Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

148th FSC (Sep 2019) - Cork, Ireland (RESULTS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 148th FSC (Sep 2019) - Cork, Ireland (RESULTS)

Blarney! Welcome to Ireland!

We return to Ireland for only the second time thanks to [MENTION=1322]westhammer[/MENTION], who gets his second victory ever - both of them in just the last few months, with this winner:

This time we are in Cork, where we might all do well to pucker up at the Blarney Stone for luck this month. It is just a few miles from here at Blarney Castle. An old city, it has a long history as a trading port and was established well over a millennium ago.

Cork County has a number of beautiful spots to spend your days from the lush greenery of the Gougane Barra to the remoteness of Cape Clear Island, where you can have ice cream made from goat milk.

RULES

01. This is a monthly contest, modeled after Eurovision. You need to have at least 10 posts to your credit to take part.
    02. You can pick any country in the world.
    03. The artist you choose has either to be a citizen of the country they'll represent or to have been born there. At least HALF of the people from your act must be from the country you choose.
    04. Your song must be less than 10 years old. Eligible entries must have been released after January 1st, 2009.
    05. Eurovision entries are not allowed. Songs from concurrent Eurovision heats are not allowed either.
    06. The song cannot have been a UK/US Top 40 hit, as it would give it an unfair advantage.
    07. The song can be a remix.
    08. The song cannot be a cover version.
    09. If your song features a sample, please state it early enough, so the other contestants can decide whether it is acceptable or not by poll.
    10. You cannot vote for your own country.
    11. Discussion about one's favorites during the contest is NOT ALLOWED, as it has the potential to influence the voting.
    12. PLEASE try and choose a song not everyone would know, the point is to discover new artists.
    13. If a song becomes or is found to be ineligible at any time before the voting is over, it will be disqualified.
    14. Make sure you understand all the rules before you take part. You will need to devote about 2 hours of your time to this game to listen to all the entries at least once. Do a little research on your entry before you present it, be sure that it doesn't violate any rules, and check here to see if it has taken part before.

TIMELINE

01 - 13/9 | RESERVE & PRESENT: Present your entry or just reserve your country. Last month's top 5 get their choice from last month reserved, so nobody may choose these countries until they let them go:

01. Ireland (westhammer)
    02. Sweden (KindOf)
    03. New Zealand (Mainshow)
    04. Ukraine (franklex)
    05. Germany (CandyPerfumeBoy)

14/9 PRESENT - All reservations are now expired. This is the final date to present an entry.

15 - 27/9 | VOTE! Whoever fails to vote during this period cannot participate in the following contest.

28/9 | Late Vote: Whoever votes on this date will receive a 10 points penalty.

29/9 | Very Late Vote: Whoever votes on this date will receive a 15 points penalty. Whoever fails to vote by this date (Cork time) will be disqualified.

30/9 | Results

ALL RULES AND PENALTIES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED

ENTRIES:

Albania (ConstantinosV) | Claydee & Eleni Foureira - Loquita
    Argentina (HC55555) | Babasónicos - Ingrediente
    Australia (westhammer) | Vera Blue - The Way That You Love Me
    Bulgaria (Top10) | Dara Ekimova ft. Iskrata - Sagapao
    Croatia (navi) | Trophy Jump - Leather Couch
    Finland (Undercover) | Lxandra - Swimming Pools
    France (maroon) | Jérôme Echenoz - Le Chrome Et Le Coton
    Iran (heppolo) | Khooneye Ma - Marjan Farsad خونه ی ما - مرجان فرساد
    Israel (Mainshow) | Lola Marsh - Echoes
    Italy (jio) | Paola Iezzi - Gli occhi del perdono
    Japan (Colbie) | Chanmina ちゃんみな - Never Grow Up
    Malaysia (Spiral) | Aina Abdul - Shadow
    Philippines (xtofer) | Syd Hartha - Ayaw
    Poland (jszmiles) | Cleo - Za Krokiem Krok or ALT LINK
    South Africa (trebor) | Ard Matthews - Justify It
    South Korea (Affillate) | Monsta X - Who Do U Love? ft. French Montana
    Spain (mondflug) | Funambulista - Éramos Reyes
    Sweden (cheapthrills) | Otto Knows - One in a Million
    Ukraine (franklex) | Jinjer - Teacher, Teacher!
    United Kingdom (CandyPerfumeBoy) | Alice Chater - Tonight
    United States (KindOf) | Daydream Masi - Perfect Drug

Playlist courtesy of ConstantinosV

UK please
    Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

USA

Comment

Will take Sweden for now then

Comment

Israel
          Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Finland
            My Likes On Soundcloud
            Last.fm

Comment

Poland as usual.
              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Spain
                My Year End Chart 2011

FSC Powered!

Comment

1. IRAN
                  Marjan Farsad - Khooneye Ma (Our Home)

Year of release: 2014
                  Genre: Folk, Singer-Songwriter
                  A delicate piece of folk music. Not too distant from some of the entries during the new age era of 1990s Eurovision.
                  Born in 1983 in Tehran, Iran, Marjan Farsad is an animation filmmaker, illustrator, singer-songwriter. Her song tells the story about the exile.
                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Australia for me!
                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

2. POLAND

Cleo - Za Krokiem Krok

KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Hmm gonna have to go looking for something this month I think both US and Australia reserved already.
                        UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Italy
                          jio CHARTS NOW:10/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10445860

Comment

Oh I know! SOUTH KOREA (off to check if the song I have in mind has charted though)

Comment

I am making a comeback this month with either Philippines or Singapore.

Comment

03 | SOUTH KOREA

MONSTA X FT. FRENCH MONTANA - WHO DO U LOVE?

Released | 2019

As far as I can tell it's only reached #39 recently on the Billboard 'Pop Airplay' chart. and #35 on the 'mainstream top 40' but not the Hot 100 ;)
                                Last edited by Affillate; Mon September 2nd, 2019, 12:49.

Comment

04. Malaysia
                                  Aina Abdul - Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by xtofer View Post
                                    I am making a comeback this month with either Philippines or Singapore.
                                    Welcome back

Comment

Dara Ekimova ft. Iskrata - Sagapao

5. Bulgaria
                                      Dara Ekimova ft. Iskrata - Sagapao

She is only 17 but her talent in music is obvious. Her father was the frontman of the Bulgarian rock band Slang. Well, the genre now is much more different, this is a bilingual project with the interesting producer Iskrata. Dara says to her lover on Greek dialect: 'Sagapao'.
                                      Summer top 10 - 31.07.2020.

Comment

06. UnitedKingdom

Alice Chater - Tonight

Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

#07 FINLAND

Lxandra - Swimming Pools

My Likes On Soundcloud
                                          Last.fm

Comment

08. Argentina

Babasónicos - "Ingrediente"

Comment

09. Sweden

Otto Knows - One in a Million

Comment

Albania pls!!!
                                                Last edited by ConstantinosV; Tue September 3rd, 2019, 08:24. Reason: change of country

Comment

10. Albania
                                                  Claydee & Eleni Foureira - Loquita

Comment

11. PHILIPPINES

syd hartha | ayaw

ayaw means "I don't want to" in Tagalog.

"It is undeniable that sexual harassment continues to be a prevalent issue that we face today. I feel for the victims of catcalling and rape, and understand how hard it is to talk about their experience. As a musician who some people look up to, I know I have to use my voice in behalf of all the victims and survivors. This inspired me to write 'ayaw.'" -- syd hartha
                                                    LYRICS TRANSLATION:

Hindi ako asong sunod-sunuran
                                                    I am not a subservient dog
                                                    Panay lamang oo
                                                    That is always saying yes
                                                    Anong tingin mo sa sarili mo?
                                                    What do you think of yourself?
                                                    Hindi ako papel na blangko
                                                    I am not a blank paper
                                                    Sulat-sulatan kung kailan mo gusto
                                                    That you could scribble on whenever you want to
                                                    Anong tingin mo sa sarili mo?
                                                    What do you think of yourself?

'Di lahat ng gusto dapat masunod
                                                    Not everything you want should be obeyed
                                                    'Di lahat ng hiling dapat matupad mo
                                                    Not all your wish should be fulfilled
                                                    Ngunit natalo ako sa kanyang lakas
                                                    But I was defeated by his strength
                                                    Matagal kong kapit sa sarili ay pumipigtas
                                                    It took me this long to save myself, but now I am breaking

'Pag sinabi kong ayaw, ayaw ko talaga
                                                    When I say I don't want to, I really don't want to
                                                    'Di ako nagpapapilit, masyadong mahigpit ang kapit niya
                                                    I am not being persuasive, his grip is so tight
                                                    Ba't pinapatawad pa nila
                                                    But they still forgive
                                                    Ako pa raw ang may pakana
                                                    They said I caused it
                                                    Epekto raw ng serbesa, ako pa rin ang may...
                                                    They said it was the beer, I am still the one who...

Wala akong sinabing oo
                                                    I didn't say yes
                                                    Wala rin sa galaw at kilos ko
                                                    Neither in my actions
                                                    Anong laman ng isipan mo?
                                                    What is inside your mind?
                                                    Nagiging agresibo sa 'king paghina, lumalakas loob mo
                                                    You became aggressive in my weakness, you became bold
                                                    Ako pa rin ba ang puno't dulo nito?
                                                    Am I still the one who started it?

Comment

· UKRAINE · · · · · · · · · · 12

JINJER - TEACHER, TEACHER!
                                                      Last edited by franklex; Wed November 20th, 2019, 03:44.

Comment

13. Japan

Chanmina - Never Grow Up

You drew stars around my scars

Comment

14. ISRAEL

source: analoguetrash.com

Lola Marsh - Echoes

Echoes and ghosts in my head
                                                          They are swimming in my bed
                                                          They're not giving me a chance
                                                          I am here for no one

All the words that you said are alive
                                                          And I keep them on a page
                                                          Am I ever gonna change?
                                                          I should have gave them to someone

Where are you tonight?
                                                          Restless like a wolf in the night
                                                          Lighthouse in the dark
                                                          Where are you tonight?

And I know that they won't save me
                                                          From the voices in my mind
                                                          And I know that I can't run away and hide
                                                          From afar the bells are ringing
                                                          On the first day of my life
                                                          And the sun begins to shine on the lonely one

I'm wearing the coat that you gave me
                                                          And suddenly it's real
                                                          I don't know if I should feel
                                                          That I'm here for someone

Oh, echoes and ghosts in my head
                                                          They are racing in my bed
                                                          And I'm about to take a chance
                                                          'Cause I'm here for someone

Where are you tonight?
                                                          Restless like a wolf in the night
                                                          Lighthouse in the dark
                                                          Where are you tonight?

And I know that they won't save me
                                                          From the voices in my mind
                                                          And I know that I can't run away and hide
                                                          From afar the bells are ringing
                                                          On the first day of my life
                                                          And the sun begins to shine on the lonely one
                                                          Last edited by Mainshow; Tue September 3rd, 2019, 20:25.
                                                          Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Hello!

So November will mark the 150th FSC! Mainshow let me know about how the 100th was celebrated. If you look at the 100th FSC, there was a rule in place for that edition to celebrate the milestone whereby you could only choose a song that represents an official language of the country you've selected.

Would anyone object to instituting that rule to mark the 150th FSC? It would affect only the November contest.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X