No announcement yet.

SONG COLLECTORS VI | WINNER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheapthrills wants to be a collector this time, I'll leave it open until tonight for any more interest, Start the first round and if anyone wants to join in after that (hopefully to bump up the Judge panel) that'd be good. ;)

Comment

Yeah been on the judge side of the aisle twice so would rather play unless it's easier on you if I switch.

Comment

Any final participants?

I'm looking forward to hearing some good music!

Comment

ROUND 1 - APRIL FOOLS
          Round 1's theme because of the start date, is songs that reference being made a fool, tricks etc either in the lyrics or the titles, you may be creative in searching for a candidate for April Fool's Day.

Collectors, please PM me a song and Link by Sunday 4th April Lets say. I will update the scoring instructions for the judges when I start sending the songs through. This will likely play out like Dancing With The Stars elimination style based on the aggregate of the week prior like in in earlier seasons. Again if there is any more interest for some more Judges on the panel, please let us know!

Judges
          1. Wayne
          2. Leo
          3. JSparksFan

Contestants
          1. Colbie
          2. Thriller
          3. Carbon
          4. gabrielflorin01
          5. GaGarazzi
          6. flopho
          7. sonia85
          8. navi
          9. Spartan
          10. trebor
          11. cheapthrills
          12. Affillate (Just for fun)
          Last edited by Affillate; Thu April 1, 2021, 14:29.

Comment

i start to feel the tension
            CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
            FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

Not an easy task, curious to see the chosen tracks!
              Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

Omg this is impossible
                last.fm

Comment

Sent!
                  trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                  trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

Sent mine too, not too thrilled by this round but hope I’ll survive till the next one
                    last.fm

Comment

Sent! Quite happy with my choice.

Comment

Jesus, I have no idea what to send. Will have a think and submit something tomorrow. I don’t remember if people go with popular songs or with more obscure choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                          Omg this is impossible
                          Exactly

Comment

Just sent my song, i don't think its that fitting to the theme but oh well

Comment

Sent mine as well!

Comment

sent,
                                waiting for confirmation

Comment

sent mine yesterday, did you get my PM Affillate ?
                                  Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

When I saw the theme, I instantly thought of one song by an iconic artist who has recently reappeared - I wonder if anyone will have selected the song I’m thinking about!

When scoring, I think I’m going to score on 2 factors:

- How well the song selected fits the theme (out of 5 or 10).
                                    - How much I personally enjoyed the song (out of 5 or 10).

I’ll then take an average and use that as my score - @affilate - is it out of 5 or 10? I can’t remember.

Comment

Sent!

Comment

Just compiling what I got so far and confirming with you all, theres some fairly obvious ones that haven't been picked yet I can think of, I'm currently considering between one or two in particular unless someone submits one of them.

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                        When scoring, I think I’m going to score on 2 factors:

- How well the song selected fits the theme (out of 5 or 10).
                                        - How much I personally enjoyed the song (out of 5 or 10).

I’ll then take an average and use that as my score - @affilate - is it out of 5 or 10? I can’t remember.
                                        Yes I was thinking of this too but depending on the theme fulfilling one half of that could be an objective Conclusion (for example 'gimme a song from a movie soundtrack') rather than based on a more abstract criteria;

So I was thinking for this edition making the total score out of 6 in 0.5 increments you may spilt this into 2 sections out of 3 as Wayne's criteria above (with 6 options of giving 'something.5' if you want to), but if the Theme is more rigid and not as subjective, out of 6 total for the songs you enjoyed the most should suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by sonia85 View Post
                                          Sent!
                                          I haven't received this one, Are you sure its sent correctly?

Also just waiting on gabrielflorin01 also. ;)

Comment

Sonia sent to me by mistake so I’ll forward on.

Comment

Wayne Affillate sorry

Comment

Sent! As soon as I saw the theme, this song popped into my mind which I hadn't thought of/heard for about 10+ years. Hopefully it will be a nice blast from the past for the judges if they are fans of the artist

Comment

^ Got It. So it's just gabrielflorin01 waiting on now (and for me to make a decision on mine) and can send to the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                                                    ^ Got It. So it's just gabrielflorin01 waiting on now (and for me to make a decision on mine) and can send to the judges.
                                                    Finally sent too. Sorry y'all, forgot to check the site

Comment

Working...
                                                    X