Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruthymon View Post
    Smart thinking, but it would be nice to have it this Friday
    Yeah I wish she’d brought it forward a week to coincide with the tour release... for which I got tickets to Leeds
    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

I got my copy today. It's incredible! She's never sounded so good and the reviews are all really good.

This will be on repeat for month in my house!

Comment

You UK+ girls should have the album already.

Thoughts?
        Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

From the snippets, I'm in with "In Your Eyes" and "Step Into My Life".

This is Devotion's big sister for sure

Comment

It’s such a throwback vibe! Feel good album for sure. She captures the essence of the disco era so well.
            LJC--->>

Comment

Ohhhh my! This sounds great so far. Kind of Goldfrapp-ish in some places.

Comment

This is LUSH. Didn't skip a song.

I even made it through Mirage.

In Your Eyes is my favorite from the first play.

This is like the grown and sexy Future Nostalgia

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

What's My Pleasure?

THIS ALBUM!
                  I have received many gifts from God,
                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

How's the album's booklet? does it have lyrics and photos?

Comment

This is so vibrant and Roisin Murphy-esque!

Her best album.

Didn‘t expect anything like this.

UHMAZINNNM
                      YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Sorry for double posting but damn, this album is revealing a musical fantasy wonderland to me!

Damn, this is SO pop album of the year!
                        YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

What a slayage this album is! I didn’t think she could possibly top her second album, but well, this could actually become my favorite album from her.

Highlights for me after the first few listens: “Soul Control”, “Read My Lips”, “Step Into My Life” and the title track.

Comment

I’m holding out for the vinyl, argh! Hope it comes tomorrow.

Comment

Just sliding in to support this album and say it's absolutely brilliant. Exciting, thrilling, fun, sexy.....from beginning till end.
                              Her best album! Go Jessie!!!!!!!

Comment

It really is a masterpiece! The title track is especially brilliant, she's recorded a timeless album here. It was made for vinyl, sounds so good... you just can't go wrong with classic disco music.

Step Into My Life is so Rose Royce.

Comment

Very enjoyable album :O
                                  I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

She’s #3 in the midweeks, hope she holds on. It would be her highest charting album if so.

Comment

Just went through this and I liked it!
                                      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

This album has been stuck in my head. I enjoy so many of the songs and I find something new each time I listen. I don’t think I can pick a favorite song here. I need to check out her other albums, but I think I will be disappointed. This is definitely one of my favorite releases this year.

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                          This album has been stuck in my head. I enjoy so many of the songs and I find something new each time I listen. I don’t think I can pick a favorite song here. I need to check out her other albums, but I think I will be disappointed. This is definitely one of my favorite releases this year.
                                          Although there were glimpses of dancefloor disco/dance bops before (most notably Imagine It Was Us that feels like a seed for this album), her previous albums were more R'n'B/Soul/Funk/Pop so don't go in with wrong expectations.
                                          I have received many gifts from God,
                                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Remember Where You Are may be one her best ever.

It's pulling at Cruel's wig wow.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                              If you like this album I would start with her first, and then her second. Her first is the most like this in regards to mood and tone, but the sound is experimental (although she has a bop or two on it), Alt, Pop, R&B kinda...it's hard to describe.

Her second is expiremtal too, but more chill and on the R&B side.

Her third one is her mom/adult contemporary Adele like album.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Coming out of UKMIX retirement to post here. What a FAB album is this? I was not expecting to like it so much. The production is wonderfully sleek and chic but Jessie's warm and gorgeous vocals are the special ingredient here, tying it all together to one fab night out in the discotheque. My favourite has to be What's Your Pleasure together with Remember Where You Are, both are such gems. The album reminds me a bit of Goldfrapp's Supernature, together with Future Nostalgia and a dash of Kylie's Fever. Definitely one of my favourites of 2020 so far.

Comment

• Hejira
                                                  Hejira commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  Completely agree.

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                                                Remember Where You Are may be one her best ever.

It's pulling at Cruel's wig wow.
                                                It’s great isn’t it. I hear some Lisa Stansfield in this record too.

Comment

The Kill has me 100% committed. I worship. The entire album is a revelation. So good. Remember where you are has me doing cartwheels. so amazing.

What a return.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

I have never been a fan before, or really that aware of her tbh but this is very good. I’m excited to give it a few more listens to see how good it’ll be!
                                                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Best new music on Pitchfork with an 8.3

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums...your-pleasure/
                                                      Last edited by Hejira; Wed July 1st, 2020, 16:39.

Comment

• beredy
                                                        beredy commented
                                                        Editing a comment
                                                        We don't talk about Shitfork though. But it seems they finally developed some taste in 2020 as their BNM lately have all been on point for me (Jessie, HAIM, Perfume Genius, Moses Sumney...).

Also great to see you back!

Looking forward to giving this a spin soon. Excellent reviews and feedback. Go Jessie

Comment

She deserves it and still it's going to underperform to what she truly deserves.

Comment

Listened to the first half of this after seeing everyone rave about it. Kinda underwhelmed with what I heard so far. Track 5 and 6 are ok. Dunno If id be that invested to listen again.

Comment

Working...
                                                          X