Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

143rd FSC (Apr. 2019) - Kópavogsbćr, Iceland (Niđurstöđur)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Yes, unfortunately. This is where he announced it.

I think he was finding it harder and harder to find time to organize it or even participate.

That's sad

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
      Yes, unfortunately. This is where he announced it.

I think he was finding it harder and harder to find time to organize it or even participate.

That's sad

Comment

#11 Germany - Alvaro Soler - Loca

Trying something different in terms of my entries. "Loca" is Alvaro's latest single and in my humble opinion, one of his finest songs.

https://youtu.be/WPvOxZrVey0
        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Back after a while... with Switzerland

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
            Back after a while... with Switzerland
            Welcome back

Comment

12 | IRELAND

KODALINE - FOLLOW YOUR FIRE

Released 2018
              UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

13. New Zealand

Robinson - Karma

Comment

14.DENMARK

KWAMIE LIV: New Boo
                  jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

Comment

15. ANGOLA

MOB STREET - TETE

Last edited by mondflug; Sun April 7th, 2019, 13:10.
                    My Year End Chart 2011

FSC Powered!

Comment

16. KOSOVO

Tuna ft. Yll Limani - A don hala

OMG this song has hit me hard emotionally

Comment

17. Switzerland

Eluveitie - Ambiramus

The song I would have loved as our official ESC entry this year... it actually meets all requirements (length, release date, a Swiss band).

Comment

18. Malaysia
                          Natasha Sass - Wenn ich schlaf

Comment

You have a little less than 48 hours to present a song and a little less than 24 hours before any reservations on countries are released.

Comment

19. ITALY Italian Republic | Repubblica Italiana

Artist: The Sun
                              Song: Outsider
                              Album. Luce | Espíritus Del Sol
                              Year: 2012 | 2019

trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                              trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

20. CROATIA
                                Tonči & Madre Badessa - GUŠTAN

I'm kind of just interested how high (or low ) this will go.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

21 USA

https://youtu.be/4h26oYuE2h0

Will amend later
                                  You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

22. Poland

Natalia Nykiel - Spokój

KUBA'S CHART

Comment

i have not even listened to any song yet. I feel very excited I see some artists I love very much and did not expect to see them here! <3 thank you guys, you will understand from my points XD

Comment

Please find below my favourite thing fo the month!!!

Youtube PLAYLIST
                                        Last edited by ConstantinosV; Mon April 15th, 2019, 01:31. Reason: give link a title

Comment

I would like to ask someone to double check everything is correct! I have 22 entries.

Comment

Tími til ađ kjósa! Time to VOTE!

It's raining all week in Kópavogsbćr, so there's plenty of time for you to settle down and listen to this month's wonderfully diverse collection!

PM me your favorite songs, using this format:

[Name of country voting]
                                            12 points ___________________(favorite country)
                                            10 points ______________________
                                            08 points ______________________
                                            07 points ______________________
                                            06 points ______________________
                                            05 points ______________________
                                            04 points ______________________
                                            03 points ______________________
                                            02 points ______________________
                                            01 point _______________________(10th favorite country)
                                            [11th fav
                                            12th fav - LAST TWO NON-MANDATORY]

Deadline: April 27

Comment

voted. There were some good and catchy songs in this month's bunch
                                              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Your map shows that Mongolia is also involved in FSC.
                                                My Likes On Soundcloud
                                                Last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover View Post
                                                  Your map shows that Mongolia is also involved in FSC.
                                                  I know! I swear I didn't select it. I feel like maploco was trying to make some sort of weird political statement, by including it whenever I picked China.

Comment

I only listened to the list once. I can already tell I have one or two favorites

Comment

This month is GREAT. 2019 started very weak (with the most underwhelming months ever) but March and this one totally averaged it.

I didn't dislike ANY song and I would totally have voted for 15 entries, bc it was hard to cut 5. I'm pretty happy with my Top 10 though.

My #1 was always clear and I'm cheering for it, but I could see like 10 of these songs winning so I'm perched to see results (also pretty disappointed I didn't select a flop entry for this month since I think my song -which I think is one my strongest- may be missing the winning title by a little bit like last month lol).

P.S.: I actually wondered if there was a country called "Tansike"

Comment

Also, I think Mainshow's entry is REALLY arguable for DQ (or a reclassification since there's none Spain entry this month.

I was shocked to see Álvaro Soler as a German entry since: a) he was born and lives in Spain; b) his work, language and influence is all Spanish; c) we already had an entry from him with Spain a few months ago.

In his defense, his father is German. But with that logic, I could present a Christina Aguilera entry with Ecuador.

Comment

Originally posted by HC55555 View Post
                                                          Also, I think Mainshow's entry is REALLY arguable for DQ (or a reclassification since there's none Spain entry this month.

I was shocked to see Álvaro Soler as a German entry since: a) he was born and lives in Spain; b) his work, language and influence is all Spanish; c) we already had an entry from him with Spain a few months ago.

In his defense, his father is German. But with that logic, I could present a Christina Aguilera entry with Ecuador.
                                                          My German entry is, with no doubt, eligible. Some parts of the comment above are wrong: Alvaro Tauchert [German last name] Soler might not have been born in Germany (since he was born in Barcelona, Spain) but he's a German citizen [he's got both - a Spanish and a German citizenship], his father is German, he speaks German fluently, he attended a German school (also when his family lived in Tokyo, Japan) and he currently lives and works in Berlin, Germany, and he has also written songs in German for other artists as well. He's eligible for both countries (Spain and Germany).
                                                          My entry is perfectly fine and totally eligible ;)

Btw, In previous editions, we have had similar cases, e.g. Ivan Dorn representing Russia as well as Ukraine; or Troye Sivan representing both South Africa and Australia.
                                                          Last edited by Mainshow; Fri April 19th, 2019, 09:37.

Comment

Originally posted by HC55555 View Post
                                                            P.S.: I actually wondered if there was a country called "Tansike"
                                                            <3 OMG I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS! [MENTION=32120]Tansike[/MENTION]

Comment

Well, I guess you made some points but there's no denying that song is more Spain-representing than German.

It reminded me of Argentina's only win ever in this contest - by some duet featuring a girl who was born in Buenos Aires but then moved to Canada or something. That song had NOTHING to do with Argentina, nobody in my country knows that duet and despite y'all obviously hate Arg folk so I have to try to go for an international-like indie/pop sound, it's a pity my country could only win with an impostor entry.

(another pity is that Peru could have won with an all-folk entry but y'all robbed it by some generic song that usually win this contest but let me stop mixing issues ).

Comment

Working...
                                                              X