Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

176th FSC (Jan. 2022) - Whitehorse [Yukon], Canada (RESULTS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Game] 176th FSC (Jan. 2022) - Whitehorse [Yukon], Canada (RESULTS)

Welcome back to Canada thanks to cheapthrills' December 2021 runaway winning song:

La Zarra - Tu T'En Iras

Whitehorse is the capital and only city of Yukon, and the largest city in Northern Canada. It was incorporated in 1950 and is located at kilometre 1426 (Historic Mile 918) on the Alaska Highway in southern Yukon. Whitehorse's downtown and Riverdale areas occupy both shores of the Yukon River, which rises in British Columbia and meets the Bering Sea in Alaska. The city was named after the White Horse Rapids for their resemblance to the mane of a white horse, near Miles Canyon, before the river was dammed.

Because of the city's location in the Whitehorse valley and relative proximity to the Pacific Ocean, the climate is milder than comparable northern communities such as Yellowknife.At this latitude winter days are short and summer days have up to about 19 hours of daylight. Whitehorse, as reported by Guinness World Records, is the city with the least air pollution in the world.

As of the 2016 census, the population was 25,085. This represents approximately 70 percent of the entire population of Yukon Territory.

[ Wikipedia ]

RULES

01. This is a monthly contest, modeled after Eurovision. You need to have at least 10 posts to your credit to take part.
    02. You can pick any country in the world.
    03. The artist you choose has either to be a citizen of the country they'll represent or to have been born there. At least HALF of the people from your act must be from the country you choose.
    04. Your song must be under 10 years old. Eligible entries must have been released after January 1st, 2012.
    05. Eurovision entries are not allowed. Songs from concurrent Eurovision heats are not allowed either.
    06. The song cannot have been a UK/US Top 40 hit, as it would give it an unfair advantage.
    07. The song can be a remix.
    08. The song cannot be a cover version.
    09. If your song features a sample, please state it early enough, so the other contestants can decide whether it is acceptable or not by poll.
    10. You cannot vote for your own country.
    11. Discussion about one's favourites during the contest is NOT ALLOWED, as it has the potential to influence the voting.
    12. PLEASE try and choose a song not everyone would know, the point is to discover new artists.
    13. If a song becomes or is found to be ineligible at any time before the voting is over, it will be disqualified.
    14. Make sure you understand all the rules before you take part. You will need to devote about 2 hours of your time to this game to listen to all the entries at least once. Do a little research on your entry before you present it, be sure that it doesn't violate any rules, and check here to see if it has taken part before.

TIMELINE

01 - 14/1 | RESERVE & PRESENT: Present your entry or just reserve your country. Last month's top 5 get their choice from last month reserved, so nobody may choose these countries until they let them go:

01 Canada (cheapthrills)
    02 Israel (CandyPerfumeBoy)
    03 United Kingdom (JSparksFan)
    04 Ireland (heppolo)
    05 United States (GaGarazzi)

15/1 | PRESENT: Pick any country that hasn't been presented yet and present your entry (ALL reservations are now expired). A maximum of 30 confirmed entries in total will be accepted.

16 - 28/1 | VOTE! Whoever fails to vote during this period will be subject to the penalties described under Late Vote and Very Late Vote

29/1| Late Vote: Whoever votes on this date will receive a 10 points penalty.

30/1 | Very Late Vote: Whoever votes on this date will receive a 15 points penalty. Whoever fails to vote by this date (Whitehorse) will be disqualified.

31/1 | Results

ALL RULES AND PENALTIES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED

ENTRIES:

Albania (Nanda) |
    Luana Vjollca - 1 Mij Vjet
    Argentina (Leo) | Bandalos Chinos - Vamonos De Viaje
    Australia (Spartan) | Alfie Arcuri & Cam Nacson - Handsome Man
    Burundi (maroon) | Gal Faye - Chalouper
    Canada (cheapthrills) | Ann Vriend - Get Back To Me
    Colombia (Affillate) | Sebastin Yatra - Tacones Rojos
    Croatia (navi) | Ts Nua - Lights Out
    Denmark (KindOf) | Mathilde - Blue Light
    France (flopho) | Janie - Petite Blonde
    Germany (CandyPerfumeBoy) |
    Drangsal - Urlaub Von Mir
    Italy (heppolo) | Erio - Amore Vero
    Japan (Spiral) |
    The fin. - Outer Ego
    Malta (Nost) | Aidan - Naħseb Fik
    Mexico (Top10) |
    Danna Paola - Kaprichosa
    Netherlands (Thriller) | Davina Michelle - Hyper
    Norway (ConstantinosV) | Aurora - Everything Matters (feat. Pomme)
    Philippines (xtofer) |
    Ylona Garcia - All That
    Poland (jszmiles) | Gawryle - Harnaś Ice Tea
    Saudi Arabia (Mainshow) | Alewya - Play
    South Korea (Colbie) |
    Woozi - Ruby
    Spain (mondflug) | Marta Snchez - The Moment Of Your Life (feat. DJ Nano)
    Sweden (Zeph) | Tove Styrke - Mood Swings

Switzerland (trebor) | Zian - Old Again
    Ukraine (franklex) | Artem Pyvovarov - Mirazh (Mirage)

United Kingdom (JSparksFan) | Lianne La Havas - Bittersweet
    United States (GaGarazzi) |
    Magdalena Bay - Chaeri

PLAYLIST courtesy of ConstantinosV

trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
    trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Ukraine for me
    PAYPAL DONATE: Coffee for franklex Ử

Comment

Thank you but I no longer wish to participate in this game, good luck everyone.

Comment

Germany
        Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

Spain
          My Year End Chart 2011

FSC Powered!

Comment

Australia

Comment

Happy New Year everyone! I'll stick with United States.

Comment

Poland for me
                KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Thanks trebor
                  I'll keep Canada for now.

Comment

France
                    Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus l, baby

Comment

1 ITALY

Erio - Amore Vero

Genre: Alternative, Electronic
                      Year: 2020
                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Reserving Albania

Comment

Can I be first in line to request UK if Akini doesn’t want it?

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                            Sure!
                            trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                            trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

02 FRANCE

Janie - 'Petite blonde'

Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus l, baby

Comment

3. Saudi Arabia

Alewya - Play

Alewya was born in Saudi Arabia. Her father is Sudanese/Egyptian whereas her mother is from Ethiopia. They came as refugees to the United Kingdom but since she was raised in Sudan and spent her childhood there (and her father being Sudanese), I thought I might settle down for Sudan. I hope its not a problem (otherwise I can play with Ethiopia or Saudi Arabia this month)
                                Last edited by trebor; Sat January 15, 2022, 18:22. Reason: Entry modified from Sudan to Saudi Arabia
                                Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

4. BURUNDI

Gal Faye - "Chalouper"

Comment

05. Eurovision entries are not allowed. Songs from concurrent Eurovision heats are not allowed either.
                                    this means no entries from EV Junior, right?
                                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                      I'm keeping the UK this month, but if I flop, she's all yours next month!
                                      Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time [2022 Edition: #85]
                                      Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God) [3 weeks]
                                      AlbumClash 2.0: [Florence + the Machine vs. Drake]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

5. United Kingdom

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

trebor - "Bittersweet" contains a sample of "Medley: "Ike's Rap III" / "Your Love Is So Doggone Good" (by Isaac Hayes) so can you poll to see if the FSC gang is cool with this?

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

I'm keeping the UK this month, but if I flop, she's all yours next month!
                                            You cow!

I'll see if there's any other country I want then.

Comment

6. NETHERLANDS

Davina Michelle - HYPER

Comment

Originally posted by jszmiles View Post

this means no entries from EV Junior, right?
                                                I'm pretty sure this came up a little while ago. I know last year (?) around February I chose a song from a former JESC entrant from Cyprus (not a song from JESC though). As long as its from a heat/pre selection that's not currently being contested for this years JESC then it's allowable.

Comment

Originally posted by Affillate View Post

I'm pretty sure this came up a little while ago. I know last year (?) around February I chose a song from a former JESC entrant from Cyprus (not a song from JESC though). As long as its from a heat/pre selection that's not currently being contested for this years JESC then it's allowable.
                                                  So, if it was actually performed at the final, it is not allowed?
                                                  KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Working...
                                                  X