Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

186th FSC (Nov. 2022) - St. John's (Newfoundland), Canada - (RESULTS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Game] 186th FSC (Nov. 2022) - St. John's (Newfoundland), Canada - (RESULTS)

How ya gettin' on? Hopefully, best kind? Good!
    Welcome back to Canada!

We're back in Canada for the seventh time overall and second time this year. We started 2022 in the Yukon and now we've returned to the complete opposite side of the country to be in Newfoundland! We are here courtesy to a rather bewitching song that got crowned on Halloween: Unusually, we're going to stick to North America for another month, but unless you include Greenland, we're about as close to Europe as you can get. We're in the island of Newfoundland, and the capital of St John's. Excluding Greenland it is the easternmost city in not just Canada, but the entire North American continent. It is closer to the entirety of Ireland than it is Miami. It's closer to London than it is to Vancouver! As a result of jutting out form the continent across form Europe, it's one of the oldest European settlements in North America.

As far as the FSC is concerned, Newfoundland does have a quirk that effects us ! Be aware! Newfound has it's own time zone and it's a weird one. It iss a half hour off. That means you'll hear shows starting at "10 o'clock, 10:30 in Newfoundland."

Newfoundland's province is combined with that of Labrador, which means both parts of this province have dogs named after them.

Anyhow, so we know where we are, but exactly what is there to do in this smaller town of about 100K? Well, there's a hike up to Signal Hill, which gives a beautiful view of the town, a tower, and is also the location from which the first transatlantic radio transmission took place. You can also check out Jellybean row, so named for colorful houses painted brightly so they can be scene through the fog. There's adventurous cuisine to be had, which include cod tongues (yuck), cubes of pork backfat called scrunchions (also yuck), and not a metaphor, seal flippers backed into flipper pie (yuck, yuck, and yuck - why are we here again?). Luckily, they have iceberg beer made with with water form icebergs if you want to see how beer made with 10000 year old water tastes. You can chase that down with locally grown cloudberries, which taste like sour raspberries (on second thought, pass.)

RULES

01. This is a monthly contest, modeled after Eurovision. You need to have at least 10 posts to your credit to take part.
    02. You can pick any country in the world.
    03. The artist you choose has either to be a citizen of the country they'll represent or to have been born there. At least HALF of the people from your act must be from the country you choose.
    04. Your song must be under 10 years old. Eligible entries must have been released after January 1st, 2012.
    05. Eurovision entries are not allowed. Songs from concurrent Eurovision heats are not allowed either.
    06. The song cannot have been a UK/US Top 40 hit, as it would give it an unfair advantage.
    07. The song can be a remix.
    08. The song cannot be a cover version.
    09. If your song features a sample, please state it early enough, so the other contestants can decide whether it is acceptable or not by poll.
    10. You cannot vote for your own country.
    11. Discussion about one's favourites during the contest is NOT ALLOWED, as it has the potential to influence the voting.
    12. PLEASE try and choose a song not everyone would know, the point is to discover new artists.
    13. If a song becomes or is found to be ineligible at any time before the voting is over, it will be disqualified.
    14. Make sure you understand all the rules before you take part. You will need to devote about 2 hours of your time to this game to listen to all the entries at least once. Do a little research on your entry before you present it, be sure that it doesn't violate any rules, and check here to see if it has taken part before.

TIMELINE

01 - 14/11 | RESERVE & PRESENT: Present your entry or just reserve your country. Last month's top 5 get their choice from last month reserved, so nobody may choose these countries until they let them go:

01 Canada (cheapthrills)
    02 Australia (Affillate)
    03 Thailand (xtofer)
    04 Netherlands (Mainshow)
    05 Slovakia (Spartan)

15/11 | PRESENT: Pick any country that hasn't been presented yet and present your entry (ALL reservations are now expired). A maximum of 30 confirmed entries in total will be accepted.

16- 27/11 | VOTE! Whoever fails to vote during this period will be subject to the penalties described under Late Vote and Very Late Vote

28/11 | Late Vote: Whoever votes on this date will receive a 10 points penalty.

29/11 | Very Late Vote: Whoever votes on this date will receive a 15 points penalty. Whoever fails to vote by this date (St John's time) will be disqualified.

30/11 | Results

ALL RULES AND PENALTIES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED

ENTRIES:

Australia (Affillate) | 5 Seconds to Summer - Wildflower
    Belgium (ConstantionsV) | Loic Nottet - Melodrame
    Canada (trebor) | Laurell - Habit
    Colombia (Leo) | Bomba Estereo - Deja

Croatia (navi) | Ministranti - Minuta
    Finland (KindOf) | Eini - En itke sun perään
    France (GaGarazzi) | Juliette Armanet - Le Dernier Jour Du Disco
    Germany (mondflug) |
    Glockenbach -Dirty Dancing
    Greece (Top10) | KINGS x FY x MC DADDY - MACARENA
    Italy (maroon) | Mannarino - Cantaré
    Japan (cheapthrills) | Mitski - Love Me More
    Malaysia (Spiral) | Late Night Frequency - Fun Lust Love
    Netherlands (CandyPerfumeBoy) | Sophia Mason - Jij kent mij beter
    New Zealand (heppolo) | AACACIA - Alone
    Norway (Thriller) | Röyksopp feat. Maurissa Rose - Feel It
    Philippines (xtofer) | Marina Summers - Divine
    South Korea (Colbie) | TripleS AAA - Generation
    Spain (flopho) | Huntza - Odoletan
    Sweden (Zeph) |
    I Feel It in the Wind - Smith & Thell
    Turkey (franklex) | Serhat Durmus - La Câlin (Obiymy)
    Ukraine (Mainshow) | Lilu45 - Вісім
    United Kingdom (JSparksFan) | PinkPantheress - Do You Miss Me?
    United States (Spartan) | AJR - World's Smallest Violin

I'll go with Japan this month.

Comment

USA

Spoiler!

Comment

I'll hold the UK for now.
        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Flowers
        AlbumClash 2.0: [SZA vs. Ava Max]

"These gays, they're trying to murder me."

Comment

Ukraine, pls

NetherlAnds are free
          Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

The shade!

I’ll come back this month and go for Norway this time.

Comment

01. Netherlands

Sophia Mason - Jij kent mij beter

Last edited by CandyPerfumeBoy; Mon October 31, 2022, 22:27.
              Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

Finland

Comment

I'll take Italy this time.

Comment

Germany
                    My Year End Chart 2011

FSC Powered!

Comment

France

Comment

02. Colombia

Bomba Estereo - Deja

CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                        FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

Spain
                          Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                            USA

Spoiler!
                            Leo
                            Hey I’ve been waiting for the US for last two months. I had next dibs. You must have forgotten Leo and not mention it when you saw someone else claim it. Oh well, what’s another few months. Have to find another pick!
                            My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

Sorry, I didn't think we were able to call dibs on things. I know JSparksFan bestowed it to Leo last month because he finished top five and was able to but, as it didn't finish top five last month, it's fair game. I'm sure you'll get your chance soon!

Comment

Comment

​ ​04 SPAIN, Basque Country/Euskadi

Huntza - 'Odoletan'

​​​​​

​​​​
                                  Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

TURKEY
                                    Serhat Durmus - La Câlin (Obiymy)
                                    PAYPAL DONATE: Coffee for franklex Ử

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                                      Sorry, I didn't think we were able to call dibs on things. I know JSparksFan bestowed it to Leo last month because he finished top five and was able to but, as it didn't finish top five last month, it's fair game. I'm sure you'll get your chance soon!
                                      Appreciate your perspective; it’s curiously noted! Thanks.
                                      ——
                                      I’ll wait to see whether Affiliate decides to keep Oz
                                      My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                                        Appreciate your perspective; it’s curiously noted! Thanks.
                                        ——
                                        I’ll wait to see whether Affiliate decides to keep Oz
                                        There's no wait list for countries. The clock resets each month. That has always been the set up.

Comment

6. NORWAY

Röyksopp feat. Maurissa Rose - Feel It

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                            6. NORWAY

Röyksopp feat. Maurissa Rose - Feel It
                                            The video has been taken down!
                                            trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                            trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

C.A.N.A.D.A.

Comment

7. Canada

Laurell Barker: "Habit" (2021)

Album: Single only

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post

The video has been taken down!
                                                  Works for me - maybe it’s not available in your country?

The only alternative is the 7-minute original mix!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X