Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan
    replied
    Ah I knew it would be a wasted song. Musical theatre killed me in the last edition of this game too.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I’m struggling with this one!

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied

Round 9: First Love

This round is about first loves. It can be someone's first love for music, or a person, it can be anything! For example the first time someone is in a serious relationship, or discovers an instrument or something like that, be creative! I would love to send the songs to the judges by thursday or friday.
    [MENTION=834]Thriller[/MENTION] [MENTION=38400]trebor[/MENTION] [MENTION=34238]flopho[/MENTION] [MENTION=36732]Affillate[/MENTION]

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Oh Spartan, musical theatre killed you bbz.

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Round 8 Scores

Shannon Noll - Now I Run (AFFILLATE)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZLbUIa7exE

Gagarazzi: Nollsey! This is such a blast from the past! Growing up in Australia in the mid ‘00s Shannon Noll was such a phenomenon. Now he’s loved in a kind of ironic guilty pleasure kind of way. Nice song.
    Score: 8

Jsparksfan: Saccharine, but I liked it anyway.
    Score: 7

Cheapthrills: I have liked the two songs I have heard from Shannon Noll, but not this one. While I wish the vocals were more dynamic, the lyrics are so heartfelt that you’d have to be made of stone to not be touched.

Leomedar: As much as I like Country music, this is too similar to many other songs. Like country made by numbers. his voice does not help much. Still, the song has a nice structure, nice violins in the chorus. good guitars. Ok choice.

Into The Woods - No One Is Alone (SPARTAN)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xax...ature=youtu.be

Gagarazzi: Oh no! I’m sorry, but no! This kind of musical theatre style of singing…how may I put it…does not spark any joy whatsoever. Irritating really.
    Score: 1

Jsparksfan: Sleep-inducing
    Score: 6

Cheapthrills: The message of this song is positive, but it comes off as such a downer (though the play itself is quite a downer too). I guess this has tangential reference to the theme.
    Score: 6.5

Leomedar: I am not into musicals a lot. I don't like how they force sometimes to match a written line to the song. This one is fine, her voice started a little pitch for me but then ended p sounding nice and smooth. The song was flowing nice, ok choice.

Broods - Mother And Father (FLOPHO)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Eobk_sfIc

Gagarazzi: Pleasant enough, but a voice that is rather forgettable sounding just like all the other indie girls. The production is nice though.
    Score:6

Jsparksfan: Boring

Cheapthrills: Having just discovered the Broods, I was excited to see this choice. The lyrics speak to the fears that everyone has when they leave the nest and try to navigate the challenges of living on their own.
    Score: 7.5

Leomedar: Catchy, the beat makes you move and the song has some touching lines. Broods in general manage to show little emotions but in an effective way. Good song.

John Mayer – Daughters (THRILLER)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZLbUIa7exE

Gagarazzi: Not the biggest fan of John’s voice, but this was nice.
    Score:7

Jsparksfan: No digging went into this selection, but it's a good song, so I don't mind.
    Score: 7,5

Cheapthrills: Is John really blaming his girlfriend’s parents for their failed relationship? OK, John. I’m sure it has NOTHING to do with you. Otherwise, the message is on point – treat your children with love so they grow up to do the same.

Leomedar: Beautiful. Safe choice. John's voice envolves you here, and the lyrics are really nice. Very good but this was a grammy winning song so I'll take that into account.

High Valley - A Fathers Love (The Only Way He Knew How) (TREBOR)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg9Pl_mkxQ4

Gagarazzi: Hillbilly daddy love. Sweet.

Jsparskfan: Much too plain for my liking.
    Score: 5

Cheapthrills: This song made me miss my dad
    Score 8.5

Leomedar: Ok, now I'll need to avoid sugar the rest of the day... The song is fine, another made-by-numbers type of song. A song to forget but that wins some points because it is ok and was not expected.

Thriller keeps the lead! The highest score of this round goes to Affillate! Sadly we also have to say goodbye to someone, this round it's Spartan. I want to thank you for participating and i hope you enjoyed it!

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Thanks [MENTION=34683]leomedar[/MENTION] you're a lifesaver!

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    sorry i just opened your message! Just sent my comments, simple and short as now I need to run to work

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Sorry for the terrible delay sweeties! Wish i was able to do this without bumps in the road but ah well

Gravity still hasn't responded, so i just reached out to Leo. Let's hope we can contiue this soon!

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Sent my votes. Weak round overall for me.

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    ^ Thanks darling! Will keep that in mind if Gravity doesn't respond soon!

Only received one set of votes yet....

Also i'd like to note i will be on a holiday from friday till monday, so i wont be able to post the scores until i get back, as i haven't recieved all votes

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    if colbie calls I am here for her, let's hope Gravity resurges so there is consistency!

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    [MENTION=38563]Colbie[/MENTION]
    Gravity hasn't logged in since the 13th of March... !
    Does anybody know where she is? Hope everything is OK [I'm a bit worried]

Maybe we should have a replacement judge. Maybe [MENTION=34683]leomedar[/MENTION] (as he sat on the judge's panel before).

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    I voted - decent group

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    [MENTION=22841]GaGarazzi[/MENTION] [MENTION=46754]Gravity[/MENTION] [MENTION=23802]JSparksFan[/MENTION] [MENTION=49569]cheapthrills[/MENTION] Come on guys, get at it! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    ^
    Oh, good! Glad he made it!

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    ^ Yes he did! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by Colbie View Post
    I don't understand what you mean?
    I meant if flopho hasnít participated. Or has he?

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan View Post
    Does this mean we all get a free pass to the next round?
    I don't understand what you mean?

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by Colbie View Post
    Songs are send the to judges!
    Does this mean we all get a free pass to the next round?

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Songs are send to the judges!
    Last edited by Colbie; Sun March 31, 2019, 17:14.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    ^
    flophoe last logged in on the 21st of March.
    I understand that all of FSC is also waiting on his voting!

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Only waiting for [MENTION=34238]flopho[/MENTION]

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Submitted. Originally wanted to submit Danzig.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Sent - not sure it will be everyone’s cup of tea but oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Submitted my song, it was tricky choosing one so I went with something personal to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X