Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

168TH FSC (May 2021) - Bridgetown, Barbados (VOTE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sent my votes!
    UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [#1 - A queen is crowned!]
    "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

Well, the deadline has passed and unfortunately, we have one voter outstanding. I'm going to head out. Hopefully you all will have results when I wake up in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        ^^ Wow, you guys really take this seriously! I rarely even listen to all of the songs in full. Sometimes even 20-30 seconds is enough to put a song in one of my categories, and then the order within each category doesn't really matter that much; could use a random number generator for that (but usually try to do at least a little bit better).[/SIZE]
        I take everything I do seriously. Since charts have been my passion since very young age, assigning positions randomly is a painful exercice for me, haha. I couldn't live with it so prefer to spend a week getting to know the songs well and then it usually takes me about an hour to switch their order over and over again before I finally send out my votes and I still feel guilty that it's quite random. I'm a hopeless case, haha.

Comment

Good morning!

Wow, that was a wild final night in Barbados! flopho couldn't get enough of the barbecued pig tails. I had perhaps too much rum and so did Constantinos. I don't know where JSparks went with that cabana boy. And Spartan, I don't think the jacuzzi is clothing optional...

As for the results, they are finally here. Where are we going next? Well, one thing's for sure - it won't be the Caribbean and maybe that's a good thing... anyone know some good hangover remedies?

Comment

• Tansike
            Tansike commented
            Editing a comment
            You keep tagging me on this even though I haven't participated in months. Would be ok for me if you remove my tag for upcoming FSC's, thanks

A real tight month with some surprises at the top
          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Congrats to the winner.
            TikTok gave me a love/hate relationship with the Finnish entry.

Comment

Great top5, all in my votes! I was sure this was going to win but the race was really interesting!!!

Spoiler!

CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
              FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

Please don't leave Spanish language songs, Leo! I'm living for them (well, as long as they're not reggaeton or cheesy pop).
                Congratulations to the winner. For such a weak month it's a great Top 3.

Comment

Tansike I just miss you

I'll try to remember to remove you on the next one. I think I just keep copying the same list.

Comment

• Tansike
                    Tansike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    <3 haha... well I'm just too absorbed by real life at the moment but I'll definitely try to take part at some point again!

Happy with my placing!

Congrats to the winner!

Comment

I think the forum has a big problem with Italian lol

Congrats to the winner!

Comment

wow
                      the second place, a big improvement from usual bottom half for me

my entry ended up as the most divisive song of the month (probably a year?)
                      five top scores + four as a third place, with the few exceptions (thank you very much),
                      half of the voters ignore it (thanks to all of you, no hard feelings )

it was hard to rank the songs, not a bad month, nothing exceptional but almost everything was decent
                      in retrospect i should've voted for Denmark (my mistake),
                      congratulations to CandyPerfumeBoy on winning

Comment

Some back-end notes and thank yous

Spoiler!

Comment

Loved the Chinese entry this round - reminded me of Physical by Dua Lipa which I love. Very consistent result for Norway too. Ane Brun managed to reach #11 in January when I submitted one of her songs from the same album as this month's entry. Top 5 was quite strong and it was interesting to watch the top 3 battle it out.

Thank you Spartan for those much needed 12 points right at the end to secure my 3rd best position in this competition!

Comment

Thank you, CandyPerfumeBoy for 12 points and congrats! It was good month Im glad with top and my personal top!

Comment

So Lithuanian girlgroup pop that sounds like it was produced (not in Lithuania) in 1990 isn't what I should be entering to get a high position... This is the closest I've been to 0 points (I think).

I thought Denmark would win with a larger margin! When I heard/watched that song (and noticed who entered it) I thought that for once I was going to give 12 points to the song that was clearly going to win!

Did anyone else notice that the Chinese song got a video release after the voting had started? I discovered that randomly as I was listening to the song from the provided link in the background and when it ended YouTube played the same song again (but now from the video). It definitely got less boring with the video.
                              Weekly Top 30 | 2020 YEC | 2018 YEC | 2017 YEC | 2016 YEC | 2015 YEC

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                                Did anyone else notice that the Chinese song got a video release after the voting had started? I discovered that randomly as I was listening to the song from the provided link in the background and when it ended YouTube played the same song again (but now from the video). It definitely got less boring with the video.
                                Yeah after i already submitted the song they decided to release a music video
                                Anyways the video isnt bad at all, but i didnt like having to change it again, and i also didnt like how the music stopped for a few seconds in de video so thats why i didn't change it. Also thought some people had already voted by that time

Comment

Thanks to everyone who voted for Denmark! You should also check out her other songs especially light (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SCn...ellartistkanal) which was my other choice for this month!

Ukraine was great (Atrem can do no wrong for me) as well as China, USA and Poland! See you next month in Denmark
                                  Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

Congrats CPB. Nice one.

My favourite one though was China, from the first play.. thanks Colbie for that gem.

Comment

^ <3

Comment

Wow - what a landslide victory! Congrats CandyPerfumeBoy - You really need an own hall of fame here on ukmix's game's section! - Impressive amount of victories!

Thanks for voting for Poland - Top 5 is massive and absolutely amazing! Glad most of you enjoyed one of my favourite Polish songs released this year!

See you in Denmark!
                                        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

EDIT!

Comment

Working...
                                          X