No announcement yet.

SONG COLLECTORS VI | WINNER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just sent my rates (sorry, hope i was not the last judge...)
    Some intersting choices, one terrible one...
    CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
    FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• JSparksFan Wayne Still to get votes come from

Comment

• Originally posted by Affillate View Post
        JSparksFan Wayne Still to get votes come from
        If it's not too late, I'll try to get my votes to you by tomorrow morning (EST).
        Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2022: [75-71]
        Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2022: [Starting 12/19]
        Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2022: [Starting 12/26]
        Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#17]
        Akini's Favourite Music Videos: [50-46]
        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Anti-Hero (4 weeks)
        AlbumClash 2.0: [Rosalía vs. Steve Lacy]

History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes.

Comment

• Sent my scores.

Not sure if it's the fault of the theme or the choices themselves, but I wasn't feeling this round as much as previous rounds (too many obvious choices, I was hoping for more obscure #1s - there were a couple but mostly obvious).

Comment

• *Flashy bits warning*

Results are in! Calvin Harris & Rihanna's This Is What You Came For was a June #1 in 2016.

ROUND 6 - 7-UP - RESULTS

ABBA - Dancing Queen [trebor]
            LEO: Safe place. Great song. 3,0
            JSPARKSFAN: Divine disco classic. 6
            WAYNE: ABBA - Dancing Queen - probably one of the most instantly recognisable songs that has ever been made, you can't help but love it. I award the song 5.0 points.

Carole King - I Feel The Earth Move [Spartan]
            LEO: Good song from a great time. 4,5
            JSPARKSFAN: Soulful classic. 4.5
            WAYNE: Carole King - I Feel The Earth Move - I really love her big hits, even though Tapestry was a major record, I find her to be very underrated generally. This is probably her biggest hit and it's a classic. I award the song 5.0 points.

Donkeyboy - Ambitions [flopho]
            LEO: An ok song, wnjoyed the video. 4,0
            JSPARKSFAN: This is a deep-pocket pick and I love it! It's so uplifting and optimistic. 5.5
            WAYNE: Donkeyboy - Ambitions - much prefer the Joe McElderry version, this lacks energy. I award this song 3.0 points.

Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel [sonia85]
            LEO: Wow, this player is playing right. 6,0
            JSPARKSFAN: Beautiful, emotive vocals on this one. I liked it. 4.5
            WAYNE: Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel - very interesting choice, one of his more underrated big hits. I award the song 4.0 points.

Juanes - La Camisa Negra [cheapthrills]
            LEO: Ok, I am the meanest judge obviously so a spanish entry ensures a good rate from my side. Good strategy if it was on purpose. 5,5
            JSPARKSFAN: Definitely appreciated the Latin vibes on this one. Would've liked for the beat to be even more hard-hitting, though. 4
            WAYNE: Juanes - La Camisa Negra - this was quite lovely, and a less obvious choice. I award the song 4.5 points.

Lady Gaga ft. Ariana Grande - Rain On Me [Affillate]
            LEO: Im sorry, I just dislike this song a lot. I'm sure the other judges will praise it, but for me it's safe land and a bad song… 2,0
            JSPARKSFAN: A fun, grower of a pop bop. Great video. 5
            WAYNE: Lady Gaga ft. Ariana Grande - Rain On Me - I like it but I find it overrated in equal measure. I award the song 3.5 points.

Rihanna ft. Jay-Z - Umbrella [Colbie]
            LEO: Another safe spot, but good song. 3,0
            JSPARKSFAN: A brilliant jewel of a pop masterpiece that's ageing like fine wine. Toast of the round for me. 6
            WAYNE: Rihanna ft. Jay-Z - Umbrella - classic, not feeling it. I award the song 3.5 points.

Sonique - It Feels So Good [Thriller]
            LEO: Solid choice! 5,0
            JSPARKSFAN: Good, but too repetitive for my liking. 4
            WAYNE: Sonique - It Feels So Good - yesss! One of my favourite dance tracks EVER. I loved Sonique, my mum used to play her music so much when I was growing up. This is an exceptional choice, they don't make music like this anymore. Predict that this is either Pete or Mike that's picked this. I award the song 5.5 points.

Yazoo - Nobody's Diary [navi]
            LEO: I love other Yazoo songs, this is ok, but it's a great choice of a band. 5,0
            JSPARKSFAN: The music itself wasn't particularly gripping, but I did enjoy the lyrics. 4
            WAYNE: Yazoo - Nobody's Diary - man, Alison's voice was absolutely phenomenal. Loved hearing this again - haven't heard it in years. I award the song 5.5 points.

Scores Round 6
            Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel sonia85 14.5
            Sonique - It Feels So Good Thriller 14.5
            Yazoo - Nobody's Diary navi 14.5
            ABBA - Dancing Queen trebor 14
            Carole King - I Feel The Earth Move Spartan 14
            Juanes - La Camisa Negra cheapthrills 14
            Donkeyboy - Ambitions flopho 12.5
            Rihanna ft. Jay-Z - Umbrella Colbie 12.5
            Lady Gaga ft. Ariana Grande - Rain On Me Affillate 10.5
            R5 R6 R5 & R6 Total
            sonia85 16.5 14.5 31
            cheapthrills 16.5 14 30.5
            navi 15 14.5 29.5
            Thriller 14 14.5 28.5
            flopho 15 12.5 27.5
            Spartan 11.5 14 25.5
            trebor 11 14 25
            Colbie 12 12.5 24.5
            Affillate 11.5 10.5 22
            All Rounds R5 & 6 Total ending R6
            Cheapthrills 61.5 30.5 92
            sonia85 52 31 83
            Thriller 54 28.5 82.5
            flopho 54.5 27.5 82
            navi 52.5 29.5 82
            trebor 54 25 79
            Spartan 52.5 25.5 78
            Colbie 50.5 24.5 75
            Affillate 47 22 69
            There were 3 Top songs that round. As I bottomed out in both R5&R6 Combined and Cumulative all rounds total, Colbie makes an escape and its another Non Elim round; but is on notice for next round, which will be a DOUBLE ELIMINATION even If I run last again. to get us to the Final 6 (plus myself). It will be the 2nd last round that trebor can use the immunity pass along with the song submission, as you have run 2nd last again in Round 6, may consider playing it?

Once we reach the Final 6, the non-elim if I run last on both charts will end as we enter the home stretch to the Final (and to get this moving along), so it will be whoever lands on the bottom.

Round 7 Theme Coming Up soon.

Contestants
            1. Colbie
            2. Thriller
            6. flopho
            7. sonia85
            8. navi
            9. Spartan
            10. trebor
            11. cheapthrills
            12. Affillate

Comment

• Particularly glad Sonique and Yazoo performed well.

I thought cheapthrills would be behind Carole for some reason.

Comment

• ROUND 7 - CA$H MON€¥

Australia just aired a Fifth Season of Celebrity Apprentice in the last few weeks, with a new Boss, Lord Sugar (who does the UK Version of the show). It returns after the last season aired in 2015. The Theme song, 'For The Love Of Money' by The O'Jays, had me thinking of this rounds theme, Songs based around themes of Money or Wealth.

Lets set the deadline for submission by Wednesday 23rd June for now.

trebor your safe pass is still in play, Just a reminder that it is NOT AUTOMATIC to kick in if you are bottom of the board, you must tell me with your song submission if you want to equip it just in case, you were bottom 2 last round, and may use it until the Top 6 (Which will be last 7 contestants, including my wildcard).

This Round will be a DOUBLE ELIMINATION, so think carefully and perhaps strategically.

Contestants
                1. Colbie
                2. Thriller
                3. flopho
                4. sonia85
                5. navi
                6. Spartan
                7. trebor
                8. cheapthrills
                9. Affillate

Comment

• Woop for Sonique, I just knew she’d be a good choice!

Thinking about this theme…

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                    Particularly glad Sonique and Yazoo performed well.

I thought cheapthrills would be behind Carole for some reason.
                    Not a bad guess at all - I love that song! And I commented about Tapestry's 50th anniversary in Pop Talk a while back.

Leo, it did cross my mind that you might appreciate it, but I was only too happy to use Juanes as that's one of my all-time favorite songs.

Comment

• Also this theme is

Comment

• I will definitely be out after this new round, it was nice knowing yall
                        Last edited by Colbie; Sun June 20, 2021, 16:44.

Comment

• Interesting theme this time, look forward to seeing what people submit.

Comment

• Got a few song ideas for this theme.

Comment

• I will send something tomorrow. Quite hard choice this time.

Comment

• Nearly forgot about this, sent!

Comment

• Just waiting on flopho and trebor 's submissions.

Comment

• not sure about trebor
                                    he's having just one post in the last 10 days

Comment

• If trebor hasn’t responded by tomorrow maybe we have to go on without him, which would be a shame. Hope he’s okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                                        If trebor hasn’t responded by tomorrow maybe we have to go on without him, which would be a shame. Hope he’s okay.
                                        Ill Maybe force invoke his safe pass then in that case theres only one more round he will get to use it anyway trebor hope all is well with you!.

I Have everyone else's submissions.

Comment

• Any progress on how this round is going?

Comment

• I forget what I entered

Comment

• Sending Songs to Judges now. if trebor dosent submit next round (I'm invoking his safe pass for this round), it will be Final 4 after that and probably close to wrapping up. either the round after or Final 2.

Comment

• Songs Sent to Judges

Leo JSparksFan Wayne
                                                Here's a bit of Jessie J ft. B.O.B. - Price Tag:

Comment

• I've sent my scores in - two songs let the round down, everything else was 4.5-5.0 with one 5.5.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X