Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Contributors Countdown: [#110-51 revealed!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Contributors Countdown: [#110-51 revealed!]

Hello, fellow UKMIX Members, this is the beginning of two huge ALLTIME LISTS of OUR Billboard Top-10 (You know, our rankings of the current Top-10s of each week).

Main Topic: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music-di...eeks#post53481

JSparksFan and I compile TWO All-Time Lists!

Why two lists?
    The first one will be the "easier" one which calculates each place of OUR Top-10s in points. So the 1st rank EVER gets 10 Points, 2nd 9, 3rd 8 and so on till the 10th which gets 1 point.

Example with our current list:

01.Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby: Levitating - 10 pts.
    02.The Weeknd: Blinding Lights - 9 pts
    03.The Weeknd: Save Your Tears - 8 pts.
    08. 24kGoldn feat. iann dior: Mood - 3 pts.
    09. Drake: What's Next - 27 pts. - 2 pts.
    10. Drake: Wants and Needs - 1 pts.

So each week counts as one full list and -obviously- the longest lasters might have the best chances to get the highest positions here! But it doesn't mean that very long lasting Songs (for example Blinding Lights by the Weeknd) are all on the upper part of this list. If Blinding Lights with 56 Weeks inside of the Top-10 would ever be at #10 it would have only 56 points, which can be beaten with only 6 weeks in chart and all of them at the top spot.

-----

The second list - a more complex one - will count the TOTAL points of our lists.

Example with the former 2 lists:

01. The Weeknd: Save Your Tears - 86 pts.
    02. The Weeknd: Blinding Lights - 84 pts
    03. Cardi B: Up - 75 pts.
    04. Silk Sonic: Leave the Door Open - 74 pts.
    05. Ariana Grande feat. Doja Cat & Megan Thee Stallion: 34+35 - 63 pts.
    06. 24kGoldn feat. iann dior: Mood - 61 pts.
    07. Olivia Rodrigo: Drivers License - 60 pts.
    08. Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby: Levitating - 52 pts.
    09. Drake: What's Next - 44 pts.
    10. Drake: Wants and Needs - 42 pts.
    11. Drake feat. Rick Ross: Lemon Pepper Freestyle - 19 pts.

Of course this was only a total of the LAST TWO WEEKS of our charts but the Alltime list will - of course - have combined all points of all our charts!

Here it is more interesting who wins. Because we had a big hype on that Topic a decade ago (especially between 2008 and 2012 there normally have been 20 or more participants PER WEEK. But since 2014 we have a trend that successful songs will tend to stay longer inside of the top-10 than it was before. Was the average of a big successful song at 10-15 weeks inside of the Top-10 before, it is now at 15-20 weeks (for example "Mood" and "Blinding Lights" at the current charts).
    Back in the days we've had weeks when the 10th rank had around 100 points, nowadays the Top Song has around 50-80 points and the 10th spot between 15 and 30 points.
    Maybe I can push the main topic back to the old numbers and get some more users to vote there. ;-)
    Maybe we can get one time a number of 20+ participants again

If there will be some songs which have the same amount of total points the Song with the less weeks inside of the Top-10 will be higher because the average points are bigger. If there will be Songs still tied, the Song with the less success on the real chart will be ranked higher, still tied, then it goes alphabetical.

Akini and me are hosting this Topic.

If you have some tips to make some stuff a bit different, a bit better, let us know in personal messages, rather me because I have more time and I'm compiling at the moment! You're welcome!

I just started calculating and I'm done with almost 200 of the total 660 Weeks now!
    Last edited by Phoenixx; Wed April 7, 2021, 13:51.
    "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top contributors Countdown

I'm right now at Week 311, which means that I managed to do the first SIX years yet, out of 13 it means that I almosed passed the half. I went through 301 pages so far to compile those two lists.

Comment

That sounds like so much work! Excited to see the results, though I can think of one song for sure that will be in the top ten

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        That sounds like so much work! Excited to see the results, though I can think of one song for sure that will be in the top ten
        Yeah the same counts for me
        I've passed now the 364th week which means I also passed the 50% mark, I made exactly the whole first 7 years. Years 8-13 (13 is August 2020 - now) are still missing so almost 6 full years to come.

Comment

I'm close to the five-hundreth week on the main topic, almost 400 pages later...
          So I'm ready with 75% of the whole list. Currently in the year 2018!

Comment

I've done 628 of 661 Weeks (plus the current one) yet. So I will be ready within the next 24 hours and will maybe begin in this week!

Comment

I just ended up all calculations. I may just make some other little lists, like the Songs with biggest points ever, every Songs highest points, longest lasting Songs and some more. I may start today with the countdown.

Comment

There have been a total of 709 Songs inside of the Top-10 between summer 2008 and the 14th April 2021! The lists are completed and we begin with the list where ALL OF OUR POINTS are CALCULATED TOGETHER, which means when a Song have been two weeks inside of the US Top-10 and we gave that Song 100 points in the first and 85 in the second week the Song has a total of 185 points. There have been 176 Songs with over 1.000 Points, 32 Songs with over 2.000 Points and only ONE Song with 3.000+ Points, which is - of course #01. But which Song could it be? You can put your guesses below

Comment

Here is the first extra list:

The following Songs are those who had the most points at their first entry into the Top-10 of the US charts. Which means that our forum learned to like those Songs REALLY fast. A lot of those Songs did not even peak at #01 in our Top-10, which shows how many points the upper Songs had.

Rank - peak - Song / Artist(s) - Points in the first charting week
                  01 - 01 - I Wanna Go - Britney Spears - 251 Points
                  02 - 01 - Stay - Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko -220 Points
                  03 - 01 - Diamonds - Rihanna - 198 Points
                  04 - 01 - Till The World Ends - Britney Spears - 196 Points
                  05 - 06 - Judas - Lady GaGa - 192 Points
                  06 - 01 - I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston - 184 Points
                  07 - 01 - Super Bass - Nicki Minaj - 183 Points
                  08 - 02 - Don't You Worry Child - Swedish House Mafia - 182 Points
                  09 - 02 - Scream & Shout - Will.I.Am ft.Britney Spears - 179 Points
                  10 - 01 - Wrecking Ball - Miley Cyrus - 174 Points
                  11 - 03 - The Edge Of Glory - Lady GaGa - 170 Points
                  12 - 01 - Hold It Against Me - Britney Spears - 170 Points
                  13 - 01 - Last Friday Night - Katy Perry - 168 Points
                  14 - 01 - S&M (Remix) - Rihanna (ft. Britney Spears) - 166 Points
                  15 - 02 - Get Lucky - Daft Punk ft. Pharell Williams & Nile Rodgers - 164 Points
                  16 - 01 - Try - Pink - 161 Points
                  17 - 03 - Sexy Chick - David Guetta ft. Akon - 157 Points
                  18 - 01 - Love Never Felt So Good - Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake - 157 Points
                  19 - 02 - Cheers (Drink To That) - Rihanna - 155 Points
                  20 - 01 - Roar - Katy Perry - 155 Points
                  21 - 02 - Set Fire To The Rain - Adele - 154 Points
                  22 - 02 - Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey (Cedric Gervais Remix) - 153 Points
                  23 - 01 - Circus - Britney Spears - 153 Points
                  24 - 01 -Paparazzi - Lady GaGa - 152 Points
                  25 - 01 - Chandelier - Sia - 151 Points
                  26 - 01 - Just Dance - Lady GaGa - 150 Points
                  27 - 01 - Rude Boy - Rihanna - 150 Points
                  28 - 01 - The Monster - Eminem ft. Rihanna - 150 Points
                  29 - 04 - Hold On We're Going Home - Drake - 149 Points
                  30 - 01 - Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera - 148 Points

So as you can see, "Judas" by Lady Gaga got 192 Points in it's first week and only peaked at #06, so the whole Top-5 had 192 or more points in those week.

Another two lists with the most individual points by any Song and the most points out of all Songs in any weeks will come later this countdown.

Comment

Is this in games by mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                      Why? Where else should it be? It is a Alltime chart of our forums choosen BB Top-10.

Comment

Sorry, I might be completely misunderstanding the topic but I can't figure out what the game is? If it's a chart, shouldn't it be in a charts forum?

Comment

Not at all. It's actually an amalgamation of this game, though it probably does read more like a chart analysts topic.
                          Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [11 weeks] + Drake invasion

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

Not at all. It's actually an amalgamation of this game, though it probably does read more like a chart analysts topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenixx View Post
                              I renamed it so it's clearer now. Are you good with the name?

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

Oh I see now! I've never been in that topic before, personally I would imagine something like that to sit in the personal charts forum but seeing as it's been in games for 13 years there's no point moving it now

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

I renamed it so it's clearer now. Are you good with the name?
                                  Of course

Comment

Oh I see now! I've never been in that topic before, personally I would imagine something like that to sit in the personal charts forum but seeing as it's been in games for 13 years there's no point moving it now
                                    Maybe we can get some more voters for the future if it would be moved to the Personal Charts section

Comment

I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                        I was wondering the same thing.
                                        You mean like Thriller before or like me, when we move to the Personal Charts?

Comment

I meant what you said!

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenixx View Post
                                            There have been 176 Songs with over 1.000 Points, 32 Songs with over 2.000 Points and only ONE Song with 3.000+ Points, which is - of course #01. But which Song could it be? You can put your guesses below
                                            I was going to say "Blinding Lights", but looking at those huge scores from years ago, I'm not so sure anymore.

I'm also interested in knowing which song received the least points ever. My guess is "Trollz" – it spent just one week in the top ten, was placed last by most voters and charted at a time with only a few voters.

It will be fascinating to see all the results, I'm looking forward to them!

Comment

Originally posted by setg1 View Post

I was going to say "Blinding Lights", but looking at those huge scores from years ago, I'm not so sure anymore.

I'm also interested in knowing which song received the least points ever. My guess is "Trollz" – it spent just one week in the top ten, was placed last by most voters and charted at a time with only a few voters.

It will be fascinating to see all the results, I'm looking forward to them!
                                              I will do a Top-500 list together with Akini. I will post the first batch later, I struggeled with time today, it is planned, that we post one update at 7pm UTC and one at 12am UTC.
                                              And besides the two main lists I will also post ALL of those Bubbling unders. There have been a total of 709 Songs since the beginning until now, so I will begin with - of course the worst Songs of all where you can see those results ;)

Comment

The first Batch is here.
                                                As you can see in that table are the ranks on the left, Title and Artist/s, then you see the peak Position ON OUR lists, the weeks each Song had inside of the Top-10 and the total Points each Song got from our community.

Rank - Song - Artist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - peak-weeks-Points
                                                481 Don't Mind - Kent Jones 009 006 174
                                                482 A Holly Jolly Christmas-Burl Ives 007 006 173
                                                483 Sad! - XXXTentacion 006 006 169
                                                484 Time Of Our Lives - Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo 007 004 165
                                                485 Loyal - Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne & Tyga 007 002 164
                                                486 Centuries - Fall Out Boy 006 002 163
                                                487 Try - Pink 001 001 161
                                                488 A Milli - Lil Wayne 009 005 160
                                                489 We Are The World 25 - Artists For Haiti 006 002 160
                                                490 Love Never Felt So Good - Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake 001 001 157
                                                491 Leave The Door Open-Silk Sonic ft. Anderson. Paak & Bruno Mars 002 004 156
                                                492 Sweet But Psycho - Ava Max 001 003 152
                                                493 Me! - Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco 005 004 150
                                                494 Congratulations - Post Malone ft. Quavo 009 006 146
                                                495 Chained To The Rhythm - Katy Perry 002 002 145
                                                496 A Sky Full Of Stars - Coldplay 003 001 143
                                                497 Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welsh 004 001 142
                                                498 Can't Believe It - T-Pain 009 006 139
                                                499 Skyfall - Adele 001 001 139
                                                500 Mr. Know It All - Kelly Clarkson 002 001 135

Comment

And continuing from above...
                                                  Rank Song Peak Weeks Charted Points
                                                  461 Ran$om - Lil Tecca 9 13 199
                                                  462 Freaky Friday - Lil Dicky ft. Chris Brown 5 5 194
                                                  463 Judas - Lady GaGa 6 1 192
                                                  464 Second Chance - Shinedown 7 3 191
                                                  465 ****in' Problems - A$AP Rocky ft. Drake,... 9 2 190
                                                  466 Toosie Slide - Drake 6 10 189
                                                  467 Drive By - Train 3 2 188
                                                  468 Tunnel Vision - Kodak Black 8 6 186
                                                  469 If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes 4 4 185
                                                  470 Rack City - Tyga 10 4 183
                                                  471 American Boy - Estelle 3 3 182
                                                  472 Crack A Bottle - Eminem 9 4 181
                                                  473 XO TOUR Llif3 - Lil Uzi Vert 9 10 180
                                                  474 This Is America - Childish Gambino 1 5 179
                                                  475 Dirt Road Anthem - Jason Aldean 8 2 179
                                                  476 Dangerous - Kardinal Offishall 8 8 178
                                                  477 Love Somebody - Maroon 5 8 2 178
                                                  478 7 Things - Miley Cyrus 7 2 177
                                                  479 Clarity - Zedd ft. Foxes 9 2 176
                                                  480 Rocketeer - Far East Movement ft. Ryan Ted. 8 2 174

Comment

Working...
                                                  X