• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent. Safe choice
    trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
    trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

I've played safer than last time but I hope it's still an interesting choice.

Comment

I'm really struggling with figuring out what direction to go with this.

Comment

sent - I doubt this will save me from elimination, but I'll be happy that it was heard by more people

this was quite a good theme, I had multiple potential choices
          last.fm

Comment

Interesting theme, no song immediately comes to mind.

Comment

sent
              everybody's playing safe, so i'm no exception,
              although, i was considering to propose a special song that might earn me null by default from Wayne and JSparksFan

Comment

Sent! I too went a bit mainstream and feel like that might be my downfall.

Comment

Sent!

Comment

Round 2 songs have been sent to the Judges.

While we wait, a song I considered, This Is Heaven by Nick Jonas:

Comment

i had a tough day, feeling a little down. I was generous on many songs though, but also I may have been too harsh on others...
                      CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                      FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

Two more Judges Scores to go.

Heres an Obvious one that no one picked, Released 10 years ago infamously around Easter by Gaga, Judas.

Comment

Sent my scores in, one song got 6.0 points from me which I was determined not to issue unless songs were perfect but there’s one song this round that was majestic, stunning and perfectly suited the theme.

Comment

Just Waiting on JSparksFan 's votes. Here's Justin Bieber & Chance The Rapper with Holy:

Comment

Zzzzzzz

Twinkle Twinkle Little Rock Star: "Bismarck" (2020)

trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                              trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                                Just Waiting on JSparksFan 's votes.
                                Will listen to the songs in the morning!
                                Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2022: [75-71]
                                Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2022: [Starting 12/19]
                                Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2022: [Starting 12/26]
                                Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#17]
                                Akini's Favourite Music Videos: [50-46]
                                Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Anti-Hero (4 weeks)
                                AlbumClash 2.0: [Rosala vs. Steve Lacy]

History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes.

Comment

Tallying the scores and first elimination.

While I Do; Spiritual by Katy Perry

Comment

Madonna's Like A Prayer was also covered on Glee in the Episode 'The Power of Madonna', which aired 11 years ago this week, April 20, 2010.

ROUND 2 - RELIGIOUS IMAGERY - RESULTS

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus [SPARTAN]
                                    LEO: A fantastic song, very fitting and it pains me to give "low" score for this being just too comfort zone 3,0
                                    JSPARKSFAN: Catchy electronica. 5
                                    WAYNE: iconic song, with an obvious link to religion (at least in terms of the song title). Until I read about what the song was based on, I didn't know - very intriguing! I award the song 4.0 points.

Dua Lipa - Love Is Religion (The Blessed Madonna Remix) [GAGARAZZI]
                                    LEO: Music by numbers. 1,5
                                    JSPARKSFAN: First time hearing this and I'm rather impressed! It's so infectious. Just added it to my library. 5.5
                                    WAYNE: nicely linked to the theme, and I do like the song but the production sounds so cheap compared to what she normally does. I award the song 4.0 points.

Frank Ocean - Bad Religion [CHEAPTHRILLS]
                                    LEO: Frank is good and in another state of mind I would have loved this. 4,5
                                    JSPARKSFAN: Frank's best song. He really summons his most emotive vocal performance to communicate his intense experience with unrequited love, equipping the chorus with that coda-like chant of "love me". Toast of R2 for me. 6
                                    WAYNE: he is just exceptionally talented isn't he? He's brilliant. I award the song 5.0 points.

Genesis - Jesus He Knows Me [SONIA85]
                                    LEO: Well know track but not the typical 80s track you'd get in ukmix so cheers for bringing this! 5,5
                                    JSPARKSFAN: Upbeat, great lyrics, strong melody. A home run. 5.5
                                    WAYNE: there's something extremely irritating about Phil Collins voice. I award the song 2.5 points.

Iggy Azalea ft. Quavo - Savior [AFFILLATE]
                                    LEO: No Quavo in the link, which gains 1 point cause of that. 3,0
                                    JSPARKSFAN: Not terrible, just average without any real memorable moments. 3.5
                                    WAYNE: a spiritual link to the theme, I like it. And probably the most listenable song I've heard from Iggy. I award the song 4.5 points.

Mary J. Blige & U2 - One [COLBIE]
                                    LEO: One is outstanding. Mary brings some flavour but the original is just untouchable. A little comfort zone 2,5
                                    JSPARKSFAN: The original is great, but Mary J. elevates this to something special. 6
                                    WAYNE: I've always had a soft spot for the song and Mary added to it (rather than detracting from it, as can often be the case with covers of iconic songs). The link to religion is IMO tenuous though and I therefore award the song 4.0 points.

Prince - The Cross [NAVI]
                                    LEO: Intersting song, it took some time to take off but then when it did I loved it. 5,0
                                    JSPARKSFAN: A bit dry. 3.5
                                    WAYNE: what an absolutely fascinating song with a great link to the theme! I don't think I've heard this before but absolutely loved it. I award the song 5.0 points.

Regina Spektor - Samson [FLOPHO]
                                    LEO: Oh, such a beautiful song. I am sad today, and this made me sadder. 5,5
                                    JSPARKSFAN: Really enjoyed this. 5
                                    WAYNE: I did wonder whether anyone would select this, I'd make an educated guess that this is Carbon? I loved it when we did the survivor and I still do, it's a stunning song with a lovely link to the theme. I award the song 5.5 points.

Sinead O'Connor - No Man's Woman [THRILLER]
                                    LEO: I feel that this round you guys hacked my spotify playlists and chose artists I love. And Sienad is the one I love the most. 5,5
                                    JSPARKSFAN: Didn't feel like this was directly related to the theme, but it's a damn good song, so I'm not too fussed about it. 5
                                    WAYNE: she’s either hit or miss for me and oh this occasion, she was hit! I award the song 4.5 points.

Susanne Sundfƒ¸r - When The Lord [CARBON]
                                    LEO: You guys are trying to break me? This video was beautiful. The song was great too. 5,5
                                    JSPARKSFAN: Solid! 4.5
                                    WAYNE: ethereal, other worldly - absolutely and totally stunning. I had so many feelings listening to it. I award the song 6.0 points.

Tori Amos - Crucify [TREBOR]
                                    LEO: Such a long time since I cross Tori's path here in ukmix. Lovely. 5,0
                                    JSPARKSFAN: Good, though repetitive. 4
                                    WAYNE: the better of the two songs submitted. I award the song 4.5 points.

Tori Amos - Muhammad My Friend [GABRIELFLORIN01]
                                    LEO: And Tori closes this round with such a fantastic intro and even better song. Song of the round. 6,0
                                    JSPARKSFAN: I didn't connect with this. 3
                                    WAYNE: pretty good. I award the song 3.5 points.

Scores Round 2
                                    flopho Regina Spektor - Samson 16
                                    Carbon Susanne Sundfƒ¸r - When The Lord 16
                                    Cheapthrills Frank Ocean - Bad Religion 15.5
                                    Thriller Sinead O'Connor - No Man's Woman 15
                                    sonia85 Genesis - Jesus He Knows Me 13.5
                                    navi Prince - The Cross 13.5
                                    trebor Tori Amos - Crucify 13.5
                                    Colbie Mary J. Blige & U2 - One 12.5
                                    gabrielflorin01 Tori Amos - Muhammad My Friend 12.5
                                    Spartan Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus 12
                                    GaGarazzi Dua Lipa - Love Is Religion (The Blessed Madonna Remix) 11
                                    Affillate Iggy Azalea ft. Quavo - Savior 11

R1 R2 R1 & R2 Total
                                    Cheapthrills 14.5 15.5 30
                                    trebor 15.5 13.5 29
                                    navi 15 13.5 28.5
                                    sonia85 13 13.5 26.5
                                    flopho 10.5 16 26.5
                                    Thriller 11 15 26
                                    Carbon 10 16 26
                                    Colbie 13 12.5 25.5
                                    gabrielflorin01 11.5 12.5 24
                                    Spartan 11 12 23
                                    GaGarazzi 12 11 23
                                    Affillate 11.5 11 22.5

Two Songs of The Round tied on 16 pts, from Flopho and Carbon.

No Elimination that round, as I landed on the bottom and next two positions were tied!

Round 3 Theme Coming soon (Possibly tomorrow).

Contestants
                                    1. Colbie
                                    2. Thriller
                                    3. Carbon
                                    4. gabrielflorin01
                                    5. GaGarazzi
                                    6. flopho
                                    7. sonia85
                                    8. navi
                                    9. Spartan
                                    10. trebor
                                    11. cheapthrills
                                    12. Affillate

Comment

I thought that was another strong round. "Love Is Religion" was a big discovery for me! Not sure how I missed it before.
                                      Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2022: [75-71]
                                      Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2022: [Starting 12/19]
                                      Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2022: [Starting 12/26]
                                      Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#17]
                                      Akini's Favourite Music Videos: [50-46]
                                      Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Anti-Hero (4 weeks)
                                      AlbumClash 2.0: [Rosala vs. Steve Lacy]

History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes.

Comment

What a round! Two Tori songs, one Regina song - and none of them nominated by me

Glad y’all liked Susanne as much as I do, and that she earned Wayne’s first 6-point mark!
                                        last.fm

Comment

Aw I like how the two entrants with the lowest scores in R1 received the two best ratings in R2 we like a little plot twist
                                          Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus l, baby

Comment

Happy with that! I love that Sinead song, it wasn't the most connected to the theme but she does a whole section about God so...

Comment

Pleased to see some of my favourites do well!

Comment

a little bit disappointed,
                                                not a bad score, but i thought the Prince will secure me a higher placing (that much about a playing safe)

Comment

Here was the link post btw:
                                                  SONGS ROUND 2
                                                  Spartan Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xrNaTO1bI
                                                  GaGarazzi Dua Lipa - Love Is Religion (The Blessed Madonna Remix) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tixwDHy4U78
                                                  Cheapthrills Frank Ocean - Bad Religion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZR6ZxxUsw8
                                                  sonia85 Genesis - Jesus He Knows Me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35K6vQRt67g
                                                  Affillate Iggy Azalea ft. Quavo - Savior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjbpJ3hjMtE
                                                  Colbie Mary J. Blige & U2 - One https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpDQJnI4OhU
                                                  navi Prince - The Cross https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_REFPbBnGJk
                                                  flopho Regina Spektor - Samson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p62rfWxs6a8
                                                  Thriller Sinead O'Connor - No Man's Woman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD_Z3td4nRU
                                                  Carbon Susanne Sundfr - When The Lord https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oWFCkcdmZI
                                                  trebor Tori Amos - Crucify https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ipCKIxdHTs
                                                  gabrielflorin01 Tori Amos - Muhammad My Friend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur28B7ls71k

Comment

• I saw the Frank Ocean one was a TV performance so I sent with it too for Savior as the video ad lyric vid had some distracting flashy bits that took away from the lyrics a little IMO, Looks like it payed off for Leo's scores as Quavo wasn't as prominent haha.

Interesting we had a double on artist with Tori that round.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X