• Show
Clear All

• 'Poker Face'
    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Poker Face
      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• A.R. Rahman ft. Pussycat Dolls & Nicole S. - Jai Ho!
        I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post
          A.R. Rahman ft. Pussycat Dolls & Nicole S. - Jai Ho!

Comment

• I love both but Poker face.

Comment

• Ugh, I wanted the other two to stay

A.R. Rahman & The Pussycat Dolls ft. Nicole S - Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny) for the win

Comment

• Jai Ho!

Comment

• Poker face

Comment

• Jai Ho easily

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest View Post
                      Poker face
                      easily
                      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Poker Face

Comment

• Keep voting in the poll, 2 more days to vote and Poker Face is on a 1 vote lead at the moment 7-6.
                          UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Poker Face.
                            Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [Starting soon]

Comment

• Nicole
                              Last FM <3
                              Instagram

Comment

• bluffin with my muffin

Comment

• Poker Face FTW

Comment

• ARIA #1 Singles of 2009

01. Lady Gaga - Poker Face
                                    02. A.R. Rahman & The Pussycat Dolls ft. Nicole S - Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)
                                    03. Black Eyed Peas - Meet Me Halfway
                                    04. Kesha - Tik Tok
                                    05. Flo Rida ft. Kesha - Right Round
                                    06. Taylor Swift - Love Story
                                    07. Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
                                    08. Eminem - We Made You
                                    09. David Guetta ft. Akon - Sexy Bitch
                                    10. Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
                                    =11. Jessica Mauboy - Burn
                                    Vanessa Amorosi - This Is Who I Am
                                    13. Guy Sebastian - Like It Like That
                                    14. The Fray - You Found Me
                                    And it's Lady Gaga taking out her second title of this series so far with Poker Face extending it's lead to take the title over Jai Ho! with 12-7 votes.

Four years ago when we did the 2008 Survivor, Poker Face came Third, exiting immediately after Gaga's other #1 that year, Just Dance. It had an Eight week run at #1 from November 2008 (taking over from Sex On Fire) to January 2009 (replaced by Burn) and interrupted in December 2008 for one week by Wes Carr's 'You' the Australian Idol winner's single that year.

As I posted in the 2008 Survivor entry, Gaga had a few other Top 5 appearances before returning to #1 in 2011 with Born This Way (which won it's survivor when we did that list) Gaga will also have another song that will double feature, in 2018 and 2019's list with Shallow appearing in both.

The Album The Fame charted at #4 on the EOY Albums chart for 2008, and #3 on the 2009 Chart. Poker Face was #14 in 2008 and #11 on the EOY 2009 Singles Chart.

Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny) Was #1 for two weeks in April-May, between Right Round and We Made You. It was an Extension of the Oscar winning 2008 original by A.R. Rahman (featured from the 2009 Best Picture Oscar winner Slumdog Millionaire) by the addition of the Dolls (and name dropping Nicole as a feature).

The Song featured as a single from the repackage of PCD's 2008 album Doll Domination (#4 peak), as Doll Domination 2.0. (#8 peak, #2 on the urban albums chart according to wikipedia). It was the band's second #1 after 2005's 'Don't Cha'. with several Top 5 singles in the meantime (lead from Doll Domination, 'When I Grow Up' #2 peak and 'I Hate This Part' went Top 10).

Nicole Scherzinger herself has had several Top 20 singles as a Solo and featuring Artist, Including 'Heartbeat' (with Enrique Iglesias, #5 peak) & 'Right There' (with 50 Cent,#8 peak).

Also further clarification on the You Found Me entry before we finish up, thinking back (and not finding any youtube examples atm) I think it was used in our All Saints promos but Ch 7 also might not have used it for the LOST S5 ones as the US promos did, because that would be doubling up same song on the same network for two different shows. Anyways.

Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny) should as aforementioned be the SoS Representative if I have searched the the SoS thread correct. Thanks for playing everyone.

Final RESULTS:
                                    Lady Gaga - Poker Face 12
                                    A.R. Rahman & The Pussycat Dolls ft. Nicole S - Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny) 7

2009 Wiki Lists

THANKS FOR PLAYING!
                                    Last edited by Affillate; Thu September 26th, 2019, 13:49.

Comment

• Good winner, very pleased with "Jai Ho!" making it to #2. But this survivor just showed how good music was in 2009 IMO.

Thanks for hosting

Comment

• Jai Ho makes it to the SoS.

Comment

• Poker Face is also the Second returnee song to take out the crown After Gangsta's Paradise won the 1996 list previously competing in the 1995 list). Lady Gaga also joins Anastacia & Kylie Minogue with more than one Win to their name.

Comment

Working...
                                          X