Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

150th FSC (Nov 2019) - Reims, France (Résultats)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jio View Post
    Sorry but I have to say it: Am I the only one who hears a speed-up version of Tears For Fears' "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" in an entry?
    Nope! it really bothers me, too.
    trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
    trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

Ranking 12 to 18 stands now.
      3 songs battle for the spots 9 to 11 and the remaining 8 are way too hard to rank!

I guess the points will fly all over the place this month!
      Well done and thank you for the songs!
      trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
      trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

Not many votes in, but so far, there doesn't seem to be a clear favorite yet. I had a hard time ranking myself. My top three all deserve 12 points, but I did rank them in a deliberate way.

As for the Tears For Fears reference, I can only think it's an interpolation because I'm not finding much out there that says it was specifically sampled.

[MENTION=23671]jio[/MENTION] sorry about that. I will update now.

Comment

Voted. Love the language rule.
          Good luck, everyone!
          Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Voted.
            UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

voted as well

ps. just an observation
              these map loco is incorrect
              it shows Western Sahara as a part of Morocco
              The African Union (AU) and more than 80 governments consider the territory to be the sovereign (albeit occupied by Morocco) state of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR), with a government-in-exile backed by the Polisario Front
              In 2016, the European Union (EU) declared that "Western Sahara is not part of Moroccan territory
              Last edited by navi; Sat November 23rd, 2019, 00:05.

Comment

Yes, I think someone else pointed that out before with Morocco. There's no option to deselect that part of Morocco on maploco though.

Comment

Originally posted by maroon View Post
                  Thanks, I haven't even heard of Aranese, to be honest, lol.
                  I was thinking about a Catalan one but I'll go with one of my favourite songs of the last decade which, curiously enough, has never participated and soon it would no longer be eligible:

8. SPAIN

Chambao - Papeles Mojados

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj8aNCtTHW4
                  When i was going through the thread, I nearly missed yours! To add your video, you can surround your link with video tags.

Comment

Just voted!
                    You drew stars around my scars

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                      When i was going through the thread, I nearly missed yours! To add your video, you can surround your link with video tags.
                      Thanks, I'll try next time

I've just sent my votes but the website was freezing so I hope you received them. Let me know.

Comment

[MENTION=3221]maroon[/MENTION] I received your votes! Thanks.

Comment

Voted too... I have to say this month felt like a retro month somehow. Not many songs sounded current (not that I mind that, just saying)
                          jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

Comment

Voted!

I simply love my 12-pointer
                            My Year End Chart 2011

FSC Powered!

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                              Welcome back, [MENTION=36758]ConstantinosV[/MENTION]. You are entry #10.
                              thank you thank you I have missed u all a lot!! ^_^
                              But rules are rules!!!

Comment

Playlist

Comment

[MENTION=34238]flopho[/MENTION] [MENTION=36758]ConstantinosV[/MENTION] [MENTION=6432]Spiral[/MENTION] [MENTION=5507]xtofer[/MENTION] [MENTION=37910]KindOf[/MENTION] [MENTION=1322]westhammer[/MENTION]

Time to sober up and vote.

You have about 48 hours left.

Comment

[MENTION=34238]flopho[/MENTION] [MENTION=36758]ConstantinosV[/MENTION] [MENTION=37910]KindOf[/MENTION]

A little over 8 hours to vote.

Comment

voteeed on time

Comment

I was about to leave for the day, but you all got them in before I needed to!

.. and oh my - it came down to the last vote I received, and in the most exciting way possible - probably the most exciting contest I've seen in months.

Grab another glass of champagne and settle down with the...

Comment

Those results were pretty exciting!

Congratulations to [MENTION=18431]mondflug[/MENTION], well deserved win - I love that Zak Abel song.

Couldn’t find room in my votes for Germany, found it a little dull. Glad to see Ukraine did well and thanks for the votes to Australia, very happy with top 5 on my return to the game.

Comment

Ooops I tanked. Big congrats to mondflug though... I was rooting for Poland- I always just listen to the songs without looking at the videos so Poland was the only song that captured my attention right away with its 80s hi-NRG feel but then watched the video too and liked it even more... felt really sad by it... but back to mondflug... I was considering not to vote for any english-language song due to the wealth of languages this month but the UK song was so good that I had to vote for it with high points. So very worthy win (although I'd prefer Poland obviously)...
                                            jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

Comment

Congrats to the winner!!!!
                                              I am enjoying all the unexpected results!!
                                              I want to thank the people who voted me amazing
                                              Looking forward to the next month

Comment

yeah, voting was really exciting
                                                as usual (with occasional exceptions) my entry ended up in the lower regions of the table,
                                                i guess i'm too radical with my music taste
                                                thanks to Undercover for 12 points, and i returned it to him in the same manner
                                                (it looks like we're Greece-Cyprus in this contest)
                                                from the first moment Turkey entry reminded me of early 80's german band D.A.F. and it was clearly my favourite

Comment

Hahaha, last month I was the biggest winner, now I'm the biggest loser
                                                  This game is really unpredictable, it seems. Portugal or Sweden were so obvious champions for me that I'm surprised they got such an average reception. It was exciting to watch the results changing with each new vote. Congratulations to the winner even though it was far from my favourite.

Comment

Oh, I'm so happy!! And the voting countdown was so exciting I was close to the heart attack!!

Thanks a bunch everyone who voted for my entry
                                                    My Year End Chart 2011

FSC Powered!

Comment

to be in the top 10 is always nice, thanks to maroon for your 12 pts and to franklex for the 10 pts and to everyone who voted.
                                                      In a month of some indie pop/synth pop/post-punk (Undercover)/Tool-ish rock (navi) songs I went to have a different entry which neither backfired nor went too successful.

Congrats to the winner, a nice song yet I was rooting for Poland a bit more.
                                                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

The Video for Poland did help grab your attention, wanted to see what happens with the dog! Congrats to UK.

Thanks for the North Macedonia votes, saw a couple 10's and 8's there.

Also because previous thread is in the archive and mightn't get much view on bump, Thanks for last month's votes for US. Jeremy Renner sings as well as acts and has had a few songs come out this year.
                                                        UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

So, on the back end, it was quite close with the first third of votes, then the gap started to widen with the next third, and then the final third it tightened back up again. Germany was up 99-96 before the final vote came in, which was flopho. And flopho put Germany in third and the UK in first, giving the UK the four points it needed to move to the top. (Incidentally, Germany was my 11th place vote, so this came quite close to being a tie at the end.)

So a big congrats to [MENTION=18431]mondflug[/MENTION] ! I had heard the song last year and I am a fan of it (despite only giving it 4 points). I even charted it on my personal chart.

Looks like KindOf and I each gave each other a 1st place vote! Thanks so much, [MENTION=37910]KindOf[/MENTION] ! I believe this is Vietnam's first time as an entry. Not the greatest debut, but I'm glad someone enjoyed it.

Comment

Ugh im giving up, i'll never do well
                                                            You drew stars around my scars

Comment

Originally posted by Colbie View Post
                                                              Ugh im giving up, i'll never do well
                                                              You did better than me! I haven't landed a song in the top half since March or April

Hope you don't really quit. I loved your song this month - it was my 2nd place vote.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X