Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

146th FSC (July 2019) - Lucerne, Switzerland (RESULTAT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affillate
    replied
    Congrats to Croatia/navi. Thanks to all the Denmark Voters. the last few sets really helped boost to the first half. I was picking between this one and Monogamy another single from the album, Christopher also released a new song recently too.

Will need to catch up on posting my votes/notes to the last few threads. Last month I had Germany as 12 but due to DQ the Swiss entry moved up top.
    Retro month should be interesting I also have a few ideas for the contests after.

Leave a comment:

• Spiral
    replied
    Congrats [MENTION=36312]navi[/MENTION]. Well deserved. Crotia was good.

Thanks to those who voted for Japan especially [MENTION=49569]cheapthrills[/MENTION] for 12pts and [MENTION=38563]Colbie[/MENTION] for 10pts

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    I wish that Japan had finished a little higher - for awhile there it was in the top five, but the later votes didn't give it as much support.
    I wish they ended up higher also but I kinda expected for them to finish in the middle. I mean, Jpop boyband/girlband are not popular worldwide. The groups that dominate Japanese music industry are those cutesy idols (I despise their music very much). But i wish those bands that producing non cutesy songs could be more popular worldwide. Their viewer numbers on Youtube are quite sad to look at. I thought after starred in Ready Player One, Morisaki Win's career will take off into International level but I guess his agency doesn't really know what to do (Or maybe he himself don't know what to do). They even made their 2nd album in English but they didn't even promote it outside Japan

Leave a comment:

• ConstantinosV
    replied
    double post

Leave a comment:

• ConstantinosV
    replied
    Congrats to the winner!!! so happy about it. It gave me all the good vibes of an old decade. A bit nostalgic and perfect match for my top ten! I gave 10 pts to that one. I also wanna give a Head ups to frnklex. I mean.. an artist doesnt make a song good. Artists make songs succeed but that doesnt change the quality . Having only 17 songs to vote, obviously our top 10s were not all the songs that we really loved.

Moving on, I would like to thank everyone for the second spot and all those people who voted for me. Special thanks to trebor and franklex for 12 pts and navi for 10 <3

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by HC55555 View Post
    I'm mad about this month.
    Argentina placed 12th in such a bad month?? After listening to this edition horrible entries, I thought my amazing song had it in the bad. Ukmix terrible taste strikes again.
    I gave Argentina 5 pts, but in general a non-English language entry ain't winning the FSC that often, it's like in the regular Eurovision, the only other language than English that has a long-term success story in FSC is French.
    Also the very start of the song relies heavily on male falsetto which is might be immediately offputting for some.
    And the tempo was a bit too fast for the typical FSC contender.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Congratulations, [MENTION=36312]navi[/MENTION]!
    Well done
    And, great for Greece to finish so high!

Leave a comment:

• HC55555
    replied
    I presume everyone likes the song they submitted though Your song placed way above mine. I think Shingai was done so wrong Thanks heppolo and Nanda for your top three votes.

I enjoyed most of the selections this month. I wish that Japan had finished a little higher - for awhile there it was in the top five, but the later votes didn't give it as much support. I was really quite pleased with the winner though - I thought navi submit a great choice and is a deserving winner.
    Not always the case. Sometimes you know when a song will do good here despite it's not for your taste. Same as songs you love but you know they will flop in here.

Also, most of the times you feel, while hearing other songs, that your song is not as good and it will be lucky of getting a Top 10. But this month, I felt for the first time ever the total opposite. I thought my entry deserved to win by a landslide.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    I presume everyone likes the song they submitted though Your song placed way above mine. I think Shingai was done so wrong Thanks heppolo and Nanda for your top three votes.

I enjoyed most of the selections this month. I wish that Japan had finished a little higher - for awhile there it was in the top five, but the later votes didn't give it as much support. I was really quite pleased with the winner though - I thought navi submit a great choice and is a deserving winner.

Leave a comment:

• HC55555
    replied
    I'm mad about this month.

A) Congrats to the winner. I voted for it, but I wouldn't in any other previous month of the year because it's an average song. So I didn't vote it because it was good, I voted it because there were like 10 worst songs.

B) Argentina placed 12th in such a bad month?? After listening to this edition horrible entries, I thought my amazing song had it in the bad. Ukmix terrible taste strikes again.

C) I think it's unfair my 12 points - and the only song I really liked and got a >7 score from me (something it never happened to me since usually all my Top 5/10 get at least a 7 score)- it's from a very well-known act (and a song I previosuly knew). I'm obviously talking about The Veronicas. What's next, entering Colombia/Shakira or Canada/Avril?

Leave a comment:

• Mainshow
    replied
    Congrats for another victory, navi.
    What a landslide victory! it's funny and indeed remarkable that I was the only guy not voting for it - tbh, I didn't like it at all (sry) even though I do favor Croatian music in music competitions very often xD
    Nonetheless, it's great to see FSC finally moving to Croatia ;)

I'm glad Greece and Ukraine did perform so well.
    I'm slightly disappointed that my favourite - Mongolia - didn't reach the Top 10 and that my own entry did end up being bottom 5 as well as Portugal and Spain. Anyway, thank you for voting for Belarus - especially jszmiles for his 12s ;)

Leave a comment:

• HC55555
    replied
    Deleted
    Last edited by HC55555; Tue July 30, 2019, 01:48.

Leave a comment:

• navi
    replied
    well...
    what a improvement compared to last month, from a last place to a highest position
    thanks to all the voters, and one non voter - Mainshow - he usually likes Croatian music

this is my second victory, exactly one year after the first one, so July must be a my lucky month
    it is also a first ever victory for Croatia.

as i hit it with the winning song, my three best ranked songs ended up at 2d, 3rd and 4th place,
    so i manage to anticipate this month results so good

see you next month

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by jszmiles View Post

Shame Belarus did so badly, it's unique song (well actually doesn't fit in this competition at all).
    Nearly did fit in the actual Eurovision last year
    Congrats to navi, didn't expect such a landslide victory for Croatia this month
    Thanks to everyone who voted for Portugal, I won enough contests to keep sticking to my non-English policy

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    Not bad result for Poland but I expected more, Sorry Navi but the winner song's is so average, as well as #2. Onuka was presented some time ago I think and did well then so #3 was expected

Shame Belarus did so badly, it's unique song (well actually doesn't fit in this competition at all).

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    How exciting! Everyone got their vote in on time!

And everyone got at least 20 points.

RESULTAT

Leave a comment:

• Affillate
    replied
    Voted.

Leave a comment:

• HC55555
    replied
    Voted.

#1 was pretty clear (and somehow unfair) - rest wasn't. Probably the worst month I ever participated in.

If my (really strong) song don't end up winning with such an easy competition, I don't think I ever will again.

Leave a comment:

• Affillate
    replied
    I just have to rank the songs. Will vote tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• mondflug
    replied
    Voted!

Leave a comment:

• Nanda
    replied
    I've voted <3

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    [MENTION=32149]Nanda[/MENTION] [MENTION=24524]HC55555[/MENTION] [MENTION=36312]navi[/MENTION] [MENTION=36732]Affillate[/MENTION] [MENTION=6432]Spiral[/MENTION] [MENTION=37910]KindOf[/MENTION] [MENTION=18431]mondflug[/MENTION]

Sending my reminder now as I won't be around tonight - you have a little over 48 hours to vote.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    [MENTION=32149]Nanda[/MENTION] [MENTION=24524]HC55555[/MENTION] [MENTION=36312]navi[/MENTION] [MENTION=36732]Affillate[/MENTION] [MENTION=6432]Spiral[/MENTION] [MENTION=37910]KindOf[/MENTION] [MENTION=18431]mondflug[/MENTION]

Sending my reminder now as I won't be around tonight - you have a little over 48 hours to vote.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    voted, really like my #1 , never expected to hear some good music from that country

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Since there's a week left before the new contest, I though I'd post this for anyone new to FSC.

August is retro month, meaning songs must be at least 10 years old to participate. Hopefully, the advance notice can help you prepare

Leave a comment:

• ConstantinosV
    replied
    Thanks again [MENTION=36758]ConstantinosV[/MENTION] for the playlist!

My pleasure

Leave a comment:

Working...
X