No announcement yet.

3rd Annual Summertime Madness Tournament - WINNER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mylène Farmer - Des Larmes (GaGarazzi-1)
    Kygo x Whitney Houston - Higher Love (cheapthrills-3)

Comment

Rebecca Levy - Tell Your Girlfriend (cheapthrills-2)

kinda basic top 4.
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by trebor View Post
        Mariah Carey | Caution (RayRay-1) vs.
        Mylène Farmer - Des Larmes (GaGarazzi-1)

Kygo x Whitney Houston - Higher Love (cheapthrills-3) vs

Comment

• Mariah Carey | Caution (RayRay-1) vs.

I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Comment

• Mariah Carey | Caution (RayRay-1)
              UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• FINAL FOUR

The results were both fairly close. I agree that this was a pretty tame final four compared to all the songs we started with. The March Madness seemed to be a bit more unexpected this year.

We're not done with these four songs. They will now be paired in the championship and third place matches.

You can follow at Challonge.

Mylène Farmer - Des Larmes (GaGarazzi-1) 5-4

Rebecca Levy - Tell Your Girlfriend (cheapthrills-2) 6-3

Comment

• So it all comes to this - a showdown of two of the big five. We also have an interesting 3rd place match-up.

You can follow at Challonge.

To recap, now that we are past the first playoff round, ties will be broken by total votes in the playoff rounds, then by seed #.

CHAMPIONSHIP

THIRD PLACE MATCH

Mylène Farmer - Des Larmes (GaGarazzi-1) vs.

Spoiler!

Comment

• Higher Love
                    Tell Your Girlfriend

Comment

• Kween - Caution
                      Rebecca Levy - Tell Your Girlfriend
                      Originally posted by beredy
                      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                        Higher Love
                        Tell Your Girlfriend
                        Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

Comment

• Kygo x Whitney Houston - Higher Love (cheapthrills-3)

Comment

• Mariah Carey | Caution

I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Comment

• double post

Comment

• Good final.

Comment

Actually quite like that Mylene track, its groovy, looks like I had missed the rounds it was in (I usually give the other song a listen even if it's up against my own in case it pops up again).

Thought maybe I heard it before already when voting Mariah's Caution (also thought there was two Mylene songs submitted but guess not) and I may have put more thought into that vote (think I mightve still went for Mariah edging it out) but oh well. All the final four are interesting in their own way.

Don't know if it would stack up against the big Kygo/Whitney song though which seems to be a favorite. Anyway well see if it can win the 3rd place!
                                    Last edited by Affillate; Sat September 28th, 2019, 13:01.
                                    UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Mariah Carey | Caution (RayRay-1) vs.

trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                      trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• CHAMPIONSHIP

THIRD PLACE MATCH

Comment

• Mariah Carey | Caution (RayRay-1)

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Great songs. Love Mariah and Whitney. But also very happy to see Mylene Farmer gets so high.
                                            Last edited by RayRay; Sat September 28th, 2019, 21:31.
                                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• The results are in! - 3rd place

By a 7-4 vote, our third place winner is...

Spoiler!

[MENTION=23043]heppolo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22841]GaGarazzi[/MENTION] [MENTION=38400]trebor[/MENTION] [MENTION=36732]Affillate[/MENTION] [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION] [MENTION=38400]trebor[/MENTION] [MENTION=36312]navi[/MENTION] [MENTION=32120]Tansike[/MENTION] [MENTION=23929]Goldmoney[/MENTION]

Comment

• Championship Result- 2nd Place

Our runner-up falls in an 8-3 vote, but I just discovered it shouldn't have even been eligible. It came in 4th in the March Madness Tournament earlier this year! Congratulations on outperforming that!

Spoiler!

Comment

• Winner announcement

...and our winner! Congrats to both 90s divas for making it to the end!

Spoiler!

Comment

• Hall of Fame

2016 Tournament
                                                    WINNER - Sia - Cheap Thrills (cheapthrills)
                                                    Runner-Up - Sia - The Greatest (cheapthrills)
                                                    3rd Place - Alicia Keys - Holy War (Carbon)

2017 March Madness Tournament
                                                    WINNER - Lady Gaga - The Cure (Erotica)
                                                    Runner-Up- Rihanna - Love on the Brain (Goldmoney)
                                                    3rd Place - Katy Perry - Chained to the Rhythm (Erotica)

2017 Summertime Madness Tournament
                                                    WINNER - The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You (cheapthrills)
                                                    Runner-Up - Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (cheapthrills)
                                                    3rd Place - ZZ Ward - Help Me Mama (cheapthrills)

2018 March Madness Tournament
                                                    WINNER- Kylie Minogue - Dancing (Affillate)
                                                    Runner-Up - Dua Lipa - Homesick (cheapthrills)
                                                    3rd Place - Madonna - The Power of Goodbye (MusicRecords)

2018 Summertime Madness Tournament
                                                    WINNER - SAINTE - If You Ever Feel Alone (leomedar)
                                                    Runner-Up - Oh Flamingo - Consistencies (jerz)
                                                    3rd Place - Christine and the Queens - Doesn't Matter (leomedar)

2019 March Madness Tournament
                                                    WINNER - Vanessa Paradis - L'incendie (GaGarazzi)
                                                    Runner-Up - Arcade Fire - Everything Now (HC55555)
                                                    3rd Place - Simon Love - The Ballad of Simon Love (Chantal)

2019 Summertime Madness Tournament
                                                    WINNER - Kygo x Whitney Houston - Higher Love (cheapthrills)
                                                    Runner-Up - Mariah Carey - Caution (RayRay)
                                                    3rd Place - Mylène Farmer - Des Larmes (GaGarazzi)

Comment

• Thanks for the game, cheapthrills!
                                                      Well, Kygo X Whitney Houston was a pretty safe entry, to be quite honest!
                                                      trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                                      trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

Working...
                                                      X