X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo
    replied
    NOMINEE for the 3rd Annual UKMIX Hot100 AWARDS as

Voting will start once all categories are announced! Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Listened to Chromatica today, while it's not her best album, it still sounds good and it's full of bops.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    The 50 Best Albums of 2020: Staff Picks

5. Lady Gaga, Chromatica

Leave it to the stans to say it best: “Interesting that #Chromatica is arguably @ladygaga’s most personal album to date and also her very first without any ballads,” tweeted go-to news source Gaga Daily on the day of its release. By then, the world was craving relief from a challenging year, and a heart-pumping return to form following the detours of Joanne and A Star Is Born. But when it finally crashed in from outer space, Chromatica proved to be no retread. It was certainly extravagant — there are orchestral suites, unplaceable accents, invitations to serve it ancient-city style -- but also more focused than ever. You don't have to look far beneath the hissing house beats to find a songwriter working through her traumas and preoccupations with devastating clarity on songs like "Fun Tonight" and "1000 Doves." Previously in the Gaga Cinematic Universe, every look had a story, every song had a double meaning, every performance was a parable. Maybe we'll get some of that when she tours in 2021 — but for now, pop's supreme shape-shifter has created something rarer: A world where she doesn't have to explain herself. -- N.F.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ms-2020-top-50

Leave a comment:

• toni_pest
    replied
    Rain on me, sour candy and 911 are the only keepers from the album. replay and babylon are cute for a few plays

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post

Not when Babylon, Replay and Sour Candy exist.
    To be fair, Sour Candy made me look into BLACKPINK‘s catalogue.

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Originally posted by Loose View Post
    ALICE >>>> the rest on Chromatica
    Not when Babylon, Replay and Sour Candy exist.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    911, Stupid Love, Alice, Sour Candy, Sine From Above and the interludes are still the only songs I like on this album. Babylon was growing on me for a second but that moment passed. I was waiting for her to come back to dance pop but the result sounds like something Zara Larsson for example could’ve recorded for her debut imo. "911" is the best thing she has done in YEARS though.

But I mean good for her and the fans if y’all like it.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Originally posted by Loose View Post
    YES!

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Originally posted by jason2379 View Post

I was literally coming here to say imagine how amazing Babylon or Alice would have been as the first single. I’ve always said Alice would have been perfect but Babylon would have been quite epic for her.

Mortifyingly, 4 out of my top 5 songs in my Spotify Wrapped were from Chromatica but I wouldn’t have called it that great of an album. It needed a part 2.
    I don't have Spotify cos I'm old but they are probably among my lory played this year as well

Leave a comment:

• jason2379
    replied
    Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    Don't get me wrong I love Alice but right now I'm feeling babylon
    I was literally coming here to say imagine how amazing Babylon or Alice would have been as the first single. I’ve always said Alice would have been perfect but Babylon would have been quite epic for her.

Mortifyingly, 4 out of my top 5 songs in my Spotify Wrapped were from Chromatica but I wouldn’t have called it that great of an album. It needed a part 2.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Don't get me wrong I love Alice but right now I'm feeling babylon

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    I respect her for alos putting so much time into the pandemic and the injustice in the world. Having said that, I still wish she would have put more into this era. I said it before, but she also makes magic with just a piano. A lot of songs on the album also would perfectly work as piano versions with 1000 Doves already having a piano version. I hoped for more action. It is sad the biggest recent thing that happened are toxic looking oreo's

Leave a comment:

• barney1814
    replied
    She could have done so much more with it! Great album it’s annoying when artists let album die prematurely!

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    It's still a really great album!

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    The 50 Best Albums of 2020

#11 Lady Gaga, 'Chromatica'

A callback of sorts to Lady Gaga’s “Just Dance” origins, Chromatica nimbly and reverently touched on sleek house and electro-pop grooves, packing the songs full of delectable hooks in “Stupid Love,” “Enigma,” and “Rain on Me,” the latter a winning duet with Ariana Grande. The angular “911” swerved into chilly Italo disco territory, while K-pop stars Blackpink rode a deep house riff on “Sour Candy.” Running through the album was a thread of struggle, resilience, and healing, culminating in the euphoric, trance-influenced numbers “Sine From Above” (featuring Elton John) and “1000 Doves.” It was a message many of us needed to hear on repeat throughout 2020. —J.F.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ica-2-1096853/

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Best Albums of 2020

Consequence of Sound

Chromatica

Origin: New York, New York

The Gist: Stefani Germanotta (aka Lady Gaga) is back with her first pop-centric album since 2013, and it lives up to the long-awaited hype. There’s not much to say about Gaga that isn’t already known to the public, but she took some time off pop music to try a bit of country twang on Joanne in 2016, made a little, not-popular-at-all movie that you’ve definitely never heard of called A Star Is Born, had a full-blown Las Vegas residency … she’s been busy. But she’s back to her roots, and that’s all that matters.

Why It Rules: Maybe it’s the pandemic and how it’s made us all feel, well, some type of way, but this might have been the best time in history for Gaga to re-emerge and reclaim her throne as the Pop Queen. The world is burning down, so, in the words of Bowie, let’s dance. Lady Gaga proved to us back in 2008 with her debut, The Fame, that she was a force to be reckoned with, and now, more than a decade later she’s reminding us that not only is she still that same 5’2” force, but now she can do it on a lengthy concept album that, from start to finish, is just banger after banger with a few dramatic transitions. She uses her resources wisely on Chromatica, between enlisting other pop gurus like Ariana Grande and freakin’ Sir Elton John to guest on tracks, highlighting the singles with already-iconic music videos, and even adding some K-pop flair with a BLACKPINK feature. This album toes the line into house music territory, which is new for Gaga, but as with the vast majority of what she does, she does it with extreme success. –Annie Black

Essential Tracks: “Stupid Love”, “Sour Candy”, and “Rain on Me”

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/....co/fsEo3uGXIX

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by dylonj View Post
    Is it me or did this just disappear?? I know nothing else would be a hit but I mean.....
    Kinda, tbh.

I still feel like "Alice" could dent the top 40.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I agree with ThaInfo1 . It's so hard to believe it's the same artist who made headlines with every music video and performance during her first two eras, 'The Fame' and 'Born This Way'. Maybe she's really grown tired from what made her popular and dare I say iconic in the first place, preferring to stay lowkey now.

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    I did expect her to be a bit all over the place considering mama is a visual artist and we're in pandemic, but for her to have the pop album of the year (and a HIT), she is quiet af.

Leave a comment:

• GreekGeek
    replied
    Until she gives the world a proper single treatment for "Alice", i refuse to believe that the "Chromatica" era is over.

Leave a comment:

• dylonj
    replied
    Is it me or did this just disappear?? I know nothing else would be a hit but I mean.....

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GaGarazzi
    replied

Amazing medley! The Sine From Above part is my favourite. Talented guy!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X