Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • On the other hand, it could do very well on streaming. This pandemic won't end until July or August at the earliest.
    Cha Cha Instructor

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Erotica View Post
      I think she should not postpone the album.
      I'm a physical buyer and as shops are going to be closed from tomorrow on in my state, I'll only be able to purchase another record by the time shops reopen, which is... yeah, when actually?
      ~ representing the LBC ~

      Comment


      • Why should she postpone? The single is well received and actual sales don’t get that much of a boost from tv appearances anymore.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
          I feel like she should push it back. One thing Stefani does is promote her album (at least at the start).

          Release a few songs to hold us over, but from Gaga, I want the full package. Especially in an era where artist don't go all out like she probably will.
          WORD.

          Comment


          • Yep. It has to be postponed.
            Amazon not shipping CDs during pandemic...

            Comment


            • Selfishly i want it to be released on April 10. They can always release the physical later. If not, they can push back to September or October or next year, cause this won't be over in summer.
              Cha Cha Instructor

              Comment


              • Well, if people can't get it from stores themselves because of lockdowns/quarentine, and now not even receive it at home from Amazon...

                I guess shipping from her official store would be affected too.

                Digital and streaming only so far and physical later…? Could be an option, but no promo and this messy release, could be a disaster.

                I think it's a matter of time before they announce it's postponed.

                Comment


                • Since she won't be able to tour this summer (Glastonbury is cancelled and she can't tour stadiums in fall/winter) she should just drop the album and make fans happy. She won't be able to do promo but i doubt people would care about it, or else she'll postpone the album to Fall and there is always a risk of it leaking.
                  Last edited by spiritboy; Wed March 18th, 2020, 18:57.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

                  Comment


                  • The leaked snippet of "Babylon" sounds terrible. I hope the song is not on the album.
                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                      On the other hand, it could do very well on streaming. This pandemic won't end until July or August at the earliest.
                      This.

                      I don’t want to wait either.
                      DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        Since she won't be able to tour this summer (Glastonbury is cancelled and she can't tour stadiums in fall/winter) she should just drop the album and make fans happy. She won't be able to do promo but i doubt people would care about it, or else she'll postpone the album to Fall and there is always a risk of it leaking.
                        The tour starts at the end of July, that's a month after Glastonbury, there is still hopes.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post

                          The tour starts at the end of July, that's a month after Glastonbury, there is still hopes.
                          Unfortunately with the way the virus is spreading, there is no hope. All summer events will be cancelled as it's proven that hot weather doesn't kill or prevent the spread of the virus. I really hope it doesn't come to that and it'll be over in May or June but it's highly unlikely.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                            The leaked snippet of "Babylon" sounds terrible. I hope the song is not on the album.
                            It's going to be on the album!
                            I lied, too. - Helen Parsons, Damages

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                              The leaked snippet of "Babylon" sounds terrible. I hope the song is not on the album.
                              Some fans were accusing the editor of Paper magazine of leaking that snippet, (as appatently it's the song she played non stop during the shooting and some say you can hear cameras clicking in that snippet), but he tweeted that's not the version it was played during the shooting, and Bobby (Gaga's manager) liked the tweet, so...

                              Anyway, 25 seg bad quality snippets never were a good indicator of how a song will be.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                Anyway, 25 seg bad quality snippets never were a good indicator of how a song will be.
                                ITA I remember the LQ snippet of Judas, it sounded so messy.

                                UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

                                Comment


                                • Album officialy postponed to a later 2020 release.




                                  Comment


                                  • Ugh, she should've just released the album.
                                    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

                                    Comment


                                    • It would be a great gift for the fans and music lovers tbh, but I understand the reasoning and wish her the best.

                                      Comment


                                      • She's making a mistake by not releasing in April. What if virus will be here in September or October? Will she delay again? Until when?
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

                                        Comment


                                        • It is understandable for high-profile artists to postpone their release, since they are also a product and economy is almost completely down. From that perspective postponing is the most logical consequence. On the other hand, music as an art form is one of the few things people in lockdown can still consume and enjoy. New music from artists they love can give a huge boost to individuals in these difficult times. There is something to say for both I guess, but I do feel a bit disappointed by this. I was looking forward to it.

                                          I'm a bit disappointed with pop artists in general during these times tbh, there is so much more they could do to lift spirits and do what they are paid for: to entertain. Slowly and surely I do hope some more creative solutions will be brought forward. At least some of them try and deliver some nice live videos etc.
                                          Last edited by Michiel; Tue March 24th, 2020, 19:09.
                                          "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal"
                                          Last.FM
                                          Instagram

                                          Comment


                                          • It was obviously the best decision.
                                            Not only because of the no promo fiasco, but stores being closed, people on lockdown, Amazon not shipping albums and even her UK official online store has a list of countries where they’re not shipping or there will be delays due to Coronavirus.

                                            I still don’t get how some of you think it’ll be a good idea to just release a digital album and that’s it. That’s not the kind of artist she is.

                                            She’s been planning this era for like three years. With looks, videos, choreos, promo planned.. a whole concept. It’s not just the music but much more attached to it. And it would be awful if it leaks.

                                            I just don’t understand how can there be fans so selfish saying “I don’t care, just give me the album!”. At the end of the day it’s her album and her decision. For me, a new era from my favourite artist is not just listening to music on Spotify. I want to see music videos, performances on TV, interviews, photoshoots, a tour... So I prefer to wait a few more months and have the full package instead of a messy rushed digital only release.

                                            Comment


                                            • It works in her favor that we don't know anything about the album beside Stupid Love and that leaked snippet of Babylon. Had the album cover and tracklisting already been out, there would be more chance of demo's or actual songs appearing here and there, she currently still has a chance to change the album if she wants ot needs to in certain ways.

                                              I personally would have loved to get it on my birthday (the original releasedate) and music is the only thing that gets me through the day, especially since I still have to travel to get to work. But it is what it is.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                                It was obviously the best decision.
                                                Not only because of the no promo fiasco, but stores being closed, people on lockdown, Amazon not shipping albums and even her UK official online store has a list of countries where they’re not shipping or there will be delays due to Coronavirus.

                                                I still don’t get how some of you think it’ll be a good idea to just release a digital album and that’s it. That’s not the kind of artist she is.

                                                She’s been planning this era for like three years. With looks, videos, choreos, promo planned.. a whole concept. It’s not just the music but much more attached to it. And it would be awful if it leaks.

                                                I just don’t understand how can there be fans so selfish saying “I don’t care, just give me the album!”. At the end of the day it’s her album and her decision. For me, a new era from my favourite artist is not just listening to music on Spotify. I want to see music videos, performances on TV, interviews, photoshoots, a tour... So I prefer to wait a few more months and have the full package instead of a messy rushed digital only release.
                                                So you'll be okay if this will be postponed to 2021?
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

                                                  So you'll be okay if this will be postponed to 2021?
                                                  I think you’re being way too pessimistic with Corona these past days. (And, believe, it’s terrible in my country right now. 3rd worse after China and Italy. 12th day that I’m locked at home, I know it’s really bad).

                                                  Will it be completely extinguished in Summer? No.
                                                  But lockdown situations cannot last for months and months. It’s impossible. It will all start coming back to normal in a few months, imo. Even if some of our habits will change forever.
                                                  Look at China. They had a 2 months lockdown that has ended now and they barely have 4 or 5 daily deaths now and they’re stating to control the situation.

                                                  So, no, in no case I think this will be released in 2021 because there will still be lockdowns in 6 or 8 months.
                                                  And in the terrible event it’s that way, they’ll obviously work out a new release plan in that situation as every other artist will have to do.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by nympho View Post

                                                    I think you’re being way too pessimistic with Corona these past days.
                                                    Thank you for your valuable opinion.

                                                    "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                                                    https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                                                    "..as he was with his composers?"

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X