Thank you Leo for this great game!

Comment

• Great to see how everyone had to "surrender" to Laura Pausini.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Nostalgiee
                                      Congratulations on winning this game! Didn't see that coming.... Well done¨!

Leo
                                      Great presentation, visual concept and hosting!

Comment

• Sorry for double posting!

This is my discovery! Love at first listen!
                                        Shame, this song went completely over my head when originally released. Glad for this game for reconnecting with Shannon Noll and enjoying this gem.

Affillate
                                        Look, it even broke into the Top 50 of my last.fm weekly Rock Chart:

28 - 54 -  2 - 28 - Southern Sky Shannon Noll - Warner Music Australia

Comment

• Congrats to the winner!

Thanks to everyone for introducing me to some really good artists! And thanks, Leo, for hosting this, especially with the impressive graphics. I'll have to think of who I want to introduce in the next season

Comment

• Thanks for every vote, which you gave for my all-time # 1 act.

Also I was shocked by awful results for "I Dangu" and "Brunetes Blondines'. Both are a signature songs in YVA discography.
                                            Last edited by LastDreamer; Sun July 12, 2020, 13:01.
                                            My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                            In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• I rather lost track of this - haven't logged in for a while. Paolo Nutini's had some nice songs, can't really argue that much with him winning I guess. Cheers for hosting a great game.

Comment

Working...
                                              X