Desert Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Island

So me and my partner are rewatching the US office and they play Desert Island. I've looked for a thread but can't find one, if there already is then I apologise.

Basically we are given a topic like Books, DVDs or CDs and you've to choose 5 that you would choose if you where to be stuck on an island forever.

Thought we could start things off with CDs. I'm tempted to keep it 1 CD per artist. However if you have to, I'll allow 2. You can give reasons if you want to.

I'll kick things off.

Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway - an album I can listen to from start to finish without skipping and the songs have aged so, so well.

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory - reminds me of being this little like 14 year old emo trying to fit in at school lol.

Britney Spears - In the zone - Again this is for the nostalgia. I met my best friend when I was 16 when we both where queuing for Britney tickets over night. We listened to the album all night and it has so many memories for me.

Aqua - Aquarium - This was released the last year of primary school and it was one of the first CDs I brought for myself. I still listen to it today and I love it just as much now as I did then.

Evanescence - Fallen - just a brilliant album. Amy's voice is just killer.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys would take.
    Love you like a love song!

Mariah Carey - Butterfly: I would need Mimi in my life and this is my fav album from her.
    Madonna - Like A Prayer: I would also need some Madge and this is the one that I like the most from start to finish
    Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill: It was my fav form my teenage years so I'd keep it. I would go back to remember those beautiful days
    U2 - Achtung Baby: another perfect album from start to finish.
    Bjork - Post: in order to have something to dance to and take some preassure off
    VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
    ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

Re: Desert Island

SZA - Ctrl - Addicted to this album almost a year later. Can see it becoming my all time fav.
      Lana Del Rey - Born to Die - so many memories.
      Beyonce - 4 - fav Bey album
      TLC - CrazySexyCool - some of my fav songs ever on here
      Fleetwood Mac - Tango in the Night - songs for every mood
      ? i bloom just for you ?

Comment

Britney Spears - Britney - My favourite record by my favourite artist; it captures and represents the core essence of her as a superstar. (Talking about the editions which included "Before The Goodbye)
        Loreen - Heal - Probably the best record ever. A pity her new album is such a mess. Can't stand a single track.
        Within Temptation - The Silent Force - Symphonic Metal has never been that epic
        Nightwish - Highest Hopes: The Best of Nightwish - The best songs gathered together on a single CD. A pity Tarja isn't part of the band anymore
        Various Artists - Eurovision Song Contest 2018 - Best year in Eurovision ever. As a huge fan of the contest, I had to take at least one compilation with me ;)
        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

#1 SKRYABIN (SKR?BIN) - ALL Hits Pt.1 [1992-2015] - The best album and songs for all time for me just because of sensuality of lyrics. Lyrics shows the best and the worse in human and his life. This band is a my personal HERO and my soul comes from their song.

#2 Nisse - AUGUST [2015]. I discovered this singer for 3 years ago on Spotify when I was in bad mood, but I can not to stop myself from listening this album over n over even in a very good mood I'm compliantly floored of sounds and music in general. And kinda hard lyrics turn me on as well .

#3 Lady GAGA - The Flame Monster International Deluxe [2009]. Her songs just can make my day. I like tempo of songs and lyrics and that aggressive style of Gaga.

#4 Loreen - Heal [2012] It's the best what could give World of Eurovision to me. Since her album was relied, I've been touched by her vocals, music, emotions so I keep listening this album till nowadays.

#5 My personal collection of Various Artists and their songs.

Comment

Awesome lists so far. Anymore before I move on to a new topic? Come on guys. Don't let me down!

Comment

Madonna - Celebration: the double CD version of the Queen’s hits contains the soundtrack to life. I ain’t be trapped on a desert island without Madonna singing me throughout it all.

Kate Bush - Aerial: Mostly for A Sky of Honey - 45 minutes of pure bliss and one of the best pieces of music written this millennia.

Spice Girls - Greatest Hits: They stole my heart in 1996 and have owned it ever since. I’m onto 402 streams in 2018 alone.

Girls Aloud - Ten (Deluxe): 21st century pop perfection.

Now... Legends: a compilation album of the greatest artists and their best hits from all time. Of course I need this with me
              M08T10

Comment

Now! series from various artists (UK) - I certainly enjoyed some songs in this British compilation series but I liked some of the songs that heard it already.
                Sam Smith - In the Lonely Hour - my two fave songs from this perfect album are the emotional ballad Stay with Me and the feel-good comfortable song I'm Not the Only One.
                Meghan Trainor - Title - I made me like a cool sounds from the 1950s and early to mid-1960s when I heard this album. Sounds danceable but fantastic.
                Adele - 25 - I wondered that it was my fave Adele album so far for me.
                Rupert Holmes - Partners in Crime - this album was great record for me and it had true perfection from this soft rock male act.

Comment

Girls Aloud - Chemistry - pop perfection.
                  ABBA - Gold - best selection of pure catchy songs ever.
                  Delta Goodrem - Mistaken Identity - fantastically dark album with a lot of personal meaning to me.
                  Duran Duran - Rio - fantastic album, by far their best.
                  Fleetwood Mac - Rumours - such a highly-regarded album and deservedly so.

Comment

Janet Jackson - All For You - favourite ever album
                    Janet Jackson - Damita Jo - this record was made for the Islands
                    Waiting To Exhale OST - my therapy
                    Janet Jackson - Number Ones - I may as well have all the hits
                    Mariah Carey - The Emancipation of Mimi - such a solid record

Comment

Mariah Carey | Greatest Hits
                      Madonna | Celebration
                      Celine Dion | My Love: Ultimate Essential Collection
                      Lara Fabian | Best of Lara Fabian
                      Debbie Gibson | We Could Be Together (Box Set)

Best of the best of my five most scrobbled artists.
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Some really interesting choices guys. Going to move onto the next topic in a day or so. thank you to those who've taken part so far.

Comment

1. Mariah Carey - Butterfly. I would of gone with Charmbracelet because its got my all time favourite song on it but I can replay butterfly on repeat & never get bored.

2. Mariah Carey (again hehe) - #1 to Infinity. I need to listen to all her #1's so yeah haha.

3. Michael Jackson - Number Ones. I couldn't just pick one so decided to go with one that has a variation of his works.

4. Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster. It's got so many bangers on it and I love every song bar 1.

5. Beyoncé - B'Day. This was a tough one I was gonna pick this or Britney's single collection but B'Day reminds me of being younger watching the DVD that came with it with my friend a1. Mariah Carey - Butterfly. I would of gone with Charmbracelet because its got my all time favourite song on it but I can replay butterfly on repeat & never get bored.

2. Mariah Carey (again hehe) - #1 to Infinity. I need to listen to all her #1's so yeah haha.

3. Michael Jackson - Number Ones. I couldn't just pick one so decided to go with one that has a variation of his works.

4. Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster. It's got so many bangers on it and I love every song bar 1.

5. Beyoncé - B'Day. This was a tough one I was gonna pick this or Britney's single collection but B'Day reminds me of being younger watching the DVD that came with it with my friend and just loving it.

This was really really HARD I so wanted to put a Cher album...
                          STOP SINGING MY PART NOW BABY.

Comment

Ok nice choices. Has been interesting to read.

Think the next topic is gonna be MOVIES! I'll have to have a think about mine. Ready, set, go!

Comment

Okay...

1. Glitter because it has MARIAH CAREY in it & IMO one of the best soundtracks EVER

2. White Chicks it reminds me of being young and I watch every day for 2 weeks and I know it pretty much word by word haha!

3. The Hot Chick I'd seen this once before I got with my husband and we watched it and I loved it, its so funny.

4. A Christmas Carol (1951) because it will always remind me of my nan

5. TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE!!!! How could I of forgotten that one haha! I love that crazy mo'fo
                              STOP SINGING MY PART NOW BABY.

Comment

#1 World War Z - One of the best apocalyptic movies
                                #2 Brokeback Mountain - emotional
                                #3 A Quiet Place - stunning & brilliant
                                #4 The Others - Nicole Kidman's my favourite actress.
                                #5 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - HP is a must and I think the first one is totally entertaining. It is actually not my favourite movie of the series but it doesn't make sense to choose a sequel instead.
                                Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

1. Jurassic Park - timeless classic.
                                  2. Never Let Me Go - depressingly beautiful
                                  3. The Greatest Showman - get a musical in there
                                  4. Wild Thornberrys Movie - favourite kids film.
                                  5. Mean Girls - comedy classic

Comment

Nice choice

Jurassic Park: I still enjoy it as much as the first time I watched. Just amazing
                                    Mean Girls: classic
                                    White Chick's: reminds me of my husband and my best friends. And it's hilarious
                                    Scream 2: the best in the series and an all time fave
                                    Toy story or The Little Mermaid. I can't choose. Both remind me of childhood. My mum took me to see Toy Story in cinema and my nan used to watch Little Mermaid with me basically on repeat <3

Keep them coming. Also question to mods. Is this in the right place. I didn't realise it was just music games. If so could one of you lovely lot move it pretty please? (and also maybe take part as well :p)

Comment

Moulin Rouge - great music, lots of fun and also very sad moments. It's got everything.

Who's That Girl - funniest movie ever. And I love me some Madonna of course.

Frozen - Got to have some Disney.

Mamma Mia! - my favorite musical.

Beauty and the Beast - an extra Disney movie won't heard.

Comment

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes: My all time favourite movie

Some Like It Hot: My second all time favourite movie

Gone With The Wind: My 3rd all time favourite movie

Chicken Run: My guilty pleasure.

In Bed With Madonna: I’m British.
                                        M08T10

Comment

1. Songs From The Second Floor (2000) - classic abstractionist European movie, a black-comedy drama
                                          2. Noi the Albino (2003) - Icelandic coming-of-age tale
                                          3. Shaun Of The Dead (2004) - hilarious spoof of zombie movies
                                          4. Four Lions (2010) - controversial, but very edgy comedy
                                          5. Edward II (1991) - a bit strange, but so enchanting
                                          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Clue (1985) - My favourite movie of all time, a comedy murder mystery based on the board game Clue/Cluedo. Hilarious and hugely quotable cult classic.

Girls Just Want To Have Fun (1985) - Sarah Jessica Parker, a feisty Helen Hunt and even a young Shannon Doherty in an overlooked but by far the best of the dance movies of the 80s.

Who's That Girl (1987) - Totally underrated classic, Madonna has none of the stiffness she has in most later movies. Nikki Finn is my spirit animal.

King Solomon's Mines (1985) - Sharon Stone is a delight in this fabulous frothy, slightly spoofy take on the Indiana Jones movies.

Entrapment (1999) - I love a cat-burglar movie (If Tomorrow Comes is my favourite mini series of all time) and Catherine Zeta Jones sizzles alongside Sean Connery here.

Honorable mentions: Soapdish, Housesitter, Wes Craven's New Nightmare, Showgirls.

I'm gonna do the albums too as I missed that:

Mariah Carey - Mariah Carey The first album I ever heard on cd and just wow from beginning to end. Nothing can compare to that voice and the way she effortlessly tears through all the different musical styles. It also contains my two favourite Mariah tracks - Prisoner and Alone In Love.

Nick Kamen - Whatever, Whenever My favourite male artist, his voice is at its strongest on this fourth and final album and the change in musical direction makes for a cohesive collection of songs.

Kylie Minogue - Greatest Hits The original compilation album of all her SAW songs is easily the best of her collections as it contains my favourite Kylie track Turn It Into Love and the US single It's No Secret. I absolutely adored this period of her career.

Exposé - The Best of Exposé This Japanese compilation adds tracks missing from their proper Greatest Hits collection and these girls were the queens of the Latin freestyle scene in the 1980's and early 1990s. Sizzlingly feisty dance tracks and classy ballads.

Madonna - Madonna Although the Celebration double disc is a wonderful collection re-instating some classics cruelly left off The Immaculate Collection, her debut album just flows so well that you can get lost in it. It also contains some of my faves of hers - Lucky Star, Borderline, Burning Up and the divine Physical Attraction.

Honorable mentions: Ingrid Chavez - May 19 1992; Mecano = Aidalai; A*Teens - Teen Spirit; ABBA - Voulez Vous; Tight Fit - Tight Fit.
                                            This ain't gon be easy

Comment

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes: My all time favourite movie

Some Like It Hot: My second all time favourite movie
                                              Nice.

Comment

#1 SKRYABIN (SKR?BIN) - ALL Hits Pt.1 [1992-2015] - The best album and songs for all time for me just because of sensuality of lyrics. Lyrics shows the best and the worse in human and his life. This band is a my personal HERO and my soul comes from their song.
                                                their 90s music is amazing, few Depeche Mode nods, but other than that it is dark yet very melodic,

Comment

Originally posted by HotPotato
                                                  Clue (1985) - My favourite movie of all time, a comedy murder mystery based on the board game Clue/Cluedo. Hilarious and hugely quotable cult classic.

Girls Just Want To Have Fun (1985) - Sarah Jessica Parker, a feisty Helen Hunt and even a young Shannon Doherty in an overlooked but by far the best of the dance movies of the 80s.

Who's That Girl (1987) - Totally underrated classic, Madonna has none of the stiffness she has in most later movies. Nikki Finn is my spirit animal.

I'm gonna do the albums too as I missed that:

Mariah Carey - Mariah Carey The first album I ever heard on cd and just wow from beginning to end. Nothing can compare to that voice and the way she effortlessly tears through all the different musical styles. It also contains my two favourite Mariah tracks - Prisoner and Alone In Love.
                                                  Great to see you mention Girls Just Want To Have Fun. One of my all time favorite movies. As is Who's That Girl.
                                                  Never seen Clue, but Cluedo is one of my favorite board games.

Mariah's debut album is also my favorite album.
                                                  I know you've got great taste, but never did I suspect it to be this good.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                    Great to see you mention Girls Just Want To Have Fun. One of my all time favorite movies. As is Who's That Girl.
                                                    Never seen Clue, but Cluedo is one of my favorite board games.

Mariah's debut album is also my favorite album.
                                                    I know you've got great taste, but never did I suspect it to be this good.

Thanks

You MUST track down Clue, I promise you you will love it.

This ain't gon be easy

Comment

Working...
                                                    X