Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Album Cup - The Greatest Hits Edition :: COMPLETE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Linda Ronstadt - Blue Bayou: 9/10 - oh my, this was so smooth.
    2 Will Young - Friday's Child: 9/10 - lengthy, but beautiful. Absolutely love the chorus.
    3 Sinead O'Connor - Fire On Babylon: 8.5/10 - come thru, emotion!
    4 INXS - Elegantly Wasted: 8.5/10 - classy!
    5 Chaka Khan - The End of a Love Affair: 8/10 - good, but I must admit that Chaka's been found wanting this round.
    6 Ane Brun - Rubber & Soul (feat. Teitur): 8/10 - lovely.
    Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2020: [#1!]
    Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2020: [#1!]
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2020: [#1!]

Comment

• 1. Will Young - Friday's Child
      2. INXS - Elegantly Wasted
      3. Ane Brun - Rubber & Soul (feat. Teitur)
      4. Sinead O'Connor - Fire On Babylon
      5. Chaka Khan - The End of a Love Affair
      6. Linda Ronstadt - Blue Bayou

Comment

• LEADERBOARD

1. (2) (2) (3) (2) (1) (3) (2) (2) (3.56)

2. (1) (1) (1) (6) (2) (5) (8) (3) (3.56)

3. (3) (3) (2) (3) (3) (6) (4) (8) (3.69)

4. (4) (5) (6) (1) (4) (1) (1) (10) (3.69)

JSparks and myself for submitting Chaka and Sinead! both artist battled but couldn't change their fate. Chaka got Song of the round TWICE with R1 I Feel for You and R5 Ain't Nobody, which in fact is the song that got the lowest score in a round! Sinead never got a SofR which may explain her departure now, although there is one of the finalists that also hasn't score any!
        VOTE2020 UKMIX HOT100 AWARDS
        VISIT Retro Charts Records on The Vault!

Comment

• Great final four and judging by the score, everything still seems to be possible at this point

Comment

• 1 INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
            2 Ane Brun - The Puzzle
            3 Linda Ronstadt - Different Drum
            4 Will Young - Who Am I
            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• RANK THEM 1 (FAV) to 4 (LEAST FAV)
              ROUND 10

1. INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
              2. Linda Ronstadt - Different Drum
              3. Ane Brun - The Puzzle
              4. Will Young - Who Am I

Comment

• 1. Linda Ronstadt
                2. INXS
                3. Will Young
                4. Ane Brun

Just want to say thanks to Leo again for this competition. I really enjoyed delving into everyone's entries, and even discovered some new songs for Linda, including this one, which I thought was a fitting song for her to end on. Never Tear Us Apart is an absolute classic. I wish What You Need had made an appearance - I love that one so much. Will Young's video, as so many of them have been, was really entertaining, and I actually thought this was a perfect final entry for Ane.

I wish Chaka could have made it this far as well. - what a great final entry that was submitted for her. From the limbo crowd, I most enjoyed: Tina Arena, which some fun bounce and tension to it; LaFee's alternation of talk-sing with rocking out; and Mylene - her entry, which reminded me a little of Bjork (and had an entertaining video as well like all of them) - really my favorite thing I think I've heard from her.

I associate Oh Yeah with Ferris Bueller I guess you couldn't really end with anything else for him!

Comment

• 2 Will Young - Who Am I (great one, was not expecting that chorus tbh, love it)

3 Linda Ronstadt - Different Drum (enjoyed this)

1 Ane Brun - The Puzzle (love this, weird melody/structure, but keep thinking I should’ve went with a emotional ballad type of song for closure.

4 INXS - Never Tear Us Apart (not really into them)

Loved the 1-3 songs
                  last.fm

Comment

• When you click on the link above, it's not Tina's Wasn't It Good. So I'll post it here if you want to hear the song I chose:

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• 3 Will Young - Who Am I
                      1 Linda Ronstadt - Different Drum: all in all I want her to win, and this song is a great cup closer.
                      2 Ane Brun - The Puzzle
                      4 INXS - Never Tear Us Apart

Comment

• 1 Will Young - Who Am I - giving it to my boy Will, gorgeous and understated song.
                        2 Ane Brun - The Puzzle - she’s been one of my favourite discoveries of the whole game, great consistency in terms of quality music submitted.
                        3 Linda Ronstadt - Different Drum - love this, love her.
                        4 INXS - Never Tear Us Apart - this is not one of my favourite songs generally, it’s alright.

Comment

• 1. Will Young - Who Am I

2. INXS - Never Tear Us Apart

3. Linda Ronstadt - Different Drum

4. Ane Brun - The Puzzle

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• ROUND 10

1 INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
                            2 Will Young - Who Am I
                            3 Linda Ronstadt - Different Drum
                            4 Ane Brun - The Puzzle

UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• 01. Ane Brun - The Puzzle [FAVE]
                              02. INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
                              03. Will Young - Who Am I
                              04. Linda Ronstadt - Different Drum

Clear winner in the final for me. But to be fair, I put Ane Brun at #1 in so many rounds, definitely the biggest discovery for me personally (side note: she released a new album last week and it's the first album I listened from her & it's beautiful!). INXS was also a nice discovery, as I read a lot about them but never knew what their music was, and it's good music!

Will started off strong, but got weaker through the Cup IMO. Still, now I know why he has some big fans, especially enjoyed his videos! Cool to finally got to know Linda, one of those "veteran" artists I read about, but didn't really know until now.

Comment

• Last day to vote! GaGarazzi and JSparksFan

Comment

• 1. Ane Brun - The Puzzle (a return to form with this one - her voice is sublime)
                                  2. INXS - Never Tear Us Apart (a classic, slightly overrated but a good one nonetheless)
                                  3. Will Young - Who Am I (loved the chorus)
                                  4. Linda Ronstadt - Different Drum (sweet song)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                    I put Ane Brun at #1 in so many rounds, definitely the biggest discovery for me personally (side note: she released a new album last week and it's the first album I listened from her & it's beautiful!).
                                    I think she released two albums within a two month period. Quarantine creativity maybe? This song is one of my favourites.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                      Last day to vote! GaGarazzi and JSparksFan
                                      Listening now!

Comment

• 1 Will Young - Who Am I: 8.2/10 - simple, but tender and beautiful. There's an emotional vocal moment towards the end that I loved.
                                        2 INXS - Never Tear Us Apart: 8/10 - I feel like I've liked most of the INXS songs I've heard and this is another quality one from them.
                                        3 Ane Brun - The Puzzle: 7.5/10 - good, but not memorable.
                                        4 Linda Ronstadt - Different Drum: 7.5/10 - good, but a plain and forgettable, though.

Comment

• LEADERBOARD

Congratulations Affillate for taking home the #1 spot with INXS!!!! The amazing australian band managed to stay in the top albums all through the game and is a deserved winner!!!

Thanks all the rest for joining and giving me the pleasureof hosting this legacy game! To follow the steps of Wardo and Carbon (I don't remember if there were other hosts) is a BIG honour and I didn't want to end my run in ukmix without hosting this! An Album Cup and a Mariah Survivor, and I am about to complete both!!! But don't worry, I am enjoying ukmix a lot

It was a very changing game, I liked that, although the last two rounds were so tight that there were no big changes ni the top. Thanks all, take care and see you around!!!!!

Comment

• So This was The Album Cup XIV and here is a recap of all winners and hosts!

The Album Cup :: Wardo :: 2013 :: 32 participants :: Prince - Purple Rain
                                            The Album Cup II :: Wardo :: 2013 :: 32 participants :: Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
                                            The Album Cup III :: Wardo :: 2013 :: 32 participants :: Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
                                            The Album Cup IV :: Wardo :: 2013 :: 32 participants :: Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am That's What I Am Not (Phew!)
                                            The Album Cup V :: Wardo :: 2013 :: 24 participants :: Kate Bush - Aerial
                                            The Album Cup VI :: Wardo :: 2014 :: 24 participants :: Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampireof the City
                                            The Album Cup VII :: Wardo :: 2014 :: 20 participants :: Robyn - Body Talk
                                            The Album Cup VIII :: Wardo :: 2015 :: 24 participants :: Depeche Mode - Violator
                                            The Album Cup IX :: Wardo :: 2015 :: 18 participants :: Interpol - Turn on the Bright Light
                                            The Album Cup X :: Carbon :: 2016 :: 24 participants :: Janet Jackson - Unbreakable
                                            The Album Cup XI :: Carbon :: 2016 :: 24 participants :: Yoko Ono - Approximately Infinite Universe
                                            The Album Cup XII :: Wardo :: 2016 :: 24 participants :: Madonna - Ray of Light
                                            The Album Cup XII :: Carbon:: 2017 :: 24 participants :: Fiona Apple - Tidal
                                            The Album Cup XIV :: Leo :: 2020 :: 14 participants :: INXS - The Very Best

So this was the one with the least number of interested participants :(
                                            - INXS ends a strike of 4 female artists winning this game in a row.
                                            - INXS is the fifth band to clam victory (I cosider Prince & the Revolution as a male artist). 7 female artists and 2 male artists complete the 14 winners.

Comment

• Thanks for doing a fabulous job of hosting this Leo!

I enjoyed participating in this, a couple of artists in particular who I’ve enjoyed listening to (Ane Brun was great throughout, loved Linda Ronstadt).

Well done Affilate - genius saving one of INXS most well known songs to the very end.

Comment

• INXS survived the first few rounds to win. Congratulations
                                                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Not into the winner, but congrats to Affiliate!!

Enjoyed the rest of the top 4. Thanks for hosting, Leo! Can’t believe it’s been 3 years since I last hosted, and that there was 24+ participants!

Let’s hope interest sparks again for future ones.
                                                  last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                  X