Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

147th FSC (Aug 2019-RETRO): Zagreb, Croatia (REZULTATI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    GLAS!
    that Google translation is useless for Croatian
    the right word is GLASANJE

Last month, no US, and this month, no UK! I wonder if the UK has ever missed an FSC before?
    i am surprised as well, especially for UK

Comment

Voted... I don't think my 10-pointer worths it in terms of quality but it brings up so many memories of a (much) happier time it literally made me shiver... Otherwise a great month
      jio CHARTS NOW:10/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10445860

Comment

Oh the Argentinian link links to the Swedish song!!!
        Last edited by jio; Sat August 24, 2019, 08:04.

Comment

Originally posted by jio View Post
          Oh the Argentinian link links to the Swedish song!!!
          Thanks! I updated it.

Comment

Voted.
            UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Have to admit I struggled a little this month, but I'd say there were six songs I really enjoyed and then the rest of the songs in my list could almost have gone in any order.

Comment

voted. good luck, everyone
                Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Just a reminder that there are a little over two days to vote.

Comment

voted! I think it will be a battle between three songs
                    Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

voted!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I agree with CPB! it will be battle of three.. Good luck to everyone!! Whoever wins is well deserved!

Comment

Look, I know Zagreb is hypnotic, but it really is time to vote. You have just over 24 hours
                          [MENTION=24524]HC55555[/MENTION] [MENTION=36312]navi[/MENTION] [MENTION=1322]westhammer[/MENTION] [MENTION=6432]Spiral[/MENTION] [MENTION=32149]Nanda[/MENTION] [MENTION=894]jszmiles[/MENTION] [MENTION=18431]mondflug[/MENTION] [MENTION=38557]franklex[/MENTION]

Comment

^@ still does not work for me.

anyway will vote today.
                            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I have ranked all songs. It's kinda unfair that one of my fav songs of 90s is here as it would defo win most FSC for me. Hope it will win this as well.

Pretty like my top 5 this week, the bottom half is rather in random order.
                              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Voted

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                                  @HC55555
                                  Which artist is now ultimately competing for Argentina: Bandana or Enanitos Verdes?
                                  Oh f*** Enanitos Verdes was my original (and probably next Retro) pick but I changed it last minute. When they asked me for another link I was probably thinking in something else so I intuitively posted "Lamento Boliviano". Sorry for the confusion and I hope everybody ranked Bandana instead.

It's late and I have to be up in 4 hours but I'm ranking the songs so I don't get a penalty u.u

Comment

Just voted. I REALLY enjoyed my Top 10. My #1 song wasn't meant to be my #1 but it kept growing on me, while my original #1 bored me and ended up with 6 points.

My "controversial" thought of the month: one of the songs is actually a BIG classic, and I don't think that's only the case in my Southern Latin American country. Its participation is unfair, I don't care if it wasn't a US/UK Top 40, there are 200 other countries in the world.
                                    Last edited by HC55555; Wed August 28, 2019, 08:17.

Comment

^actually there were at least 3 well known tracks here, one even top 4 song in Germany. Other two charted high there as well. I don't think any of British know this high charting song at all though.
                                      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

voted

Comment

Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                                          ^actually there were at least 3 well known tracks here, one even top 4 song in Germany. Other two charted high there as well. I don't think any of British know this high charting song at all though.
                                          OK, but I would call "local" to a song charting in a few bordering countries or similar culture/same language. A song that is a classic (even familiar to a 90s-born person) in a country that is usually reluctant to songs in another languages (like Argentina) is a pretty good parameter of a global hit, which is where I would draw a line.

Comment

Voted!

I agree there is a widely-known entry by a well-known act :/
                                            My Year End Chart 2011

FSC Powered!

Comment

All the votes are in! Yay!

R E Z U L T A T I

I'm sure rezultati is a wrong translation too.

Congratulations to our winner!

Comment

Oh dear I did really bad. Congrats to the winner

Comment

I knew I did bad this time, I hope it wasn't the case my entry wasn't included in playlist.

Anyway, congrats to the winner. and thanks for all points.
                                                  KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Good winner (probably the best production value in this FSC), I kinda did alright (not too bad), thanks for all the points (especially cheapthrills and Mainshow for 12 pts)
                                                    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Congratulations to the winner. A very well deserved victory.
                                                      Thanks for all the points for my flop entry...
                                                      trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                                      trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

Curse of the double posts!
                                                        trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                                        trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

I think the winner is very well deserved! It has that 00s UK rock band influence (Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys and so) that I particularly like a lot.

Seeing Sweden at #2 makes me wonder if I made a mistake about not voting it. Tbh, my last points could have went anywhere. But I wanted to give some love to Italy/Greece (and France/Malaysia which I ultimately couldn't vote) for its originality and cultural importance.

I really liked Australia and Germany entries (although the last one must be the 47281th song copying/sampling "Smalltown Boy"), but Spain took my breath away. The more I listen to it, the more I like it.

I won't keep talking about the classic WW known song because the move didn't work to get a win, so I'm fine. I could have gave it some points (I don't think more than 5) but I prioritized unknown talents.

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                                                          Congratulations to the winner. A very well deserved victory.
                                                          Thanks for all the points for my flop entry...
                                                          Was too close of giving France some points, thanks for including some new wave in this Retro month!

Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                                                          I knew I did bad this time, I hope it wasn't the case my entry wasn't included in playlist.

Anyway, congrats to the winner. and thanks for all points.
                                                          Did you compete with Poland? I have to admit every time there is a non-YouTube song I'm kind of bummed because I think I finished with Constantino's playlist but there's still a song to rank. But that never harms my opinion on that song. I'm sorry but I think Poland was one of my least favorite entries this month. I was confused because it seemed like a pop song with some Tarja influence thrown in there, and then there's the public reaction which I think it's really cool because they are enjoying it but I don't think it goes well with the song, or with my state of mind when I hear it lol I guess it's a cultural thing, I wonder what you'd think about some Argentinian cumbia or cuarteto music

About my entry: I'm not surprised of the bad outcome. I think my original pick could have performed better, but guess I'll have to wait until August 2020 to really know.
                                                          Last edited by HC55555; Wed August 28, 2019, 23:03.

Comment

^Polish entry is one the most famous song for children, that cause the crowd reaction, almost everyone in Poland knows it from one aged 80 to those in kinder gardens. So basically, if you're not Polish you probably won't like it but I counted for some points based on crowd reaction which was priceless to feel on your own skin there in Polish Rock Festival.

I think I have some more better Polish songs to present in the future.
                                                            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                              I'm sure rezultati is a wrong translation too.
                                                              No
                                                              You nail the right word this time

Congratulatulations to the winner, i already knew the song, in fact it peaked at # 5 on my retro chart few years ago
                                                              Last edited by navi; Thu August 29, 2019, 06:34.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X