Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

147th FSC (Aug 2019-RETRO): Zagreb, Croatia (REZULTATI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 147th FSC (Aug 2019-RETRO): Zagreb, Croatia (REZULTATI)

Zdravo! Dobrodošli u Hrvatsku! Hello! Welcome to Croatia!

FSC visits this country for the first time! Our retro contest will be held in Croatia, which got this win last month courtesy of [MENTION=36312]navi[/MENTION] , who crushed the competition with this gem:

Zagreb lies close to the Adriatic and has over a million people in the metro area. The nice thing for us voters in Zagreb is that the Grič cannon is fired everyday to mark when it is noon, so you really have no excuse for being late this month

As far as things to do while you pass the time, well, I mean, it's a big city so there are museums (if you're feeling particularly lonely, the Museum of Broken Relationships might give you solace) and beautiful city squares, but for my money, I'm going to walk around the city in pursuit of finding the Devet pogleda, or Nine Views, a city wide art installation of the solar system. Or perhaps the Villa Rebar, the ruins of a former dictator where you can descend into some secret tunnels, though Google says that's closed so wish me luck.

Also, apparently there is some called štrukli , a cottage cheese strudel which looks delicious.

As a reminder, this is Retro Month, so please take care with the release date of your entry.

RULES

01. This is a monthly contest, modeled after Eurovision. You need to have at least 10 posts to your credit to take part.
    02. You can pick any country in the world.
    03. The artist you choose has either to be a citizen of the country they'll represent or to have been born there. At least HALF of the people from your act must be from the country you choose.
    04. Your song must be over 10 years old. For Retro FSC 2019, eligible entries must have been released before January 1st, 2009.
    05. Eurovision entries are not allowed. Songs from concurrent Eurovision heats are not allowed either.
    06. The song cannot have been a UK/US Top 40 hit, as it would give it an unfair advantage.
    07. The song can be a remix.
    08. The song cannot be a cover version.
    09. If your song features a sample, please state it early enough, so the other contestants can decide whether it is acceptable or not by poll.
    10. You cannot vote for your own country.
    11. Discussion about one's favorites during the contest is NOT ALLOWED, as it has the potential to influence the voting.
    12. PLEASE try and choose a song not everyone would know, the point is to discover new artists.
    13. If a song becomes or is found to be ineligible at any time before the voting is over, it will be disqualified.
    14. Make sure you understand all the rules before you take part. You will need to devote about 2 hours of your time to this game to listen to all the entries at least once. Do a little research on your entry before you present it, be sure that it doesn't violate any rules, and check here to see if it has taken part before.

TIMELINE

01 - 14/8 | RESERVE & PRESENT: Present your entry or just reserve your country. Last month's top 5 get their choice from last month reserved, so nobody may choose these countries until they let them go:

01. Croatia (navi)
    02. Greece (ConstantinosV)
    03. Ukraine (franklex)
    04. Australia (CandyPerfumeBoy)
    05. Albania (Nanda)

15/8 PRESENT - All reservations are now expired. This is the final date to present an entry.

16 - 28/8| VOTE! Whoever fails to vote during this period cannot participate in the following contest.

29/8 | Late Vote: Whoever votes on this date will receive a 10 points penalty.

30/8 | Very Late Vote: Whoever votes on this date will receive a 15 points penalty. Whoever fails to vote by this date (Zagreb time) will be disqualified.

31/8 | Results

ALL RULES AND PENALTIES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED

ENTRIES:

Argentina (HC55555) - Bandana - Guapas
    Australia - Affillate - 1927 - If I Could
    Belarus (heppolo) - Merry Poppins - Kartinki (Pictures)
    Bulgaria (Top10) - Star Tattooed feat. Ava - Make Me High
    Croatia (navi) - Laufer - Budi Moja Voda
    France (trebor) - Taxi Girl - Cherchez Le Garçon
    Germany (CandyPerfumeBoy) - X-Perience - A Neverending Dream
    Greece (ConstantinosV) - Μάρω Κοντού - I mavri ford
    Ireland (westhammer) - Director - Reconnect
    Italy (jio) - Lucio Battisti - Una Giornata Uggiosa
    Lithuania (Undercover) - Foje - Laužo Šviesa
    Malaysia (Spiral) - Noraniza Idris - Dondang Dendang
    Netherlands (Nanda) - 2 Brothers on the 4th floor - Dreams (Will come alive)
    New Zealand (Mainshow) - Sola Rosa - Turn Around (feat. Iva Lamkum)
    Poland (jszmiles) - Majka Jeżowska - A Ja Wolę Moją Mamę
    Spain (mondflug) - Presuntos implicados : Alma de blues
    Sweden (KindOf) - Jennifer Brown - Tuesday Afternoon
    Ukraine (franklex) - Антитіла - БудуВуду
    United States (cheapthrills) - Eric Hutchinson - You Don't Have to Believe Me

I had a song in mind, but just realized it was used in a previous retro, so will bring the US back for now.

If someone really wants the US, just tell me and I will pick a different country

Comment

Germany
      Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

i'm torn between UK and Croatia
        if i choose UK, Croatia is automatically free
        but am I entitled to change my mind and take Croatia again

Comment

Originally posted by navi View Post
          i'm torn between UK and Croatia
          if i choose UK, Croatia is automatically free
          but am I entitled to change my mind and take Croatia again
          As long as no one takes Croatia, it wouldn't be a problem. I think it was KindOf last month who reserved Canada but ended up going with New Zealand.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
            As long as no one takes Croatia, it wouldn't be a problem. I think it was KindOf last month who reserved Canada but ended up going with New Zealand.

withdraw, i'll stick with Croatia

Comment

Sweden

Comment

let me try Poland again. Is there a history of a retro FSC entries? I don't want to make a double
                KUBA'S CHART

Comment

1. Bulgaria
                  Star Tattooed feat. Ava - Make Me High (Enzo Mori & Stephan Clark Radio Edit)

The Bulgarian duo Star Tattooed broke the charts in its country, France and Finland. The single recieved biggest international support in the home of Eiffel Tower and, logically, French DJs Enzo Mori and Stephen Clark (also known as Starting Rock) remixed the track for their market. The result is brilliant, tbh.

If there's any problem with this video, let me know and I'll change it asap.
                  Top 10 - 21.02.2020.

Comment

Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                    let me try Poland again. Is there a history of a retro FSC entries? I don't want to make a double
                    Here is the FSC History thread, which you can search.

Comment

Spain
                      My Year End Chart 2011

FSC Powered!

Comment

Congratulations navi for finally bringing FSC to Croatia! Woo

Comment

Hmmm Italy unless the US is free
                          jio CHARTS NOW:24/2/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10352834

Comment

Russia
                            Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

France
                              trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                              trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

#2 FRANCE French Republic | République Française

Artist: Taxi Girl
                                Song: Cherchez Le Garçon
                                Album: Cherchez Le Garçon: Album
                                Year: 1980

trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

New Zealand.

Russia is free
                                  Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Argentina

So many national classics (y'all foreigners are probably going to hate), I don't know which one to choose.

I still can't get over the fact El Amor Después del Amor (presented by [MENTION=34683]Leo[/MENTION]medar) ended last. We're talking about one of the few DIAMOND records in the history of my country (a million sales), wtf.
                                    Last edited by HC55555; Thu August 1st, 2019, 21:05.

Comment

Originally posted by grooveboy View Post
                                      Congratulations navi for finally bringing FSC to Croatia! Woo

Thanks,
                                      zalomilo se i nama (kad se uopče nisam nadao)

btw. zašto se ne vratiš

Comment

Lithuania
                                        My Likes On Soundcloud
                                        Last.fm

Comment

Sorry for getting away from the main theme in this thread, but as I see that here are many users from Croatia too, maybe somebody can help me to complete my chart-list collection of Radio Zagreb Top 20 (later HRT Top 20) from the period 1984 to 1994. Is there somebody from Croatia who noticed this weekly charts or the 90's charts from Radio Split and Radio Dalmacija?

Comment

[MENTION=37899]CandyPerfumeBoy[/MENTION] are you keeping Australia?
                                            UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

*nevermind
                                              Last edited by Noahh; Fri August 2nd, 2019, 10:54.
                                              "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                                                [MENTION=37899]CandyPerfumeBoy[/MENTION] are you keeping Australia?
                                                Nope, you can have it
                                                Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

Originally posted by CandyPerfumeBoy View Post
                                                  Nope, you can have it
                                                  Yay Thanks. Australia
                                                  UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X