Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tragically generic.

Comment

• This is pretty cool. It's almost like a little book, with an actual hardcover. I might order that.

Still hoping they will release a vinyl with the cover at some point, because I would love to have this album on vinyl.
      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
        Tragically generic.
        Tragically same-y and flat i would say.

As a casual GaGa fan i have to say that Chromatica is great as a whole! I'm definetely going to listen to it many many times!

However, I have to point out that:
        1) Why did the release "Stupid Love" as the lead? Definetely a wrong single choice. If they wanted a solo track as the lead they should have gone with "Alice" which is really outstanding. "Stupid Love" is sooo weak...
        2) I don't get why many people do not like "Fun Tonight", it's such a nice track.
        3) The final version of ''Free Woman" is meh...
        4) "Sine From Above" is a good song, alhtough Elton sounds like he's forcing too much his vocal chords or bored and the ending of is a big fat cringey mess.
        5) At the moment, i'm kinda indifferent towards "Sour Candy"...
        6) Finally, i still do not get the artwork of the album, it feels to me like it's out of place and not in the direction of the album. The artwork seems like a blend between BTW's artowrk and ARTPOP's.

I'm so glad that Lady GaGa delivered a very good and fun album -i didn't like "Joanne" or AISB- and it's so exciting that "Rain On Me" is coming strong on the charts (even if Arianna's name on it boosts the song's performance significantly)!
        And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• I'm sure this will do well with the masses though. Every song is short, basic and predictable. A perfect spotify moment.

Comment

• Listening now.
            Alice is great!!

Comment

• Ok this is 100% a dance record, it's not a typical pop album at all. All the tracks run smoothly into each other as one long party.

I really like 'Sine From Above' on the first listen. No real duds on the first listen through, but it's a bit exhausting to listen to it all in a row.

Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                She sounds like she's forcing a vocal tone and accent on most of these songs. She feels even more inauthentic than before.
                Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                Tragically generic.
                Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                I'm sure this will do well with the masses though. Every song is short, basic and predictable. A perfect spotify moment.
                Don't you get tired of that? We get it, you don't like her, now move on, she doesn't need your stream, let alone your obsession, chile...

Comment

• InFamous
                  InFamous commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Blatant trolling .

• OMG I was NOT expecting this after Stupid Love. This album is AMAZING and I am only a VERY casual Gaga listener. I liked 3 songs from Joanne, for example.
                This is a literal party from start to finish, and to be honest Stupid Love sticks out like a sore thumb. Rain on me had started to grow on me a lot before this. And when I pressed play I liked it instantly. It is far more "accessible" dance than Artpop, its kinda like her Confessions, if I was to compare it to something. I hear some Monica Naranjo in some tracks too.
                There is definite Madonna dance influences in this. And maybe even some Bjork touches, a throwback or two to Violently Happy.
                I am going to be spinning this all weekend. YES, YES, YES. MY lord Wonderland is such a BOP.
                Last edited by InFamous; Fri May 29, 2020, 00:38.

Comment

• This is incredible.
                  Gaga cures corona.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimJim View Post
                    Ok this is 100% a dance record, it's not a typical pop album at all. All the tracks run smoothly into each other as one long party.

I really like 'Sine From Above' on the first listen. No real duds on the first listen through, but it's a bit exhausting to listen to it all in a row.

It's like being in a club! Definitely a pure dance album.

Comment

• Well I was expecting that I wouldn’t like this based on the singles. The entire album feels like a very dated collection of leftovers from her first four albums. What is it with those 2013 dance breaks in almost every damn song??? "Free Woman" anyone???

I have at least a tiny bit of positive stuff to say. The interludes were BEAUTIFUL. Sadly they are three of the four highlights on the album for me but wow they are so epic. Strings are always good and I was hoping that the intro from the "Stupid Love" video would be on this album.
                      Then there’s "911". WHAT A SONG! I immediately got up and couldn’t stop moving throughout the entire song. It’s so damn good and the transition from "Chromatica II" was everything.

"Alice“ and "Sour Candy" were two nice songs but they didn’t blow me away. "Stupid Love" is actually one of the better songs on the album which I would’ve never thought.

I‘m EXTREMELY mad about "Sine From Above"! That song was so damn beautiful until that annoying, dated dance break ruined it. The outro was even worse. The verses and the (pre?) chorus are beautiful.

"Replay", "Plastic Doll" and "1000 Doves" were literally just there. There’s nothing more to say about them. I was very excited for "Enigma" but turns out it’s very annoying. "Fun Tonight" could’ve been an album track on a Katy Perry album in 2012. Out of all the dated songs on the album "Free Woman" is the worst. And of course there’s no Gaga album without a Madonna moment so you get "Babylon" as the ugly little sister of "Vogue".

Well like I said I didn’t expect to like it after I’ve been disappointed by this woman for six years now. However I did not expect that I would like "Joanne" (if you knew the stuff I said about that album...) more than this. So a filler/leftover album with an amazing new song "911" and three beautiful interludes. Her target audience will love this though...
                      Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Alice — ⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​/ 5

Stupid Love — ⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​/ 5

Rain On Me — ⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​/ 5

Free Woman — ⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​/ 5

Fun Tonight — ⭐​⭐​⭐​/ 5

911 — ⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​/ 5

Plastic Doll — ⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​/ 5

Sour Candy — ⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​/ 5

Enigma — ⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​/ 5

Replay — ⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​/ 5

Sine From Above — ⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​/ 5

1000 Doves — ⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​/ 5

Babylon — ⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​⭐​/ 5

Highlights: Free Woman, Babylon, Replay, Sine and Stupid Love.

Some points to postulate: Free Woman is excellent. Fun Tonight is good, but it doesn't do justice to the album, it should be in the special edition of Target. Stupid Love is a jam. The interludes are excellent and coherent in their essence to build the album, especially the 'Chromatica III'. Sine in a radio version, can make a noise, as well as 90% of the rest of the album. Babylon is a class on how to finish an impeccable pop album, she really got this song right, probably the masterpiece of the album along with Free Woman. Overall, it's evident her evolution as an artist on this album, and I'm very proud of her and this majestic work!

Score: 4.7 / 5

Comment

• ^^ I feel we listened to a completely different album.
                          ( I agree about Babylon though, its Vogue part 2)

Edit - this reply is for Jeremy not Million
                          Last edited by InFamous; Fri May 29, 2020, 01:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                            ^^ I feel we listened to a completely different album.
                            ( I agree about Babylon though, its Vogue part 2)
                            I'm glad you have a different vision, but it doesn't change mine. Madonna will sleep in tears tonight one more time cause Gaga has won again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Million View Post
                              I'm glad you have a different vision, but it doesn't change mine. Madonna will sleep in tears tonight one more time cause Gaga has won again.

My reply was not to you. I literally posted a few posts back that I love the album. My reply was to JeremySpears review.
                              I think you must have posted yours before i hit send on mine. I didn't want to quote his big wall of text.

Comment

• Lol nope Madonna will sleep just fine.

Alice is so cinematic it’s insane.
                                Enigma needed to be single it’s perfect.

Comment

• I got about 5 1/2 hours before I can spin this. Excited for Gaga to return to the dance floor
                                  The sands of time fade into dark
                                  Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                  A message to madness
                                  Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

My reply was not to you. I literally posted a few posts back that I love the album. My reply was to JeremySpears review.
                                    I think you must have posted yours before i hit send on mine. I didn't want to quote his big wall of text.
                                    Sorry I thought you were referring to me cause you pointed to my comment and agreed with the evil comment posted before my album review, about comparisons regarding Babylon and Vogue (which makes no sense at all). Anyway, I'm glad you liked the album, it's really spectacular!

Comment

• InFamous
                                      InFamous commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I definitely hear a similarity melodically between parts of Vogue and Babylon
                                      Like I said when i was writing my reply I hadn't even seen your comment, we must have literally been writing at the same time and you just hit reply before me. I was super confused when you quoted me ! And yeah, the album is great. I personally think her and Elton sound magnificent together.

• Originally posted by Million View Post
                                    Madonna will sleep in tears tonight one more time cause Gaga has won again.

Blind people are funny. Glad you're enjoying the album.

Comment

• Really enjoying this on first listen; it’s pure dance-pop which is what we all wanted tbh. It’s nothing groundbreaking and indeed 90s-ish but I’m here for it.

Some of it drags in the middle as it’s just non-stop uptempo tracks.

Alice & Sine are my two favourites
                                      You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

Blind people are funny. Glad you're enjoying the album.
                                        You're funny! I know you loved the album too, you don't have to listen to it in secret. Turn it up!

Comment

• My favs on here for the most part dig the albums so I'm excited. See you in a hour girlies with the first listen review.

I don't think I will mind safe dance pop Gaga.

Comment

• Wow, "Alice" is really something else! Amazing.
                                            vulnicura.

Comment

• This just isn’t my cup of tea really.

Alice is exceptional without a doubt though.
                                              YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• Okay so this sounds like a long east europian party from the early 00's (?) - Not sure If It's a bad thing or not lol
                                                i mean this isnt necessary my type of music but Gaga always made me love most of her music.
                                                but also I love my "serious gaga" a la Dope, You and I, Joanne album, Shallow, ARUTW, Speechless ... and thats certainly not on this album.

911 definitely was a standout on my first listen.

Comment

Working...
                                                X