No announcement yet.

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disappointing to see she's fallen into the under 3 min track length trend.
    thank u, next

Comment

• Pop bop can be short to me. I don't mind. I'll just repeat.
      Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Originally posted by shinydiscopaul View Post
        disappointing to see she's fallen into the under 3 min track length trend.
        It can work if the songs are very good, see Jonas Brothers' album. In most cases, those songs seem shorter than they should be to expose their full potential, I agree.
        When the bones are good, the rest don't matter
        Yeah, the paint could peel, the glass could shatter
        (Maren Morris)

Comment

• I’m not disappointed to see such short tracks but more surprised. It almost feels less egotistical

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
              Pop bop can be short to me. I don't mind. I'll just repeat.
              While I like “under three minutes” songs a lot (often, they end up being among my favorites on many albums) it is quite “disappointing” to see almost a whole album of these. Not that they are not good, I’m sure some are gonna be fire, it’s just that it has become such a sad trend due to streaming platforms and people replaying short songs more often (which equals to more sales in the end). Before it was fun to have 1-2 of these short songs on an album, they are usually energetic and fun. But now it’s just a business tool, a trend, a money making thing, which is sad.

But well, if that’s how music is evolving now... Hopefully we won’t end up with under 2 minutes songs

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Well...some people thought I was reaching with the Bjork comparison but it's super obvious now. She stole the whole concept from Bjork's 'Vulnicura' era.

From the white/yellow gradient

to the 'alien' costumes, and now the picture JeremySpears posted which is a replica of this.

Comment

• ---

Comment

• The standard edition (the tracklist posted above) has a length of 42:59 which is a perfect length for a Pop album IMO.

Comment

• I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous.
                        And yes, all articles come with a digital copy of the album.
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Wtf at both the Björk copy and the bundles. Especially the bundles.
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Lol. She'll be #1 no matter what, so she wouldn't even need those bundles...

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous.
                              40 merch articles in that picture.

I guess you know male hip hop artists have way more than that every week.

Billboard on The Weeknd a few weeks ago:
                              ”The artist has dropped more than 100 different bundles on a mostly consistent basis since the album’s release.”

More than 100.

Taylor Swift had dozens and dozens of them too. From clothes to caps to keychains to straws to paper.

But some of you will make it look now like it’s only Gaga doing it?

And by the way, articles don’t “come” with a digital copy of the album. You pay for it. All those products are available on the website without the digital album for $3.5/4 less. As Billboard rules say.

Comment

I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous.
                                The poncho and rain boots are ridiculous!!lol I'm excited for the album. I ordered the Target edition. It has 3 bonus tracks, Love Me Right, 1,000 Doves (piano) and Stupid Love remix.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

40 merch articles in that picture.

I guess you know male hip hop artists have way more than that every week.

Billboard on The Weeknd a few weeks ago:
                                  ”The artist has dropped more than 100 different bundles on a mostly consistent basis since the album’s release.”

More than 100.

Taylor Swift had dozens and dozens of them too. From clothes to caps to keychains to straws to paper.

But some of you will make it look now like it’s only Gaga doing it?

And by the way, articles don’t “come” with a digital copy of the album. You pay for it. All those products are available on the website without the digital album for $3.5/4 less. As Billboard rules say.
                                  Would you please put down your stan glasses, thank you.
                                  I'm equally shocked and disgusted by the tactics used by any artists.
                                  And I will keep on criticizing them too.
                                  And wether you pay or not for the album with the article is not the question, that was never my point.
                                  They clearly know stans would pay any price for anything related to their favorite artist. Hell, I would do the same.
                                  And let me not even start on those ticket bundles. From a tour that will not happen anytime soon because...well...covid.
                                  Postponement announcement after releasing week.

Like I said, ridiculous.
                                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Would you please put down your stan glasses, thank you.
                                    I'm equally shocked and disgusted by the tactics used by any artists.
                                    And I will keep on criticizing them too.
                                    And wether you pay or not for the album with the article is not the question, that was never my point.
                                    They clearly know stans would pay any price for anything related to their favorite artist. Hell, I would do the same.
                                    And let me not even start on those ticket bundles. From a tour that will not happen anytime soon because...well...covid.
                                    Postponement announcement after releasing week.

Like I said, ridiculous.
                                    Oh, you’ll critize them too... Yet this is the only place where you’ve complained about the merch bundles even when it’s the new normal with EVERYBODY doing it and with other artists having twice as much merch bundles than she has...

And of course there’s a difference from “each product comes with a digital copy of the album” to “you’re paying for it”. You’re making it look like it’s free when it’s not and you can buy the merch item separately at a lower price.

Regarding the tour, once again... only in Gaga’s thread. The Weeknd postponed his tour starting in 2 weeks... this week. He already knew it was not taking place when he released the album, but he has had two months of ticket bundles counted...
                                    Kenny Chesney postponed his tour, starting 30 May, the week after his album debuted at #1 getting lots of copies from ticket bundles.
                                    There are many other examples. Did you post about it elsewhere?

Some people seem desperate to make it look like she’s the only one doing these things and she’ll only have a #1 album thanks to merch and ticket bundles.

Comment

• Comment

• I wonder why she's credited as Stefani Germanotta on one of the interludes but credited as Lady Gaga on the rest of the album.
                                        "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Regarding the bundles, I do agree artists are taking it too far. But you can't single Gaga out on it.
                                          The rainboots are cute though.

Comment

• Originally posted by shinydiscopaul View Post
                                            disappointing to see she's fallen into the under 3 min track length trend.
                                            Like Ariana said: "Listen twice" hehe

Comment

Oh, you’ll critize them too... Yet this is the only place where you’ve complained about the merch bundles even when it’s the new normal with EVERYBODY doing it and with other artists having twice as much merch bundles than she has...

And of course there’s a difference from “each product comes with a digital copy of the album” to “you’re paying for it”. You’re making it look like it’s free when it’s not and you can buy the merch item separately at a lower price.

Regarding the tour, once again... only in Gaga’s thread. The Weeknd postponed his tour starting in 2 weeks... this week. He already knew it was not taking place when he released the album, but he has had two months of ticket bundles counted...
                                              Kenny Chesney postponed his tour, starting 30 May, the week after his album debuted at #1 getting lots of copies from ticket bundles.
                                              There are many other examples. Did you posted about it elsewhere?

Some people seem desperate to make it look like she’s the only one doing these things and she’ll only having a #1 album thanks to merch and ticket bundles.
                                              You're aware life does not stop at UKmix, right?
                                              And I don't even know what a Kenny Chesney is.
                                              But anyway.
                                              Congratulations on your #1 album Gaga.

Comment

• Comment

• No tracklist on the back cover?

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post
                                                    No tracklist on the back cover?
                                                    Nop. I assumed it would be that way when I saw it had the tracklist on the sticker of the cover, which is not usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post
                                                      Regarding the bundles, I do agree artists are taking it too far. But you can't single Gaga out on it.
                                                      agreed. On top of that, she gotta sell this record somehow since touring doesn’t appear to be a thing for a while.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Whew chile 1 producer on the whole thing tho?

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Less than 7 hours for the album to be released in New Zealand (and therefore, surfacing all over the net).
                                                          Reminder: File sharing illegal download links is not allowed in this forum.

Can't believe they managed to keep the album safe and not leaking until the very last day of release.

Comment

Can't believe they managed to keep the album safe and not leaking until the very last day of release.
                                                            This - especially following some leaks some time ago.

So excited to hear this! Not sure if I stay awake until midnight today or if I get up early tomorrow. Finally new Gaga and every album from her has been a huge event for me so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow

Comment

• Malls and record stores are still closed in Madrid, probably till 8 June... so it’s going to be the first Gaga album since TFM I’m not getting physically on the day of release...

Just got an email from Amazon telling me my deluxe CD won’t arrive till next Thursday 4 June...

And the cassettes and vinyls I purchased from the UK official store will take even longer to arrive, I guess.

It will have to be just digital for me at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X