X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nympho I agree with nympho 100%
    2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• i don't think there is a right or wrong thing to do. She made a descision and it is what it is now

Comment

• WHAT

Comment

• I'm just frustrated that we won't be listening to new Gaga album, hope she won't release later than June.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Fair enough, can’t blame her.

Comment

• Good and reasonable decision. It's such a time of fear and negativity, not many care about new music tbh....
              BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE

Comment

• I can understand she delays the album, but the reason... It's not like her fans will have more focus on helping each other when the album is postponed.
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by ginnyfan View Post
                  Good and reasonable decision. It's such a time of fear and negativity, not many care about new music tbh....
                  The Weeknd released his new album last week and it's projected to do 400k units so people care about new music. We'll see how Dua will fare but Gaga would've debuted with 200k+ debut.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• So according to her she's postponing so we could concentrate on helping each other in these bleak times, but when this is over we are THEN allowed to dance, be happy, etc? Girl, just say you want to maximize profits. It's OK. You got a contract and the label on ya for them coins.

Just like Hollywood peeps postponing high profile movies they don't want top bomb because only 3 theaters in the world seem to be opened. Only music has streaming that can keep it alive. And it might not be a bad thing to try and gain a bigger foothold on streaming as people would need to go there if they want new Gaga.
                    I have received many gifts from God,
                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• This is turning into an Artpop kind of mess already

She should've just released the album as planned. People would actually be happy to discover new music because there's basically nothing happening currently. I applaud Dua Lipa for releasing her album. This Gaga decision shows that her team (maybe her as well) is still all about accolades and success.

Comment

• I'm actually really annoyed over this.

Comment

• Well at least now she has time to rework the whole thing if it sounds like SL and that Babylon snippet.
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                              Yes.. a Sunday…

Fnac Portugal has it on 2 June... Amazon Spain 31 December…

Nobody knows when it's going to be released by now… not even her team.

Comment

• She is simply unable to have a normal album rollout since a very very long time.

Comment

• Well, “Stupid Love” made her have another top 5 single in US and UK, and now she should release something better and maybe ditch similar sounding songs from the album.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                    She is simply unable to have a normal album rollout since a very very long time.
                                    So true... but this time it's definitely not her or the label's fault.

I get the decision and I'm not even mad. But to be fair, three albums I was looking forward to were already delayed, three concerts got cancelled and the ESC as well, so I'm probably just used to 'bad news' when it comes to music these days

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

So true... but this time it's definitely not her or the label's fault.

I get the decision and I'm not even mad. But to be fair, three albums I was looking forward to were already delayed, three concerts got cancelled and the ESC as well, so I'm probably just used to 'bad news' when it comes to music these days
                                      This + I’m used to bad news in my personal life too these past months so for me it’s the normal lifestyle now

Comment

• Some people here seem to live in a different universe. The world is dealing with a lockdown not seen since WW2. Who cares for music, movies and tv right now??? Yes, it's a great distraction but no one can properly enjoy it. It's just an escape from fear and panic.

I do not want a new Gaga album and era until things are back to normal. How is she supposed to perform, promote and do concerts when everything is down? She can't do her tour and she is an established performer, first and foremost, not some new act or You Tube/streaming star.
                                        BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE

Comment

Some people here seem to live in a different universe. The world is dealing with a lockdown not seen since WW2. Who cares for music, movies and tv right now??? Yes, it's a great distraction but no one can properly enjoy it. It's just an escape from fear and panic.
                                          And that’s it. I’d rather escape from fear and panic for a second and enjoy brand new music by an artist I like than living in constant negativity and fear each day.

And distraction is what the world needs right now to alleviate the situation we’re going through.

Comment

Some people here seem to live in a different universe. The world is dealing with a lockdown not seen since WW2. Who cares for music, movies and tv right now??? Yes, it's a great distraction but no one can properly enjoy it. It's just an escape from fear and panic.

I do not want a new Gaga album and era until things are back to normal. How is she supposed to perform, promote and do concerts when everything is down? She can't do her tour and she is an established performer, first and foremost, not some new act or You Tube/streaming star.
                                            So, we shouldn’t/can’t enjoy nice things now? Mmkay

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post

And that’s it. I’d rather escape from fear and panic for a second and enjoy brand new music by an artist I like than living in constant negativity and fear each day.

And distraction is what the world needs right now to alleviate the situation we’re going through.

Well, that may be your case...

But numbers are there.

https://edm.com/news/streaming-decrease-during-covid-19

HDD, Billboard, OCC or Music Week have already published articles about it as well. It'll be worse this week.
                                              While services of video streaming like Netflix have increased by huge numbers. Also YouTube.
                                              People staying at home they prefer to be entertained with series or movies, distracting their minds for a while, I guess…

It's not my case, but the vast majority of music consumption on Spotify is from editorial playlists… People listen to music going to work, at the gym, while they're working… And they're not doing any of those things right now. It's even worse for a dance record… Dancing alone at home... not everybody loves that.

Comment

• December is a more logical date than June if virus is the reason for the delay.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

Well, that may be your case...

But numbers are there.

https://edm.com/news/streaming-decrease-during-covid-19

HDD, Billboard, OCC or Music Week have already published articles about it as well. It'll be worse this week.
                                                  While services of video streaming like Netflix have increased by huge numbers. Also YouTube.
                                                  People staying at home they prefer to be entertained with series or movies, distracting their minds for a while, I guess…

It's not my case, but the vast majority of music consumption on Spotify is from editorial playlists… People listen to music going to work, at the gym, while they're working… And they're not doing any of those things right now. It's even worse for a dance record… Dancing alone at home... not everybody loves that.
                                                  So it's a great time to release new music. There is not much new in the coming weeks, so not much competition. Not everyone loves to watch tv. (I listen more music now as I can't listen to music at work.) Also, obviously a lot of people do wait to listen to music till the crisis is over. So that means new music will stay longer on the charts now.
                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                                                    It would be a great gift for the fans and music lovers tbh, but I understand the reasoning and wish her the best.
                                                    Agreed.
                                                    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Working...
                                                    X