Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

146th FSC (July 2019) - Lucerne, Switzerland (RESULTAT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 146th FSC (July 2019) - Lucerne, Switzerland (RESULTAT)

Hallo! Bainvis a Svizra!! Hello! Welcome to Switzerland!

Welcome to the land of [MENTION=32120]Tansike[/MENTION] , where we last visited four years ago. This time we are in Switzerland thanks to [MENTION=37899]CandyPerfumeBoy[/MENTION] who scored quite high with this song:

You know you have an obscure language when even Google Translate couldn't care less about it. But Romansh is one of four official languages of Switzerland, so let's test it out this month.

I chose Lucerne, because it's a Swiss city I have actually visited, and it's beautiful. It was during the month of November when I visited and I had some pretty incredible fondue. The Lion monument is about to hit its 200th anniversary. And there's a nice lake which old, picturesque bridges. Also, I bought a cute cuckoo clock there while in the town

RULES

01. This is a monthly contest, modeled after Eurovision. You need to have at least 10 posts to your credit to take part.
    02. You can pick any country in the world.
    03. The artist you choose has either to be a citizen of the country they'll represent or to have been born there. At least HALF of the people from your act must be from the country you choose.
    04. Your song must be 10 years old at the most. For 2019, eligible entries must have been released after December 31st, 2008.
    05. Eurovision entries are not allowed. Songs from concurrent Eurovision heats are not allowed either.
    06. The song cannot have been a UK/US Top 40 hit, as it would give it an unfair advantage.
    07. The song can be a remix.
    08. The song cannot be a cover version.
    09. If your song features a sample, please state it early enough, so the other contestants can decide whether it is acceptable or not by poll.
    10. You cannot vote for your own country.
    11. Discussion about one's favourites during the contest is NOT ALLOWED, as it has the potential to influence the voting.
    12. PLEASE try and choose a song not everyone would know, the point is to discover new artists.
    13. If a song becomes or is found to be ineligible at any time before the voting is over, it will be disqualified.
    14. Make sure you understand all the rules before you take part. You will need to devote about 2 hours of your time to this game to listen to all the entries at least once. Do a little research on your entry before you present it, be sure that it doesn't violate any rules, and check here to see if it has taken part before.

TIMELINE

01 - 13/4 | RESERVE & PRESENT: Present your entry or just reserve your country. Last month's top 5 get their choice from last month reserved, so nobody may choose these countries until they let them go:

01. Switzerland (CandyPerfumeBoy)
    02. Netherlands (Colbie)
    03. Denmark (Undercover)
    04. United States (KindOf)
    05. Argentina (HC55555)

14/7 | RESERVE and PRESENT: Pick any country that hasn't been presented yet and present your entry. A maximum of 30 confirmed entries in total will be accepted.

15/7 PRESNT - All reservations are now expired. This is the final date to present an entry.

16 - 28/7| VOTE! Whoever fails to vote during this period cannot participate in the following contest.

29/4 | Late Vote: Whoever votes on this date will receive a 10 points penalty.

30/4 | Very Late Vote: Whoever votes on this date will receive a 15 points penalty. Whoever fails to vote by this date (Lucerne time) will be disqualified.

31/3 | Results

ALL RULES AND PENALTIES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED

ENTRIES:

Albania (Nanda) | Alban Skënderaj - Lea
    Argentina (HC55555) | Valdes - Bailar Sola
    Australia (CandyPerfumeBoy) | The Veronicas - Think Of Me
    Belarus (Mainshow) | Shuma - Clouds (Хмаркі)
    Croatia (navi) | kids from the sky - Yellow Paradise
    Denmark (Affillate) | Christopher - Bad
    Greece (ConstantinosV) | Marieta Fafouti ft Gautier - You Give Me Love
    Japan (Spiral) | Prizmax - Dance
    Mongolia (trebor) | Seryoja - Echo
    Morocco (jio) | Ahmed Soultan - Ana O Rassi
    New Zealand (KindOf) | SACHI - Hollywood Angel, Feat. E^ST
    Poland (jszmiles) | GOLEC uORKIESTRA & GROMEE feat. BEDOES - GÓRĄ TY
    Portugal (heppolo) | Dino D'Santiago - Nova Lisboa
    South Korea (Colbie) | Ateez (에이티즈) - Wave
    Spain (mondflug) | Anna Linares - Juguete Viejo
    Ukraine (franklex) | Onuka - Time
    United Kingdom (Top10) | Russell Small, DNO P, Laurent Schark feat. Amanda Wilson - Make You Understand
    Zimbabwe (cheapthrills) | Shingai - Coming Home

Playlist courtesy of ConstantinosV

1. ZIMBABWE

Shingai - Coming Home

Shingai has dual citizenship, so I am choosing Zimbabwe in order to leave the UK free.

Comment

2. United Kingdom
      Russell Small, DNO P, Laurent Schark feat. Amanda Wilson - Make You Understand

After the return of Russell Small on Spinnin last year, this time Russian label releases British funky house and the co-authors are more than favourite: Laurent Schark and DNO P . The vocalist who doesn't need presentation, Amanda Wilson, also joins the big company.
      Top 10 - 29.05.2020.

Comment

2. United Kingdom
        Russell Small, DNO P, Laurent Schark feat. Amanda Wilson - Make You Understand

After the return of Russell Small on Spinnin last year, this time Russian label releases British funky house and the co-authors are more than favourite: Laurent Schark and DNO P . The vocalist who doesn't need presentation, Amanda Wilson, also joins the big company.
        Top 10 - 29.05.2020.

Comment

Ukraine

Comment

Australia
            Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

Belarus
              Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Sourh Korea

Netherlands is free

Comment

Won't be able to take part in this month's contest due to the summer vacation trip. Therefore Denmark is free. Good luck to all the contestants.
                  My Likes On Soundcloud
                  Last.fm

Comment

03. ALBANIA

Alban Skënderaj - Lea

Comment

New Zealand

Comment

04. BELARUS

Shuma - Clouds (Хмаркі)

I just discovered this track last month because it won "the bronze" prize at the Berlin Music Video Awards in the "Best Narrative" category.
                        In the Ukrainian-produced music video, the struggle of a transgender child is portrayed.
                        I think that the whole song is performed in Belarusian and it would be a great fit since it's Pride Month.

Genre: ethno-electronic

The song starts at 2:17

Comment

Poland for me
                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

greece

Comment

05. Greece
                              Marieta Fafouti ft Gautier

Comment

USA
                                You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Spain
                                  My Year End Chart 2011

FSC Powered!

Comment

Isn't this supposed to be retro month?

Canada
                                    jio CHARTS NOW:25/5/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10400726

Comment

Retro month is August

Comment

Originally posted by Mainshow View Post

Shuma - Clouds (Хмаркі)
                                        also Belarusian Eurovision NF runner-up in 2018.
                                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

6. Portugal
                                          Dino D'Santiago - Nova Lisboa
                                          Genre: Soul, World Music, Funaná
                                          Year: 2018
                                          Description: a mix of old and new sounds. Dino is a Portuguese singer of Cape Verdean descent and the influences are obvious.

Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                            Wow! I didn't know that they tried to represent Belarus. It would have been such a bold choice!

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                              Wow! I didn't know that they tried to represent Belarus. It would have been such a bold choice!

Comment

Denmark as undercover has vacated it for now.
                                                UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

hahah I like this duplicated messages

Comment

Working...
                                                  X