• Show
Clear All

• Colbie
    replied
    Waiting for [MENTION=34238]flopho[/MENTION]

Leave a comment:

• Affillate
    replied
    Ah well done everyone, close round, furthest Ive gotten by a bit in this game, previously it was Round 3 and Round 5 IIRC.

This round was kinda tough to pick for, while it didnt have to be about literally falling in love for the first time ever, I had a look for some others & ended up going back to Lifehouse which was a little bit more abstract on the subject. I Thought of J Lo's First Love, One Direction Last First Kiss and now thinking of Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes maybe could've been an interesting pick but anyways.

Is the Final 3 the last round or is there one more? I'll have a look to see what I would've maybe chosen in the next rounds.

EDIT: ah Duets, thats the round I left in last season, with Galaxy by Stan Walker & Jessica Mauboy. What would I submit for this time?
    Last edited by Affillate; Fri April 19th, 2019, 13:14.

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied

Round 10. Don't go breaking my heart.....

This round is all about duets and collaborations! Two people singing together is better then one, right? And in the history of music we've seen some good ones, some bad ones, some unexpected ones and ones that are iconic!
    Please send me the duet of your choice, goodluck my dear collectors!

Deadline: Tuesday

@Thriller @trebor @flopho
    Last edited by Colbie; Fri April 19th, 2019, 13:03.

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Round 9 Scores

1. Alanis Morisette - Head Over Feet (THRILLER)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iuO49jbovg

Cheapthrills: I like this song; it's just not the most interesting choice. I almost didn't even listen to it because I've heard it so many times, I could do the whole song in my head.
    Score: 7

Jsparskfan: This is good. It's aged well.
    Score: 7,5

Leomedar: I love Alanis, but I think this collection shouild be more about less obvious choices. Still, I cannot give alanis low points, the song is one of my favs from her.

Gagarazzi: One of my favourite Alanis songs. Despite not really being about first love per se, it sums up falling for someone unintentionally pretty well
    Score: 8

2. April Kry – Frieflies (TREBOR)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGm76a7FxeU

Cheapthrills: So this is a cute little country bop! Kind of motivates me to check out more about her!
    Score: 8.5

Jsparskfan: Oh, this is delightful. Light, bouncy, optimistic - fits the theme exquisitely.
    Score: 9

Leomedar: The song was not amazing but it was a nice discovery. The song is catchy, made me stay tuned the whole 3 mins, wouldn't mind running across it again in the future. But her voice was not my cup of tea. Still, good choice.

Gagarazzi: Never heard of this artist, but I enjoyed this song. Sounds like something Katy Perry could have done a few years ago

3. Lifehouse - First Time (AFFILLATE)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0YvWQNWEJA

I seem to remember Lifehouse being more boring than this, but this isn't terrible. Could do with a little more dynamism as it gets kind of repetitive.
    Score: 6.5

Jsparksfan: Simple, straightforward soft rock, but I like it.

Leomedar: For some reason I never clicked with Lifehouse. And songs like this confirm my feeling that they are really uninspired. Not a good choice for my taste.
    Score: 5,5

Gagarazzi: Not the best that I've heard from this group, but not bad too bad either

4. Kadie Elder - First Time He Kissed A Boy (FLOPHO)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et8R5fZOARo

Cheapthrills: This is probably one of my favorite entries of the entire competition and the video was gripping. The music is so sprightly and I am always here for a good LGBTQ anthem.
    Score: 10

Jsparskfan: Once I saw the title, I figured there'd be a 99.92% chance I like it. And I liked it.
    Score: 8,5

Leomedar: Very interesting choice. The song is catchy and the collector took the time to find something unexpected. Good job.
    Score: 9

Gagarazzi: Refreshing content, but I didn't really like the song that much
    Score: 6

With only four collectors we are nearing the final! But sadly we can only take three with us! Flopho gains the most points for his song this round, with Trebor gaining only half a point less! Thriller comes in third place and saves himself as we have to say goodbye to Affillate. I hope you enjoyed the game!
    Last edited by Colbie; Fri April 19th, 2019, 12:52.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    I voted two days ago. Don't look at me.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Bump!

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    I'm coming through soon, too!

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    I've listened to the songs, so will send my votes to you later this morning

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Waiting for [MENTION=23802]JSparksFan[/MENTION]and [MENTION=49569]cheapthrills[/MENTION]

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Votes sent!

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Songs are send to the judges!

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    ^ Done! [MENTION=36732]Affillate[/MENTION]

Leave a comment:

• Affillate
    replied
    [MENTION=38563]Colbie[/MENTION] you need to clear your inbox a bit So I can send through.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Entry submitted!

Leave a comment:

• Affillate
    replied
    ^im going to submit soon too - going with my original choice I think.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Sorry, I am going to submit an entry tonight.
    And yes, it is going to be so far removed from the original theme.
    Thank you for bearing

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    OK submitted! It is what it is.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan View Post
    Ah I knew it would be a wasted song. Musical theatre killed me in the last edition of this game too.
    Look at how I gave you your highest score this round

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Originally posted by Colbie View Post
    Shannon Noll - Now I Run (AFFILLATE)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZLbUIa7exE

Cheapthrills: I have liked the two songs I have heard from Shannon Noll, but not this one. While I wish the vocals were more dynamic, the lyrics are so heartfelt that you’d have to be made of stone to not be touched.
    I meant to say but not HEARD this one. I did like this song!

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    I’m struggling with this one!
    Same! I'll need more time.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Ah I knew it would be a wasted song. Musical theatre killed me in the last edition of this game too.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I’m struggling with this one!

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied

Round 9: First Love

This round is about first loves. It can be someone's first love for music, or a person, it can be anything! For example the first time someone is in a serious relationship, or discovers an instrument or something like that, be creative! I would love to send the songs to the judges by thursday or friday.
    [MENTION=834]Thriller[/MENTION] [MENTION=38400]trebor[/MENTION] [MENTION=34238]flopho[/MENTION] [MENTION=36732]Affillate[/MENTION]

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Oh Spartan, musical theatre killed you bbz.

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Round 8 Scores

Shannon Noll - Now I Run (AFFILLATE)

Gagarazzi: Nollsey! This is such a blast from the past! Growing up in Australia in the mid ‘00s Shannon Noll was such a phenomenon. Now he’s loved in a kind of ironic guilty pleasure kind of way. Nice song.

Jsparksfan: Saccharine, but I liked it anyway.

Cheapthrills: I have liked the two songs I have heard from Shannon Noll, but not this one. While I wish the vocals were more dynamic, the lyrics are so heartfelt that you’d have to be made of stone to not be touched.

Leomedar: As much as I like Country music, this is too similar to many other songs. Like country made by numbers. his voice does not help much. Still, the song has a nice structure, nice violins in the chorus. good guitars. Ok choice.

Into The Woods - No One Is Alone (SPARTAN)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xax...ature=youtu.be

Gagarazzi: Oh no! I’m sorry, but no! This kind of musical theatre style of singing…how may I put it…does not spark any joy whatsoever. Irritating really.
    Score: 1

Jsparksfan: Sleep-inducing

Cheapthrills: The message of this song is positive, but it comes off as such a downer (though the play itself is quite a downer too). I guess this has tangential reference to the theme.
    Score: 6.5

Leomedar: I am not into musicals a lot. I don't like how they force sometimes to match a written line to the song. This one is fine, her voice started a little pitch for me but then ended p sounding nice and smooth. The song was flowing nice, ok choice.

Broods - Mother And Father (FLOPHO)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Eobk_sfIc

Gagarazzi: Pleasant enough, but a voice that is rather forgettable sounding just like all the other indie girls. The production is nice though.
    Score:6

Jsparksfan: Boring

Cheapthrills: Having just discovered the Broods, I was excited to see this choice. The lyrics speak to the fears that everyone has when they leave the nest and try to navigate the challenges of living on their own.
    Score: 7.5

Leomedar: Catchy, the beat makes you move and the song has some touching lines. Broods in general manage to show little emotions but in an effective way. Good song.

John Mayer – Daughters (THRILLER)

Gagarazzi: Not the biggest fan of John’s voice, but this was nice.
    Score:7

Jsparksfan: No digging went into this selection, but it's a good song, so I don't mind.

Cheapthrills: Is John really blaming his girlfriend’s parents for their failed relationship? OK, John. I’m sure it has NOTHING to do with you. Otherwise, the message is on point – treat your children with love so they grow up to do the same.

Leomedar: Beautiful. Safe choice. John's voice envolves you here, and the lyrics are really nice. Very good but this was a grammy winning song so I'll take that into account.

High Valley - A Fathers Love (The Only Way He Knew How) (TREBOR)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg9Pl_mkxQ4

Gagarazzi: Hillbilly daddy love. Sweet.

Jsparskfan: Much too plain for my liking.
    Score: 5

Cheapthrills: This song made me miss my dad
    Score 8.5

Leomedar: Ok, now I'll need to avoid sugar the rest of the day... The song is fine, another made-by-numbers type of song. A song to forget but that wins some points because it is ok and was not expected.

Thriller keeps the lead! The highest score of this round goes to Affillate! Sadly we also have to say goodbye to someone, this round it's Spartan. I want to thank you for participating and i hope you enjoyed it!

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Thanks [MENTION=34683]leomedar[/MENTION] you're a lifesaver!

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    sorry i just opened your message! Just sent my comments, simple and short as now I need to run to work

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Sorry for the terrible delay sweeties! Wish i was able to do this without bumps in the road but ah well

Gravity still hasn't responded, so i just reached out to Leo. Let's hope we can contiue this soon!

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Sent my votes. Weak round overall for me.

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    ^ Thanks darling! Will keep that in mind if Gravity doesn't respond soon!

Only received one set of votes yet....

Also i'd like to note i will be on a holiday from friday till monday, so i wont be able to post the scores until i get back, as i haven't recieved all votes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X