Justin Bieber - Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    He paid him off, no doubt. Not a HUGE fan of his but Charlie Puth is a MASTER of music mixing and mastering and there’s no way his standards would fall so drastically if he wasn’t being compensated.
    He tweeted (and deleted) that Bieber made him post that tweet
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

He tweeted (and deleted) that Bieber made him post that tweet

Originally posted by Kaloki
      I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
          Somebody said that they sound like Apple ringtones.
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Somebody said that they sound like Apple ringtones.
            Would have said Nokia 3310 but yeah!
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Gave it 1 quick spin..don't know what I was thinking.
              One of the most uninspired productions I have EVER heard. Absolutely horrible, dreadful, terrible.
              "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
              https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
              "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

It's the same for many urban acts at the moment. Too much artistic freedom and they release albums with 15x the same song :( . Guess he won't match Purpose's chart and critical success with this one...
                ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

I’ve never listened or streamed a Bieber album AND I won’t start now! Sorry to this man.

Comment

Just watched this (it’s hilarious btw) and it was the first time I heard snippets from every song on the album and damn it really does sound like one long boring generic song except for the ones with the acoustic guitar. His fans really act like this is the album of the century? No words
                    Last edited by JeremySpears; Sat February 15th, 2020, 21:29.
                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Scooter doing the most with the payola again.

Comment

• Ewokguy15
                        Ewokguy15 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's just great management.

Better than the whole album other than "Get Me". The days when wore his pants lower than the gravity.

Comment

why does it feel so dragging? every other song has no distinction. Sounds like a bazzi album generic , with beats and vocals
                        MY PERSONAL CHARTS
                        NA NA NA NA OH OH

Comment

I enjoy some of his songs individually esp on Purpose. But maybe he is better as an single type of artist. hes better on dance records. But as an album artist? No. He doesnt know how to handle his own artistry and just puts beats and vocals together. No sort of concrete theme or story like a bunch of same sounding songs put together. No wonder he as only 1 grammy. Is it also bad to think that even as bad as yummy sounds lyrically, its one of the best songs on the album? lmao
                          MY PERSONAL CHARTS
                          NA NA NA NA OH OH

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                            It's the same for many urban acts at the moment. Too much artistic freedom and they release albums with 15x the same song :( . Guess he won't match Purpose's chart and critical success with this one...
                            Although I agree in part to this, I feel like a lot of newer r n b inspired acts are experimenting more with different sounds which makes this sound even more uninspired and lazy. The likes of James Blake, Tinashe, Daniel Caesar, Masego, Lucky Daye etc are doing similar midtempo albums which are just a lot more interesting lyrically and musically.

Comment

I tried to give this a proper and honest listen, but I guess that also was my last listen.
                              He never should have worked so much with Poobear, like Journals also had a fair share of him, but that had enough diversity from other producers and overall also is a more interesting offering than what 'Changes' has to offer as an album.
                              Like the album is not terrible but just uninteresting and dull and it also brings nothing new to the table. It has nothing impressive lyrically, nothing experimental productionwise and it kinda feels like he and Liam Payne digged through the same boring pile of leftovers.

Comment

Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

Although I agree in part to this, I feel like a lot of newer r n b inspired acts are experimenting more with different sounds which makes this sound even more uninspired and lazy. The likes of James Blake, Tinashe, Daniel Caesar, Masego, Lucky Daye etc are doing similar midtempo albums which are just a lot more interesting lyrically and musically.
                                These artists seem to emphasize more on the 'emotions' and the minimalistic productions rather than the big choruses with lots of ad-libs which I feel like one of the biggest differences from today's R&B from the one we grew up with. Also, in some cases, some of these artists don't really have the best singing ability so they kinda have be smart about it and compromise the lack of vocals by emphasizing on the other things.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post

These artists seem to emphasize more on the 'emotions' and the minimalistic productions rather than the big choruses with lots of ad-libs which I feel like one of the biggest differences from today's R&B from the one we grew up with. Also, in some cases, some of these artists don't really have the best singing ability so they kinda have be smart about it and compromise the lack of vocals by emphasizing on the other things.
                                  I’d definitely agree with this 100%! I’m not ashamed to say I was looking forward to this I actually liked Purpose as an album.

Comment

Being minimalistic usually ends up being pretty dull IMO. I remember that was the one trend I couldn’t stand before trap came along. Very rarely is someone able to pull off an interesting minimalistic record.
                                    Originally posted by Kaloki
                                    I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

Get Me and Come Around are my favorites so far.

Comment

I know that they hate literally everything but this is hilarious.

Comment

Time to move to Spotify

Comment

I want to give this a listen, but I just know it's going to be full AF.
                                            thank u, next

Comment

This is cute
                                              Forever Young

Comment

I thought there were glimmers of great on this swimming in a sea of average. I dont think it is that memorable or anything that particularly stands out to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                  It currently has a Metacritic score of 58 based on 7 reviews.
                                                  55 with 15 reviews now.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X