SONG COLLECTORS VI | WINNER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleh! It's rigged, it's rigged...
    Next time I'm definitely going to be a judge!
    Good luck guys!
    trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
    trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
      A song from a musical that didn’t get me eliminated from this competition for once. Colour me shook.
      It's so different for you when I'm not a judge

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

It's so different for you when I'm not a judge
        The song is from Hamilton so I’m sure you’d approve.

Comment

• Originally posted by navi View Post
          i'm sure that flopho is secure his place in the final with this big score,
          congratulations
          From the sounds of it the remaining rounds are scored individually and don’t take the previous round into account.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

From the sounds of it the remaining rounds are scored individually and don’t take the previous round into account.
            oh yes, didn't see that at first
            + we're goin' to submit two songs each

Comment

• The scores were preciously close this round!
              Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time [2022 Edition: #95]
              Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 As It Was [4 weeks]
              AlbumClash 2.0: [Florence + the Machine vs. Harry Styles]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

• Clear winner with a magnificent entry from flopho but scores otherwise very close with the rest of the entries - good quality round overall.

Comment

• ROUND 11 - WITH OR WITHOUT YOU

U2 had a song with this title in 1987. Round 11 will feature TWO Submissions; one Theme will be focused on Songs that are a collaboration between 2 or more Acts; While the other will be Solo/Side Project songs by a solo artist who was previously in a group.

Lets set the deadline for submission by Wednesday 8th September for now.

Contestants
                  1. flopho
                  2. navi
                  3. Spartan
                  4. Affillate

Comment

• submit my entries

Comment

• nobody?
                      deadline expires in a two hours GMT (in Australia already expired)
                      such an anticlimax of an interesting game

Comment

• Originally posted by navi View Post
                        nobody?
                        deadline expires in a two hours GMT (in Australia already expired)
                        such an anticlimax of an interesting game
                        Mine's submitted.
                        There was too much choice for both categories.

Comment

• Just waiting on flopho

Comment

• sorry the collab one was soooo hard
                            Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

• Songs sent to Judges. Here is Janet Jackson and Luther Vandross with The Best Things In Life Are Free:

Comment

• Just waiting on Leo Scores I think.

Here's Camila Cabello with Don't Go Yet:

Comment

• sorry! just sent my scores! It was a weak round, sorry, and I was maybe too harsh... (I think not anyway)
                                  CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                  FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Update coming tonight: Guess you could say like Emma Bunton What Took You So Long? Leo but haha just joking all good. Next round is the Finale!

Comment

• Results are in! Here's Gary Barlow & Robbie Williams (from Take That) teaming up for a duet on Shame.

ROUND 11 - WITH OR WITHOUT YOU - RESULTS

Song 1

Delta Goodrem & Brian McFadden - Almost Here [Spartan 1]
                                      LEO: Sweet song 5
                                      JSPARKSFAN: Beautiful, but safe. Still the best of the R1 entries. 4.5
                                      WAYNE: Delta Goodrem & Brian McFadden - Almost Here - it’s a soppy song, let’s be honest but I do really quite like it. I can remember when they got together (I think they got together?) being firmly team Kerry. Anyhoo, I award the song 4.0 points. 4

Kid Cudi - Pursuit Of Happiness (Megaforce Version) ft. Ratatat, MGMT [navi 1]
                                      LEO: An intersting track 5.5
                                      JSPARKSFAN: Thoroughly unsatisfying. 2
                                      WAYNE: Kid Cudi - Pursuit Of Happiness (Megaforce Version) ft. Ratatat, MGMT - clever song, albeit one I’ve never really clicked with musically. Still, inspired choice - I award the song 3.5 points. 3.5

Mark Foster, A-Trak & Kimbra - Warrior [flopho 1]
                                      LEO: Nice but I don't fully enjoy this 4
                                      JSPARKSFAN: Forgettable. 3
                                      WAYNE: Mark Foster, A-Trak & Kimbra - Warrior - other than it being a touch too busy during the chorus, I really quite liked this, video was fun. I award it 4.0 points. 4

Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland - Promiscuous [Affillate 1]
                                      LEO: Unimpressive entry 2
                                      JSPARKSFAN: Lazy submission, but this is a bop nonetheless. 4
                                      WAYNE: Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland - Promiscuous - what’s not to love? It’s a classic. I award the song 4.5 points. 4.5

Song 2

Ashley Roberts - Ride Or Die [Spartan 2]
                                      LEO: Didn't like this, but some points for being a discovery 3
                                      JSPARKSFAN: Interesting song. I liked this. Great cadence throughout. 4.5
                                      WAYNE: Ashley Roberts - Ride Or Die - this is actually a pretty decent song, however it would benefit from a fuller production, it sounds half baked - was it a demo? I award it 3.5 points. 3.5

Brandon Flowers - Can't Deny My Love [flopho 2]
                                      LEO: Brandon will always be a 6 from me. And this in particular is fire 6
                                      JSPARKSFAN: Welp, this was a bit of a trump card to play. Brilliant track, with some cool time-warping sonic highlights. 6
                                      WAYNE: Brandon Flowers - Can't Deny My Love - I love watching him, I love listening to him. This is awesome, and I award the song 5.0 points. 5

Mark Lanegan and Kurt Cobain - Where Did You Sleep Last Night? [navi 2]
                                      LEO: Not my thing 2
                                      JSPARKSFAN: Great instrumentation here. 4
                                      WAYNE: Mark Lanegan and Kurt Cobain - Where Did You Sleep Last Night? - I’m probably committing an unspeakable offence here but I found this to be quite naff? I’m definitely not the right audience for this, it’s not the type of music that’s the issue (as I like some nirvana music), I just find this to be not that good - on the basis it contains a former frontman of an iconic act though, I’ll award the song 3.0 points. 3

Nick Carter - Help Me [Affillate 2]
                                      LEO: too bad 1
                                      JSPARKSFAN: Oh my, this is a bit dated. Cute, but no cigar. 3.5
                                      WAYNE: Nick Carter - Help Me - not feeling this, sorry. I award the song 2.5 points. 2.5

Scores Round 11
                                      Song 1
                                      Spartan 1 Delta Goodrem & Brian McFadden - Almost Here 13.5
                                      navi 1 Kid Cudi - Pursuit Of Happiness (Megaforce Version) ft. Ratatat, MGMT 11
                                      flopho 1 Mark Foster, A-Trak & Kimbra - Warrior 11
                                      Affillate 1 Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland - Promiscuous 10.5
                                      Song 2
                                      Spartan 2 Ashley Roberts - Ride Or Die 11
                                      flopho 2 Brandon Flowers - Can't Deny My Love 17
                                      navi 2 Mark Lanegan and Kurt Cobain - Where Did You Sleep Last Night? 9
                                      Affillate 2 Nick Carter - Help Me 7
                                      Totals R11
                                      flopho 28
                                      Spartan 24.5
                                      navi 20
                                      Affillate 17.5
                                      flopho gets the song of the round for Song 2 , Spartan for Song 1 this round, next to bottom above myself and eliminated is navi (result would have been same if previous round score was added too). Thankyou for playing!

flopho's and Spartan's songs of the round is below. The Final 2 plus myself will submit 3 songs each in R12, which will be the Finale.

Round 12/Finale Theme Coming Up soon.

Contestants
                                      1. flopho
                                      2. Spartan
                                      3. Affillate
                                      Last edited by Affillate; Mon September 20, 2021, 15:51.

Comment

• Round 11 Songlist Links:
                                        SONGS ROUND 11
                                        Song 1
                                        Spartan 1 Delta Goodrem & Brian McFadden - Almost Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oah-OYibXfw
                                        navi 1 Kid Cudi - Pursuit Of Happiness (Megaforce Version) ft. Ratatat, MGMT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z_Ys3BO_4M
                                        flopho 1 Mark Foster, A-Trak & Kimbra - Warrior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUUivXgJ2S4
                                        Affillate 1 Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland - Promiscuous https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J3vgcE5i2o
                                        Song 2
                                        Spartan 2 Ashley Roberts - Ride Or Die https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyrUyw-BX98
                                        flopho 2 Brandon Flowers - Can't Deny My Love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iiDlU4rhlY
                                        navi 2 Mark Lanegan and Kurt Cobain - Where Did You Sleep Last Night? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU6o0FFBrqs
                                        Affillate 2 Nick Carter - Help Me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c5YoacPLVk

Comment

• Didn’t think I’d make it pass that round and I didn’t even think to submit one of my faves - Brandon.

Comment

• aw, it's over
                                            kinda expected that
                                            i was sure upon submission that dark and heavy interpretation of an semi-traditional song wouldn't fit judges ears,
                                            but i was hoping for miracle

good luck to both of my opponents
                                            (i have a favourite for the win but i won't reveal him now)

thanks to the judges too, it was fun but far too long

Comment

• ROUND 12 - THE FINALE ROUND ('COMEBACKS, CLOSERS & CONTESTANT'S CHOICE')

The Finale will consist of 3 songs each.

Part I - COMEBACKS - A Song that could be considered a comeback for the artist.

Part II - CLOSERS - Closing Songs of an Album/EP, The can be the last song, or the end of the Standard edition, take your pick on technicality.

Part III - CONTESTANT'S CHOICE - Freestyle Choice for whatever you want to submit.

Lets set the deadline for submission by Saturday 25th September for now.

Contestants
                                              1. flopho
                                              2. Spartan
                                              3. Affillate

Comment

• Imagine if Affillate wins the last round.
                                                I’ve got two - contestant’s choice is the hardest one to pick.

Comment

• Submitted.

Comment

• Thanks for playing, navi! I definitely enjoyed some of your submissions ("Fools Day" and "Prague '99" in particular).
                                                    Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time [2022 Edition: #95]
                                                    Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 As It Was [4 weeks]
                                                    AlbumClash 2.0: [Florence + the Machine vs. Harry Styles]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X