X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo
    replied

NOMINEE for the 4th Annual UKMIX Hot100 AWARDS as

Voting will start once all categories are announced! Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Oh and thanks for hosting Affillate

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Janelle Monae AND Mickey Guyton? Have you been cribbing from my playlist flopho Excellent choices and a belated congratulations to you.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Affillate - many thanks for hosting! Sorry for being late sometimes...or rather a lot of the time.

​​​​​​​
    Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
    One of the contestant choice submissions nearly took me out! Hope whoever submitted that wins.
    I was actually referring to flopho with that Mickey Guyton song. For that alone, he's a worthy winner!

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Thanks a lot for hosting this Affillate

Kinda shocked about the outcome tbh! I'll admit the Janelle track was a bit of a safe choice, but was really unsure about the other two entries, especially the Mickey song. For some reason I thought Leo would consider it boring/bad, glad I was wrong really happy you guys liked her song, feel like she deserves more recognition in her genre (and in general ofc)

Great job Spartan too, haven't heard that Lawson song in years! kinda robbed tbh

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Well done flopho - deserved winner. Thanks to the judges and the host too for contributing.

Leave a comment:

• Affillate
    replied
    Song List Post
    SONGS ROUND 12
    Song 1 - Comebacks
    flopho 1 MGMT - Little Dark Age https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtL5oMyBHPs
    Affillate 1 Steps - Scared Of The Dark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRb4xqFpOvY
    Spartan 1 Take That - Patience https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=273eSvOwpKk
    Song 2 - Closers
    flopho 2 Janelle Monae - Americans https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POZNheF-KdY
    Spartan 2 Lawson - Parachute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncTRRG2Ps7U
    Affillate 2 Taylor Swift - Clean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL-HyvAjbFw
    Song 3 - Contestant's Choice
    Affillate 3 5 Seconds Of Summer - More https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrkbwYf9IM0
    Spartan 3 Ashanti ft. Ja Rule - Helpless https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnFqHozZIQg
    flopho 3 Mickey Guyton - What Are You Gonna Tell Her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s1dcoTRTT0

Leave a comment:

• Affillate
    replied

We started this whole series back in March, R12 Results are finally in! Here's Adele's new one Easy On Me.

ROUND 12 - COMEBACKS, CLOSERS & CONTESTANT'S CHOICE - RESULTS

Song 1 - Comebacks

MGMT - Little Dark Age [flopho 1]
    LEO: Not sure about this as I don't think they come back from anything, they were hardly there The song is cool so that's what matters. 4,0
    JSPARKSFAN: Cool production, though a bit too robotic at times. 4
    WAYNE: MGMT - Little Dark Age - I just love everything I've heard from them, including this. They are such an interesting group - I award the song 5.0 points.

Steps - Scared Of The Dark [Affillate 1]
    LEO: I thought I was going to HATE it, but I find it ok! 3,0
    JSPARKSFAN: Textbook synthpop goodness. 5
    WAYNE: Steps - Scared Of The Dark - felt this was underwhelming and they have had better songs since returning, not bad but not great. I award the song 3.5 points.

Take That - Patience [Spartan 1]
    LEO: Is it a comeback without Robbie mmmmmmm The song is one of their best. 5,0
    JSPARKSFAN: A bit dry. 4
    WAYNE: Take That - Patience - always enjoyed their later singles, this has morphed into a classic over the years! I award the song 4.5 points.

Song 2 - Closers

Janelle Monae - Americans [flopho 2]
    LEO: Solid choice: a closer from a masterpiece! And the song is fireeee. 6,0
    JSPARKSFAN: Best song from 2018's top album. Phenomenal message and lyrics, great production - can't really ask for anything else. 6
    WAYNE: Janelle Monae - Americans - major Prince vibes with this one, utterly fantastic! I award the song 5.0 points.

Lawson - Parachute [Spartan 2]
    LEO: The song is good, but do not scream "closing track" all over the place as I was expecting. 3,0
    JSPARKSFAN: Pretty by-the-numbers pop-rock, but it's enjoyable still. 4
    WAYNE: Lawson - Parachute - not my thing I'm afraid, I do like some of what they've done (Standing in the Dark is a banging song) but this wasn't the one. I award the song 3.5 points.

Taylor Swift - Clean [Affillate 2]
    LEO: wow, so nice! I forgot about this one. Taylor knows how to do it. 5,5
    JSPARKSFAN: Incredible lyricism, circumspect production - a huge winner and fits the theme both as an album closer and as the punctuation of a relationship. Toast of the round. 6
    WAYNE: Taylor Swift - Clean - so my issue with this is that while the lyrics are really good, the song just doesn't pack a punch, it lacks something. I award the song 3.0 points.

5 Seconds Of Summer - More [Affillate 3]
    LEO: 5SOS evolved quite fine from their early stuff. This is quite good, although they have much better. 4,5
    JSPARKSFAN: High-energy, but it's lacking that connecting element for me. 4
    WAYNE: 5 Seconds Of Summer - More - thought I'd hate it, but actually quite liked it. Has an urgency to it which is nice. I award the song 4.5 points.

Ashanti ft. Ja Rule - Helpless [Spartan 3]
    LEO: IT sounds a little like Taylor Swift, but not being Taylor the song falls flat. 3,0
    JSPARKSFAN: A bit boring. 3.5
    WAYNE: Ashanti ft. Ja Rule - Helpless - oh yes! This was absolutely lovely, such a soft, gorgeous vocal. Even the Ja Rule section was (just about) tolerable! I award the song 4.5 points.

Mickey Guyton - What Are You Gonna Tell Her [flopho 3]
    LEO: I started "ok this is something similar to many other tracks"... but to be honest, it got my full attention and it was a very good discovery. 6,0
    JSPARKSFAN: Whew, this one cuts deep! Gripping, powerful, memorable. 6
    WAYNE: Mickey Guyton - What Are You Gonna Tell Her - I'm not a huge fan of how the vocals overpower the melody but it's a decent song, her voice is a bit annoying at times (gives me Miley Cyrus vibes). I award the song 4.0 points.

Scores Round 12
    Song 1 - Comebacks
    flopho 1 MGMT - Little Dark Age 13
    Affillate 1 Steps - Scared Of The Dark 11.5
    Spartan 1 Take That - Patience 13.5
    Song 2 - Closers
    flopho 2 Janelle Monae - Americans 17
    Spartan 2 Lawson - Parachute 10.5
    Affillate 2 Taylor Swift - Clean 14.5
    Affillate 3 5 Seconds Of Summer - More 13
    Spartan 3 Ashanti ft. Ja Rule - Helpless 11
    flopho 3 Mickey Guyton - What Are You Gonna Tell Her 16
    Totals R12
    flopho 46
    Spartan 35
    Affillate 39
    Spartan had one Song of the round with Song 1, while Flopho had Songs 2 and 3. Nearly a perfect top score sweep with Americans in song 2.

And Drum roll..... the Winner is..... FLOPHO! with a score of 46. Well done everyone and thanks for Playing and to the Judges for scoring! Here's some Applause from Lady Gaga to close. (and song list post for the finale to follow).

Last edited by Affillate; Thu October 21, 2021, 11:30.

Leave a comment:

• Affillate
    replied
    Just Waiting on Wayne 's scores.

Justin Bieber kindof has had a few bounce backs, you could say What Do You Mean was a bit of a return, #1 in several countries and lead to the Purpose era:

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Affillate View Post
    Just sent my votes! My apologies for the tardiness.

One of the contestant choice submissions nearly took me out! Hope whoever submitted that wins.

Leave a comment:

• Affillate
    replied
    JSparksFan Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Affillate
    replied
    1 of 3 vote sets back.

Here is LEMONADEs Closer from Beyonce; 'Formation':

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    My Madness tournament is going to end before it does.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Was this really starting in march/april???

C'mon fellow judges, I did it fast and nice, although a little harsh. Do your part and let's end it soon!

Leave a comment:

• Affillate
    replied
    Songs are sent to Judges.

Heres ABBA's 'I Still Have Faith In You'. Rumours Adele making a comeback soon too with all those Billboards.7

Leave a comment:

• Affillate
    replied
    Ok I have flopho's songs will submit to Judges tonight/tomorrow.
    Last edited by Affillate; Sat October 2, 2021, 13:46.

Leave a comment:

• Affillate
    replied
    Yep Just waiting on flopho.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Any update on this? I see flopho hasn’t been online for a week - hope he’s okay.

Leave a comment:

• navi
    replied
    Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
    Thanks for playing, navi! I definitely enjoyed some of your submissions ("Fools Day" and "Prague '99" in particular).
    just saw this

although we don't share the same music taste i'm glad to hear this
    i was just trying not to submit too much guitar oriented music
    thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Thanks for playing, navi! I definitely enjoyed some of your submissions ("Fools Day" and "Prague '99" in particular).

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Submitted.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Imagine if Affillate wins the last round.
    I’ve got two - contestant’s choice is the hardest one to pick.

Leave a comment:

• Affillate
    replied

ROUND 12 - THE FINALE ROUND ('COMEBACKS, CLOSERS & CONTESTANT'S CHOICE')

The Finale will consist of 3 songs each.

Part I - COMEBACKS - A Song that could be considered a comeback for the artist.

Part II - CLOSERS - Closing Songs of an Album/EP, The can be the last song, or the end of the Standard edition, take your pick on technicality.

Part III - CONTESTANT'S CHOICE - Freestyle Choice for whatever you want to submit.

Lets set the deadline for submission by Saturday 25th September for now.

Contestants
    1. flopho
    2. Spartan
    3. Affillate

Leave a comment:

• navi
    replied
    aw, it's over
    kinda expected that
    i was sure upon submission that dark and heavy interpretation of an semi-traditional song wouldn't fit judges ears,
    but i was hoping for miracle

good luck to both of my opponents
    (i have a favourite for the win but i won't reveal him now)

thanks to the judges too, it was fun but far too long

Leave a comment:

Working...
X