X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone has a you know what, well you know what to do

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
      I just listened to all the previews on Itunes New Zealand. Y'all, I have no words. The anticipation was real, the excitement huge. The album (or at least these 1:30 minute previews) were all so so so bad (except for the singles, Sour Candy & Replay). I literally couldn't believe what I was listening to. On Sine from Above, it sounded like Ru Paul recorded Elton John's parts. Actually the whole album sounds like a Ru Paul album.

I am literally shocked and don't know what to say. I-
      Give it up, honey, these weak shades you play at every step Gaga takes won't happen.

Comment

• As a whole it doesn't do much for me (it lacks variety) but I really love Enigma and Replay
        Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• Is somebody going to hit me up when first reviews appear?
          YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
            If anyone has a you know what, well you know what to do
            Same please.... Awaiting my vinyl delivery patiently but want to hear it!!!

Comment

• Rain on Me - love
              Sourcandy - good
              Stupid Love - love

My only problem is, for me, she's sort of 'outdone' on Sourcandy by BLACKPINK and she's defiintely outdone on ROM by Ariana.

I've stanned GaGa since day one and will continue to do so, but I'm shocked to be listening to her music because of the quality of her feature.

I'm sure I'll love the album, but..
              If I should die this very day

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post

It's really most definitely not. It started during Artpop and from the moment she sang The Sound of Music it's like her voice has completely changed. I've been saying this for years and I don't know why I would "act" as if it's something new either.
                I think also the way she pronounces things is weird.

I'm hard on the outsyyde, but if you give me thyme, then I could make time for your lahve.

I kinda feel she is using the same technique to sing as she used to produce that sound she got for The Sound of Music performace.

Comment

• Overall it is a great album. I think Alice would have been a wonderful leadsingle instead of Stupid Love, especially to 'dive' into the world of Chromatica.

The only song I am not really feeling is Sine, I see a lot of songs people loving the song. But I feel it could have been a lot better. Even though Elton is a legend. He doesn't sounds really good on the song. But I haven't liked any of his output the past years for soundtracks and stuff, maybe that's why.

i feel she could have come harder though. in the production department at points, I feel a proper hard hitting track like 2Unlimited No Limit would have been great addition on this, I feel some songs could have been a tad longer as well. I like the way the 2nd interlude goes into 911, but overall I feel they could have done a better job with flowing the interludes into the album. The more cinematic orchestral approach of the interludes kinda feels random in comparison to the house influenced pop.

Also the album cover desires for a lot more than the album offers. I get the choice lyrically at points, but it feels a lot more dark and 'edgy' than the more fun pop sound the album has to offer.

Comment

• I didn't expect 'Sine' to be a potential single, but IT IS!

Comment

• Oh God please no Sine, should not be a single in any way or form

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncÚ View Post
                        Oh God please no Sine, should not be a single in any way or form
                        U should clean your ears

Comment

• Babylon is just... I'm speechless...

Comment

• Currently listening to Plastic Doll and so far the only one I don't like it Fun Tonight. The rest are genuinely good/great! Pleasantly surprised so far

Comment

• Originally posted by Million View Post

U should clean your ears
                              The rest of the album bar SL is much better

Comment

• The production on this album is boring, it’s all quite similar. I was super excited for this album and fans will like it but there is nothing “fresh” on it. The beats are quite dated and the song with Elton should have just stayed as an idea. Hopefully the album is a grower.

Babylon is very similar to Naomi Smalls - Pose
                                Last edited by Ewokguy15; Thu May 28th, 2020, 15:23.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                  The production on this album is boring, it’s all quite similar. I was super excited for this album and fans will like it but there is nothing “fresh” on it. The beats are quite dated and the song with Elton should have just stayed as an idea. Hopefully the album is a grower.

babylon sounds exactly like Naomi Smalls - Pose
                                  I totally disagree with you, the album has an impeccable production and sounds very fresh, the only one lost in the middle of it is 'Fun Tonight', that still manages to be great... Everything is in its proper place on this album. A MUST.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Dying to hear it

Comment

The production on this album is boring, it’s all quite similar. I was super excited for this album and fans will like it but there is nothing “fresh” on it. The beats are quite dated and the song with Elton should have just stayed as an idea. Hopefully the album is a grower.

The production could have been more daring at places for sure, it's sometimes a bit too safe

Comment

• OK so after my first playthrough; it's generic, it's a little flat and samey but it's very good.

The only tracks I could do without are Fun Tonight and 1000 Doves. Enigma and Babylon are edging that way too.

The highlights are Alice, Rain On Me, Replay and Sine From Above. The rest I really like.

Comment

• Pieces of 'Replay' instrumental (lowrey organ) reminds me of The Who's Baba O'Riley, great!

Comment

I completely agree. It sounds dated upon release. I will definitely listen to the whole songs tomorrow when they are on Youtube to see if I change opinion on some songs.

But it really sounds like a bunch of songs Drag Queens have released so far.

Comment

• Giving this a spin now.

Comment

• Some of ya'll are so fast with checking things out!

Comment

• Ok. So after two listens to the album (16 tracks, couldn’t find the deluxe).

I really really like it.
                                                  I liked Joanne. I liked ASIB. There are tons of good songs there and I like more mature Gaga.
                                                  But even if that sound worked for her and MR, ARUTW and specially Shallow were big hits... I feared she would keep on doing that type of music from now on.
                                                  Because it’s pop/dance Gaga who I feel in love with.

As she said in interviews, after a period of being more intense, she simply wanted to have fun and make people dance again.
                                                  It’s funny that many people who have critized her in the past for taking herself too seriously or being too deep instead of just making a pop album... are now saying the opposite from this record.

This album is just that, a pop/dance album with lots of tunes and catchy melodies, with Gaga recovering her crazy looks and colourful persona. And I’m SO here for it.

Is it too gay? Yes. Will it please the GP or those who loved her ASIB era? Probably not. But who cares? That’s what she wanted to do, what her fans desperately wanted her to do... and guuurl, she delivered.

Regarding the tracks. I love the production. It’s not too messy as some tracks in Artpop were, it’s not overproduced as some of the tracks in BTW were.
                                                  Imo it’s her more perfect pop album since TFM.

Stand outs of the album for me:
                                                  Alice, Rain on Me, Free Woman, Sine from above, 1000 doves and Babyloon. (God, that closing!)

Seriously some of you didn’t like Sine from above? I always thought she would do a ballad with Elton not THAT dance anthem. Slayed.

Weakest track on the album is definitely Fun Tonight. Then 911 and Plastic doll.

I rate it 9/10.

Thank you Gaga for this record and making so many people happy with it.

Comment

• It's not like I completely dislike 'Sine'
                                                    I simply just don't like Elton on Sine, like I am glad it is not a ballad, but he sounds less emotive than Alexa on partsHe is a legend but sounds odd on this, maybe it needs to grow. The song overall is great, but I could totally live without the feature.

Comment

• Sour Candy.

Hmmm. I've never heard of this group and I'm not familiar with KPOP sound.

I like Gaga's chorus part quite a lot but the rest is not my cup of tea......
                                                      BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncÚ View Post
                                                        Oh God please no Sine, should not be a single in any way or form
                                                        I think that’s possibly my favourite track! I would so be here for it as a single. My early faves are Sine, Replay and 911. The whole album is just bop after bop though. Gaga really came through.
                                                        Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start

Comment

• Originally posted by johnny_d View Post

I think that’s possibly my favourite track! I would so be here for it as a single. My early faves are Sine, Replay and 911. The whole album is just bop after bop though. Gaga really came through.
                                                          Maybe it's a grower in the long run for me in comparison to the rest

Comment

• She sounds like she's forcing a vocal tone and accent on most of these songs. She feels even more inauthentic than before.

Comment

• I think it's a great album. Her best after The Fame Monster and Born This Way.

While it's a noisy album, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's much cleaner and more polished than Artpop was, thank god.
                                                              I went an a bike ride this afternoon and put the album on full blast on my headphones. Whew, an experience.

Highlights:

Alice
                                                              Rain On Me (with Ariana Grande)
                                                              Enigma
                                                              Replay
                                                              Sine From Above (with Elton John)
                                                              1000 Doves

These are just amazing. From start to finish. Sine from Above scalped me, sorry. It's the song of the album for me.
                                                              The interludes are a nice break in between. I like the production on those.

Songs that need to grow on me:

Plastic Doll
                                                              Sour Candy (BLACKPINK)
                                                              Babylon
                                                              Free Woman

I absolutely loved the Free Woman demo, but this final version isn't doing it for me now. It doesn't hit hard enough. Also they cut the bridge, which was such a great and catchy part of the song. Such a shame.
                                                              Plastic Doll is a bit basic, but it's ok. I can see it grow on me. I do really love the song's bridge.
                                                              Babylon has amazing parts, but I do miss the instrumental of it that was used for the Haus Laboratories campaign. I bet this will be a grower once I get used to it.
                                                              Sour Candy is a bit of a mess, but it's catchy. It just doesn't fit the album much in my opinion. Not a fan of BLACKPINK's part. Gaga's part is much better.

Songs that are meh:

Fun Tonight
                                                              Stupid Love

Fun Tonight is a bit of a dud on the album. Really generic and basic. But it's not awful.
                                                              What the hell were they thinking going with Stupid Love as the lead. It's literally at the bottom of all the songs. Awful single choice. I still think its production sounds so dated.

--------------------

All in all she exceeded my expectations with this album. It's such a fun upbeat album with interesting arrangements/productions.
                                                              I do think they could've gone harder (productionwise) on some songs. For example Free Woman and Babylon.
                                                              But I really enjoy this album. Will definitely be on repeat. It actually already is.

And I need to repeat... Sine From Above is THAT BITCH. IVyoncÚ I thought you would stan this song lol.
                                                              Last edited by Noahh; Thu May 28th, 2020, 18:50.
                                                              "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• adamf2thedeath
                                                                adamf2thedeath commented
                                                                Editing a comment
                                                                I 100% agree with you. This is how I feel about the album.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X