• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't hear the similarities at all
    LJC--->>

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

The difference is now that most people who would remember Madonna songs are dead.
      I'm 15 years old and recognized the sample.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel X View Post

I'm 15 years old and recognized the sample.
        You should learn what a sample is, then...

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

You should learn what a sample is, then...
          I couldn't find the right english word for it.

Comment

• You can literally sing Vogue over Babylon without changing a single beat. Even the best reviews for Chromatica point out that's it not just a nod, but they even use the work "rework" (or similar) when it comes to Babylon in connection to the Vogue. Those who can't hear it (or pretend not to) or try to spin some fairy tale about how it's just all previous "Gaga" elements thrown together - have at it freely. Stans won't change their mind.

BUT! Who said Madonna invented vogue culture here? Please quote that person Mr. Supposed to be a Moderator. If you can't, give yourself an infraction for baiting if you're going to be fair. What she did do was the song, that was a huge hit, that's recognizable as hell and 30 years later Gaga decided it's OK to pull her old trick out of the bag and rework it.

About the signatures:

So what that they were "free"? It was a tactic to make fans buy multiple copies in a try to secure good debut positions. Them being "free" doesn't change the fact that they were done in an utterly disrespectful way towards fans. And both Twitter posts I've posted are from fans (I scrolled their Twitter a bit before posting, just so I can avoid "these are fake" comments as they seem to be fans). If you want I can pull you up pictures (LOTS OF THEM) from Reddit and from a board that is centered around famous people signatures. There are pictures of similarity lame one line (or barely a line) "signatures" next to her (or were they her even back then?) signatures on her previous albums as true fans were really disappointed as they were having proper looking signature on their previous stuff but now got something a baby would scratch on a paper.

Getting lazy or tired is not an excuse, sorry. They could've delayed the signed stuff and send it at a later date. Some artists do that too you know. They don't half arse it like this. And saying her label should not have sent those really bad looking ones? LOL. Is she blind? Does she not see what she's doing? Can you stop excusing her when she obviously doesn't give a damn.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
              About the signatures... (Which some people in here seem to be really obsessed about...) That last one posted here is fake and it’s just some guy trolling.
              It’s not even signed on the official cover but that first cover that leaked with a different face...
              Some other supposed signatures posted online seem to be fake too.

And, contrary to what some are constantly stating here, it’s been confirmed she signed thousands of copies herself. Have some other people done it, it’s common sense they would have obviously tried to do a perfect imitation of her “official” signature and repeat that one over and over so they all looked the same, not an L or a scrawl which she probably ended up doing being tired after signing thousands (which I’m not defending).
              It’s her fault for being lazy or not caring enough, but also from her label or team for not scrapping those which weren’t acceptable and send them anyway.

Unlike other artists who charge a lot of money for signed items, -a lot- these were free postcards (the price on her website for signed CDs it’s the same as regular one). And Universal is contacting those people not happy with their signed postcards and sending a replacement.

You must be the most defensive stan I've ever seen.
              "Lift up your head
              Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel X View Post

I couldn't find the right english word for it.
                  The expression you need is "blatant copy"
                  A sample is legally licenced and paid for if the original artist gives permission, which did not happen here.

OT - 1000 Doves is the best song on Chromatica.

Comment

• Babylon is Vogue 2.0 but I love it
                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I didn't realize I'm a zombie.
                      That would explain my craving for brains!

The sands of time fade into dark
                      Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                      A message to madness
                      Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Y’all need to get over it tbh

I’m fully expecting a Chromatica re release (No idea what the name will be since Chromatica II is already taken) but that’s probably when she expects to be able to promote this fully.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Omg and people paid $60 for this shit.
                          I'm sorry but some of this merch is terrible.

Still waiting for her to drop a gatefold vinyl though. Come on Gaga team, it can't be that hard to produce.
                          "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• InFamous
                            InFamous commented
                            Editing a comment
                            THAT cost 60 dollars... oh my. Fans really need to wake up!!

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                          You can literally sing Vogue over Babylon without changing a single beat. Even the best reviews for Chromatica point out that's it not just a nod, but they even use the work "rework" (or similar) when it comes to Babylon in connection to the Vogue. Those who can't hear it (or pretend not to) or try to spin some fairy tale about how it's just all previous "Gaga" elements thrown together - have at it freely. Stans won't change their mind.

BUT! Who said Madonna invented vogue culture here? Please quote that person Mr. Supposed to be a Moderator. If you can't, give yourself an infraction for baiting if you're going to be fair. What she did do was the song, that was a huge hit, that's recognizable as hell and 30 years later Gaga decided it's OK to pull her old trick out of the bag and rework it.
                          Babylon is literally just generic house music. If you're going to have a conniption about its similarities with Vogue, then I certainly hope you're at least thorough enough to drag Swish Swish as well since it's also a house-inspired song with an extremely similar beat.

Comment

• InFamous
                            InFamous commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Swish Swish sounds nothing like Vogue.

• We can say Gaga copied Vogue all day but Madonna's whole career has been her appropriating cultures (including the black LGBT scene with Vogue specifically)

With that being said, nothing is new is under the sun. Babylon is THAT girl and these Madonna stans need to lay down for their nap already.

Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Babylon is indeed a f*cking BOP!
                            It’s the song that has grown on me the most. It’s one of my favorites now.
                            "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Seeing as the tour was pushed back, I’d love her to do a Fame Monster with this album and release an expanded edition next Spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                Seeing as the tour was pushed back, I’d love her to do a Fame Monster with this album and release an expanded edition next Spring.
                                I remember how I bought 'The Fame' between 'Poker Face' and 'Love Game' back then and of course, I had to buy the re-release (around Christmas 2009, I guess) since, from today's point of view, it contained her signature hits. In the end, I paid the money twice, so when it comes to 'Chromatica', it would be great to hav some kind of expanded edition. Paying the money twice though? Either way, I'll wait for the 3rd single to decide whether I'll buy the album or not, I guess.
                                Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                and everything you stand for?
                                Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• You’re waiting for a third single?
                                  2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• If there’s ever gonna be a third single, I think it should be Alice. I love it and it’s single-worthy. I adore Sine From Above but I don’t see it as a single.

Fun Tonight is commercial, could see them going with that, too.
                                  2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• I think Sour Candy will be the 3rd single, no? Otherwise I’d expect it to be Free Woman, as its very commercial and radio friendly
                                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Originally posted by westhammer View Post
                                      I think Sour Candy will be the 3rd single, no? Otherwise I’d expect it to be Free Woman, as its very commercial and radio friendly
                                      Lord have mercy. Free Woman is one of the worst tracks on the album. Alice is screaming to be the next single
                                      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• My name.. isn’t ALICE

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
                                          My name.. isn’t ALICE
                                          My ears weren't ready for the high-pitched, high-camp melodrama.
                                          Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

Comment

• Yes, totally team Alice as the third single!

911 and Sour Candy would be my other choices.

Comment

• Agreed. Alice should be next. Just imagine what a Gaga in Wonderland video would look like. Please make it happen.
                                              One life with one dream on repeat

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post

Omg and people paid $60 for this shit.
                                                I'm sorry but some of this merch is terrible.

Still waiting for her to drop a gatefold vinyl though. Come on Gaga team, it can't be that hard to produce.
                                                THIS cost $60? Dear God!

Comment

• Originally posted by solitaire View Post
                                                  Agreed. Alice should be next. Just imagine what a Gaga in Wonderland video would look like. Please make it happen.
                                                  Yes! Yes! aaand yes! Please Lady G, make this happen!
                                                  And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• It breaks my heart that Alice wasn’t the first single. Her worst decision since not making Scheibe a single

Comment

• Yeah Alice or Sour Candy need to be the next singles, failing that, 911 (with Chromatica II as the intro for the video version).

Comment

• This is a true return to form. Well done Gaga. Alice or Replay should be the next single. A much better album than JW album.
                                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                        X