No announcement yet.

Jhene Aiko - Chilombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all can't have a great vibey taste Loose ;)

This is definitely her most well rounded project. And I love the 90s whore interlude before P$$$$ Fairy. Not sure if it's my fav. Some songs on Souled Out and Trip hit me harder though. Born Tired and Magic Hour drag a little.

Solid discography through. And so happy about how successful she's doing this go round.
    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

ThaInfo1 Not everybody can afford weed either.

DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

I've been obsessed with this record for a couple of days now.
        Especially the first half is FIRE. There are a few filler songs that I didn't really need tbh. But I'm glad we have 20 new songs.

I love Speak and BS, both have great messages. Her verse on BS slaps.
        One Way is another highlight for me. Love the old school lo-fi references. Surrender is such a vibe as well, probably my favorite for now.
        10k Hours and Party For Me are also great, rnb vibes. (Party For Me sounds so out of place though)

Comment

^Agreed!

Originally posted by Loose View Post
          ThaInfo1 Not everybody can afford weed either.
          Tragic sis.

Speak and LOVE literally make my heart smile and feel better. She must've used the good energy crystal bowls. One Way St, BS, and Surrender are favs too.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

B.S., None of Your Concern, Triggered, Lightning and Thunder and Born Tired are my favs! It's time for Jhen to have the recognition she deserves!!!

Comment

She's been getting a lot of recognition from all the right people tho, I believe.

Comment

I hope she gets at least A Grammy nomination this time around. I don't think she has ever been nominated.

Comment

I didn't have the time yet to check it out in full but let me just state that Speak is heavenly!!
                  MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

Born Tired is life
                    last.fm

Comment

Well, I've been playing this A LOT. Especially the first half is giving me life since my morning coffee, and I'm waiting for dinner atm lol

Great intro, to one of my favorites songs of the year Triggered, the beautiful None of Your Concern, heavenly Speak, moody and catchy trio BS, Pussy Fairy, HOE, and then my top 2 favorites One Way St and Surrender...

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                        Born Tired is life
                        It is! It’s my life at the moment! I’m damn tired of life and it’s struggles BUT I’ve got some more fight in me!

Comment

Chilombo doesn't come close to Souled Out or Trip but it's still soooo good

Comment

Born Tired and Speak got me in my feels.

Comment

I’ve been in my feelings lately, day 6 without leaving my
                              house other than a couple of quick walks to the grocery store and THIS album has been giving me life since the morning, sisters.
                              One Way St, Surrender, Speak are pure blessings to my ears today, have been on repeat. TEARS.
                              also, None of Your Concern still slaps. More tears.

Comment

I’m glad this has done so well for Jhen and got more recognition than Trip. It’s not done as well as I thought it would critically though. I think the whole thing is a bit too much for me for one sitting but in small doses this is great.
                                Fiat 500

Comment

I can't get over Born Tired and Speak. So beautiful.

Comment

Born Tired and Love are my least favorites, I’m quite surprised to see Born Tired is one of the favorites in general.

Comment

I love the message of Born Tired, but I don't care for it though.

LOVE makes me happy and shit ugh. So I dig it.

Speak is spiritual though. Wow. Idk what crystal bowl she used on that but it moves me

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Working...
                                      X